Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 11-06-2015, 01:40 PM   #43
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
OP, You need these.

This should be a HUGE improvement from where you are now.

Feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions.

All the best,

Jared Royce
JDP Motorsports
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 02:29 PM   #44
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
See post #13!!!
I sure hope this thread doesn't turn out to be an argument thread now. OP i mean no disrespect in what im saying, only trying to help, and keep your money in your pocket. As Backeddy said about Orangecrush and himself, they have racing experience, and so do i. I challenge anyone in a stock(except DOT 4 fluid)1LE to beat my time. If Backeddy, Orange crush and myself were all on track, it's fair to say it would be a pretty cool event to see. My experience at Fontana, and theirs at Laguna, is why were so fast. Im not sure your experience level, but doubt it equals ours. When i did that time at Fontana, I WAS IN RACE MODE!!!! and all my racing experience was driving that 1LE just has hard as it could be driven, it couldn't be driven any harder. So just change your brake fluid, save your money til your at our level, and go have fun. Your 1LE will do just fine

Last edited by cornerspeed92; 11-06-2015 at 03:01 PM.
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 02:44 PM   #45
Synner

Drives: cars
Well its pretty funny that the self proclaimed expert in a brake thread is the one who bought street pads for heavy track use and then couldn't understand why they didn't work properly.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 03:04 PM   #46
cornerspeed92

Quote:
Originally Posted by 130R View Post
I hate seeing people flamed like that. This is suppose to be a supportive community after-all...

I saw nothing but sound observations & good advice in this thread from several people, and quite frankly, can't understand the outburst & insults, or who it was even directed at.

One thing's for sure: it was out of line, and completely uncalled for...

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming...
Yes, that's why i said hope this doesn't turn out to be an argument thread as so many have. It seems as some just want to argue.
Old 11-06-2015, 03:12 PM   #47
summit1le

Drives: 15 Lexus RCF, 17 Vette Grand Sport
Wow the egos!!!! Geez.
2013 Summit 1SS 1LE w/NPP, SW 1 7/8" Long Tube Headers, CAI Intake, Ported TB, Cammotion 224/232 113 LSA, BTR Valvetrain, Melling Oil Pump, 468 HP 423, Apex Catch Can, Tank Plates, RPM 4 Point Roll Bar with SCCA/NASA Cross Brace, Schroth 6 Point Han's Harness, OMP WRC Front Seats, F.M.T Trailing Arms, F.M.T Solid Aluminum Subframe Bushings, Moreno Motorsports Camber Plates, BMR Bushings Front and Rear, Essex/AP Racing Radi-Cal Endurance Front Brakes, Quantum Brake Cooling Ducts, ZL1 Rockers, ZL1 Air Deflectors, Heritage Grill, Pfadt Springs.
summit1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 04:09 PM   #48
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by summit1le View Post
Wow the egos!!!! Geez.
Amen, and well said. If I have learned anything from my time playing sports in college and track time (drag strip and road course), never assume you are better than anybody else. You might get one hell of a shock. I have always found it better to let the truth be shown on the field, or track. Lets all be a little nicer to each other, and since it seems that most of us have jobs outside of professionally driving, I am guessing there is a huge room for improvement for everyone. Have a great weekend!
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 04:10 PM   #49
hcsi99
Cadillac Service Manager

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS, 1LE, NPP, RECAROS
I consider myself to have a lot of track experience, but all that experience is on the same track. I've never had much brake fade at Gingerman, but I did at first at Autobahn and I found out why. Because the track was new to me I found myself "street braking" instead of making my first initial brake application the hardest I was braking lightly. I might not have been using the brakes as hard, but I was using the brakes a lot longer. I remember experiencing this in my Subaru the first track day I ever participated in. With some instruction I was able to correct this in no time. OP I run stock rear SS pads and stock front CTSV pads with Motul RBF600 and Goodridge brake lines. This set up has worked fine for me at the tracks that I attend. Before I swapped the CTS-V front 6 pistons I ran stock pad but did change the fluid, and still didn't have any issues. My opinion is until you learn to outdrive the brakes you should be fine with the stock parts with the exception of the brake fluid. I installed the 6 pistons only because I figured 6 pistons are better then 4
Old 11-06-2015, 04:17 PM   #50
cornerspeed92

I assume the last few post's are directed at me. Im not an ego type person and certainly didn't mean to coma across as such. I was only trying to let the OP know that our 1LE's are just fine the way they are, as i actually have real world experience, and the video to back up what i was trying to say. There are people here who have changed everything on their 1LE's have never put them on track. My only point is that the 1LE, is just fine they it came out of the factory.
Old 11-06-2015, 04:20 PM   #51
BigBlock69RS
Ed

Drives: 2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Usually I find those tooting their own horn the loudest, do so because they want the attention and feel inaquate. Kind of like anyone who claims they are wise, you know they aren't.

The Internet and forums only seem to make this problem bigger...

Not directed at cornerspeed
Old 11-06-2015, 04:26 PM   #52
hcsi99
Cadillac Service Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
I assume the last few post's are directed at me. Im not an ego type person and certainly didn't mean to coma across as such. I was only trying to let the OP know that our 1LE's are just fine the way they are, as i actually have real world experience, and the video to back up what i was trying to say. There are people here who have changed everything on their 1LE's have never put them on track. My only point is that the 1LE, is just fine they it came out of the factory.
I will say I don't think I've ever seen anyone drive a stock 1LE as hard as you do. How are those calipers holding up? Did they turn brown again?
Old 11-06-2015, 04:46 PM   #53
cornerspeed92

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlock69RS View Post
Usually I find those tooting their own horn the loudest, do so because they want the attention and feel inaquate. Kind of like anyone who claims they are wise, you know they aren't.

The Internet and forums only seem to make this problem bigger...

Not directed at cornerspeed
Thank you BigBlock69

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcsi99 View Post
I will say I don't think I've ever seen anyone drive a stock 1LE as hard as you do. How are those calipers holding up? Did they turn brown again?
Thanks Lee, yeah the lettering finally turned from bright white to dull brown, i think they should be warranted not to change color
On a funny note, that was actually pretty funny the other day,when i said you should adopt me. I think im older then you.
Old 11-06-2015, 04:51 PM   #54
130R

Drives: SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
Well its pretty funny that the self proclaimed expert in a brake thread is the one who bought street pads for heavy track use and then couldn't understand why they didn't work properly.
I remember that as well... Bizarre...

I listen to the guys I know, know what they're talking about when it comes to chassis setup, usually engineers, and follow their advice. Conversely, I listen to the fast drivers to improve my driving, usually not engineers.

One things for sure, just because someone's fast, doesn't mean their car is fast, or the driver knows how to setup a car; a talented driver can overcome a cars deficiencies. It's easy for a seasoned driver in a lesser car, to spank an inexperienced driver in a better car, especially at the amateur level, where experience & skill levels are all over the place, from ZERO, to YEARS.

At the pro levels, where the drivers are on a MUCH leveler playing field, it's the better car that often times wins the race.
130R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 04:57 PM   #55
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Just to be clear....I enjoy your posts and videos. Did not mean any disrespect with my comments. I may just look at things differently than others.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 05:25 PM   #56
hcsi99
Cadillac Service Manager

Quote:
Thank you BigBlock69

Thanks Lee, yeah the lettering finally turned from bright white to dull brown, i think they should be warranted not to change color
On a funny note, that was actually pretty funny the other day,when i said you should adopt me. I think im older then you.

I'm 34 but I turn 35 next month