Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 03-13-2014, 08:42 AM   #29
Octaneman

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
WE have not pushed the limits by no means. We have another ZL1 we are doing that is a manual car, we have upped the fuel system, and we are going for around 14lbs of boost, we should have the results next week.

We just purchased a brand new manual ZL1, that we are going to put in a more aggressive cam, with the new HEARTBEAT, and push it a little further.

That will be over the next couple of weeks or so as we are taking delivery of the car next week.

Steve
Octaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:47 AM   #30
Octaneman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Nice Job guys, Looks Factory on there, I will have to put few on order as well.

Ted.
Thanks Ted, we certainly are getting a lot of attention with these, we now have 4 more Heartbeats on order. I believe 2 more are sold.

When we talked to Magnuson's people over a year ago about doing this Heartbeat for the LSA, they were very excited and went to work. Well here
we are a year later, and they have done a wonderful job

Magnsuon truly listens to their clients and distributors, our relationship has grown tremendously over the years due to their commitment to quality and service for these aftermarket superchargers.

I believe the hearbeat will find its way in a lot more applications in the near future.

Steve
Old 03-13-2014, 08:54 AM   #31
1985airborne
One Slow Automatic

Drives: 2017 GS 2010 CAMARO SS
Do you have pics of the twin heat exchangers? I have never seen this setup before? Thanks
Old 03-13-2014, 09:06 AM   #32
Octaneman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985airborne View Post
Do you have pics of the twin heat exchangers? I have never seen this setup before? Thanks
If you look at post number 10, we took the supercharger apart and you can see the two or twin Intercoolers , one for each bank of cylinders, some refer then to heat exchangers but I don't want to debate that..LOL Much superior in design IMO then the factory single unit.

The external heat exchanger that sits in behind the grill still remains the factory unit, unless you upgrade that as well, but that is not part of the kit.

Many on the forum have opted to go to larger heat exchangers, as they are offer by several vendors on here.

Steve
Old 03-13-2014, 09:24 AM   #33
davidcroft
Sellin Chevy's since '06

Drives: 18ZL1 02Z-28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnuson Superchargers View Post
We're seeing very stable IATs, even in super-hot climates.
Please tell me you tested in Houston This is a super hot climate and I've seen many a modified ZR1s going through intercooler bricks under the hat like you wouldn't believe. I know a guy making a modest 700 RWHP and he's on his 3rd set.
SOLD! '18 ZL1 Mosiac Blk
SOLD!'16 SS Sedan-Forgestars/ARH/rotofab
TRADED!2014 SS Sedan
SOLD! 2013 Blue Ray1SS/1LE 1of20.
TRADED! 2012 White 1SS/RS
davidcroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:25 AM   #34
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octaneman View Post
WE have not pushed the limits by no means. We have another ZL1 we are doing that is a manual car, we have upped the fuel system, and we are going for around 14lbs of boost, we should have the results next week.

We just purchased a brand new manual ZL1, that we are going to put in a more aggressive cam, with the new HEARTBEAT, and push it a little further.

That will be over the next couple of weeks or so as we are taking delivery of the car next week.

Steve
I sure would like to see what kind of power you make and what the temps are if you spin that thing at 22K for a bit. I'm subscribed so please keep us posted.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:46 PM   #35
Blackdevil77

Drives: 2008 Pontiac G8 GT, Shelby GT500
I would love to read a customers right up that got the Heartbeat blower replacement. How easy/hard is it for tuners to tune the car for this? Is it a simple swap and some simple tuning adjustments or is it more involved? Is drivability affected in any way?
Blackdevil77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:03 PM   #36
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
I would love to read a customers right up that got the Heartbeat blower replacement. How easy/hard is it for tuners to tune the car for this? Is it a simple swap and some simple tuning adjustments or is it more involved? Is drivability affected in any way?
I got a good look at this one and asked a few questions because my car is in the same shop. They drive the same except you have more power....a lot more power.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:11 PM   #37
Blackdevil77

Drives: 2008 Pontiac G8 GT, Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrayo View Post
I got a good look at this one and asked a few questions because my car is in the same shop. They drive the same except you have more power....a lot more power.
Oh dear! How much boost was that running? I'm very interested in these, I can't wait to hear more about them. I like how they look close to stock, it doesn't jump out at you when you open the hood.
Blackdevil77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:23 PM   #38
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
Oh dear! How much boost was that running? I'm very interested in these, I can't wait to hear more about them. I like how they look close to stock, it doesn't jump out at you when you open the hood.
Boost is relative to the restriction in the engine. I'm sure he is spinnig the blower at close to 22K, on that engine probably 15 pounds but I'm not sure. With all of that cooling it may be showing less boost but have more cold dense air actually getting into the cylinders.

Old 03-18-2014, 04:00 AM   #39
Magnuson Superchargers

Drives: Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcroft View Post
Please tell me you tested in Houston This is a super hot climate and I've seen many a modified ZR1s going through intercooler bricks under the hat like you wouldn't believe. I know a guy making a modest 700 RWHP and he's on his 3rd set.
Not yet in Houston (soon in Dallas), but there are a bunch of these running around on Holdens in Australia where it gets over 100F (and nice and humid), and they're seeing stable IATs (and they really use their cars down under).

That's one of the things we aimed to improve over the ZR1 design, as we had heard that was a problem on high-horsepower ZR1s (and on the 1900 as well - people blowing the fins off their intercoolers). We really cleaned up the air path, port separation and intercooling. We went with an intercooler brick that shows no perceptible pressure drop across the core (we tried measuring it with a gauge and couldn't - they flow that well), and one that outperformed everything else out there in heat management. They aren't just based on F1 and NASCAR heat exchangers, they are actually the same core - extruded, with dimpled passages to turbulate the water to more completely cool that charge. We really went all out on this design.

-Matt @ Magnuson
Magnuson Superchargers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 04:46 AM   #40
GenF-GTS
Account Suspended

Drives: none

Last edited by GenF-GTS; 03-18-2014 at 05:59 AM.
GenF-GTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 05:25 AM   #41
GenF-GTS
Account Suspended

Drives: none
GenF-GTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:19 AM   #42
Drew P

Im so angry after watching this video...because now I need one of these.
Mods: ID850 Injectors; D3PE HX, Reservoir & Atmospheric Catch-Can; LPE 2.55 Upper & 9.1 Lower Pulleys w/ ATI Damper; LPE Idler Pulley Relocation Bracket; "Green" Serp. Belt; Cat delete;ADM Exhaust Override; Magnaflow X-Pipe Muffler (in addition to stock mufflers); Cold Air Inductions CAI; 160 thermostat; LS9 Isolator; Port/polish snout and intake runners; LPE GT9 camshaft with dual springs and titanium retainers; Kenne Bell BAP, Install and Engine Tune by Serious Hp; Fab work by D3 Performance Engineering; Trans Tune by Keith; Coming Soon: Flex Fuel Conversion.
Drew P is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
davenport, heartbeat, magnuson, zl1