Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 05-05-2011, 10:58 PM   #1
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
BlueTooth, Blackberry and Audio (music not phone)

Wondering if anyone has been successfull at getting their BlackBerry to stream audio to the vehicle stereo via BlueTooth?
I've paired the BlackBerry to the vehicle, phone works great but when I use an app. to stream music it won't work. ie - Slacker Radio.

Anyone get this to work successfully or aware of a C5 thread that already explains how to accomplish this?
Old 05-06-2011, 11:16 AM   #2
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
You will need to sync your phone with the Audio Bluetooth via the stereo.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:22 PM   #3
Angelsilhouette

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS, Red Jewel
After spending 2hrs today trying to pair my droid to the stereo so I could stream music and directions (via google maps) to it, I contacted a GM rep via Onstar today to ask how to stream the audio via bluetooth. Per the rep, the Camaro will only support telephone voice via bluetooth. It will not allow the phone to stream any other audio source via bluetooth. It's really too bad that the 2LT has only the USB jack in the centre console and not the 3.5mm jack. I could probably stream the audio that way if I did; but per the dealer, only the 1LS, 1LT, and 1SS have the 3.5mm audio jack.

Angelsilhouette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:34 PM   #4
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsilhouette View Post
After spending 2hrs today trying to pair my droid to the stereo so I could stream music and directions (via google maps) to it, I contacted a GM rep via Onstar today to ask how to stream the audio via bluetooth. Per the rep, the Camaro will only support telephone voice via bluetooth. It will not allow the phone to stream any other audio source via bluetooth. It's really too bad that the 2LT has only the USB jack in the centre console and not the 3.5mm jack. I could probably stream the audio that way if I did; but per the dealer, only the 1LS, 1LT, and 1SS have the 3.5mm audio jack.
There must be a software update to allow streaming audio. I have the 2SS so I have the audio jack so I guess that's the only way to do it.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:39 PM   #5
Angelsilhouette

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
There must be a software update to allow streaming audio. I have the 2SS so I have the audio jack so I guess that's the only way to do it.
>.< I waaaaant an audio jack. All I've got in the centre console is the darn USB port that makes my phone think it's either charging or hooking up as a mass storage device. It also makes my old Toshiba Gigabeat 40G mp3 player think it's connected to either Media Player or Gigabeat room (which makes it refuse to play) so I can't get any audio going into my stereo from my audio devices. >.<

Perhaps I can get something like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-020-_-Product to stream the audio from my phone / MP3 player.

Old 05-11-2011, 11:30 PM   #6
Toasty
Custom User Title :D

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
Angelsilhouette-

lol you got some bad info... first- if you have the USB port, you have a 3.5mm jack, too. it's on the same plate in the center console... its directly below the USB port.

second,

the OnStar rep is WRONG WRONG WRONG

When I had a Blackberry, the blackberry didnt like to be paired for handsfree phone and music streaming at the sam time, but it was the fault of the phone.

I have an android phone now, and it streams music over bluetooth fine.

Select your Aux jack input, then press menu/select, go into bluetooth setup, and add device. you will walk through pairing the bluetooth audio device.

you will have to select aux jack, then push menu/select and select your bluetooth device every time you want to use the bluetooth audio (not re-pair, just pick the bluetooth device)

....it's covered in the manual
Old 05-12-2011, 08:06 AM   #7
Angelsilhouette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasty View Post
Angelsilhouette- ....it's covered in the manual
I haven't taken the opportunity to study my manual back to front, yet.

I just ran out to my car to check for the 3.5mm jack and... quite embarrassingly... It pointed at me and laughed. >.<

Old 05-12-2011, 10:55 AM   #8
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Quote:
Angelsilhouette-

lol you got some bad info... first- if you have the USB port, you have a 3.5mm jack, too. it's on the same plate in the center console... its directly below the USB port.

second,

When I had a Blackberry, the blackberry didnt like to be paired for handsfree phone and music streaming at the sam time, but it was the fault of the phone.

Select your Aux jack input, then press menu/select, go into bluetooth setup, and add device. you will walk through pairing the bluetooth audio device.

you will have to select aux jack, then push menu/select and select your bluetooth device every time you want to use the bluetooth audio (not re-pair, just pick the bluetooth device)

Awww..... I'll give this a try later. Thanks.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:02 AM   #9
Partick

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I'm not streaming but I do have my BB set up to play stored mp3s via Bluetooth, works perfectly!
Partick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:23 PM   #10
JKLNHYD
Defending the Nation...

Drives: '16 Summit White 2SS, A8, Sunroof
OP,
You CAN be connected to the car via bluetooth for both phone calls AND music streaming. It is two separate bluetooth pairings.

The standard phone is one and it sounds like you already have that setup. The second one is called GM Music Connect. You have to navigate through the menus on your radio to initiate it then you have to search with your phone for the signal the car radio is putting out. Once you are paired with GM Music Connect, you can stream audio. It's hit and miss but when you get in the car, it should connect to both. Sometimes I have to go into my Blackberry's "signals menu" and go to Blackberry Options and click GM Music Connect to get them both up but once done, stream away!

Hope this helps!

'16 2SS, A8, Sunroof, non-NPP
"SURSUM AB ORDINE"
JKLNHYD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 08:02 PM   #11
Angelsilhouette

Welp... Got out of work and in less than a minute, I had the phone streaming slacker radio to my car stereo. It was very nice, but the phone kept losing the slacker signal and the car radio would then switch itself to the CD input.

Old 05-12-2011, 09:22 PM   #12
Toasty
Custom User Title :D

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
was it actually only loosing the slacker/data signal, or was the bluetooth dropping? watch the bluetooth icon on the radio and see if it disapears
Old 05-12-2011, 09:24 PM   #13
Angelsilhouette

Bluetooth is fine, normally; I've never dropped a call, yet. (Though I do try to keep calls short while I'm driving.)

Old 05-13-2011, 04:29 PM   #14
Madgiggler

Drives: 2SS RS
Quote:
Angelsilhouette-

second,

this needs to be "sticky'd" !!! been trying to remember how i got my BB to do both phone and music via BT for over a month ever since i got my new drioid phone...... the Dealer was clueless, the 800-ppl were clueless... just glad i decided to give our forums another go through!!!
Droid now doing phone, music and nav all @ same time and all flawlessly!!!

THANKS!!!!!