Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: What is your opinion of the Mustang?
Hate it. Plain and simple. 11 7.19%
Improvement... but not my cup of Tea 27 17.65%
Love it, its my next car. 25 16.34%
Its cool, but its not a Camaro. 90 58.82%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 05:03 AM   #57
WILHELM

Drives: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by mprhead5 View Post
I love what you did with the side scoops.

it's funny how someone can post a mustang pic on a camaro forum and we are all like thats neat but we still like camaros more. But if you posted a camaro pic on a mustang site they would hack your forum profile, find your house, and show up on your doorstep to scald you with burning oil.
I can tell you that you are wrong. I am an active poster on
many different Mustang forums and am the moderator of one
and I can tell you that I have posted up pictures of the new
Camaro various times so have other users and I can tell you that
they like it and don't have a problem with it. If you go in there with a
good attitude you will be treated nicely if you go in there thinking you
are better it will not be tolerated.
Old 06-13-2008, 05:49 AM   #58
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Which is how it should be. It's done here with mustang owners (normally)
Old 06-13-2008, 09:11 AM   #59
Congoman775

Drives: Muscle
you know.. i dont think to much of mustangs outside the 66-70 range. and i do happen to like the 05- present mustangs. even though we've seen so many we could probaly never see one again and be just fine.

and as for old camaros... i would take a 69' camaro SS over any kind of mustang from any year. Doesnt get any better than that.

Even though one day i WILL own a 1969 302 BOSS mustang
Old 06-13-2008, 03:51 PM   #60
Bumble Bee '77
AutoBot Scout

Drives: 2002 ZRS Camaro
the only mustang id ever own is Elenore and only cause it was a movie car.
Old 06-13-2008, 05:34 PM   #61
WILHELM

Wow no love for Mustangs. Its sad there is love for Camaro's on Mustang forums. I like the 1965-1968 Mustangs a lot. After that I like the 1999-2009 Mustangs.
Old 06-13-2008, 05:57 PM   #62
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
You wanna see hate for the poor Mustang, go to LS1Tech. They're hardcore over there.

There are a lot of spy photos of the 2010 'Stang refresh, unfortunately the entire car is bagged even moreso than the Camaro was in its "self-doubt" days. The headlights on it are more 1970'ish inspired and the tail lights... eh... I dunno what to make of them. Kinda ugly.
Old 06-13-2008, 06:10 PM   #63
WILHELM

I don't know about the head lights either. I like the current Mustang body style.
I guess I will know weather I like the new look or not when Ford officially reveals the face lifted Mustang.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:03 PM   #64
Tomash

Drives: (black 2SS Camaro), Suzuki SX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILHELM View Post
Wow no love for Mustangs. Its sad there is love for Camaro's on Mustang forums. I like the 1965-1968 Mustangs a lot. After that I like the 1999-2009 Mustangs.
Hey, Mustang is pretty cool. It's just some innocent joking and competition - partly of jelaousy, because Ford guys got their toy first
Old 06-13-2008, 11:36 PM   #65
WILHELM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomash View Post
Hey, Mustang is pretty cool. It's just some innocent joking and competition - partly of jelaousy, because Ford guys got their toy first
Well hopefully the wait for our Camaro will be worth it.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:51 AM   #66
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
This must be the right place to ask this:

Does anyone out there have a feeling for what the Mustang crowd is saying about all the new Camaro news and rumors floating about? I don't frequent any mustang forums but if anyone does, what are they saying?

I mean, are they sticking their heads in the sand and ignoring the Camaro hoping it's going to go away, or are they lamenting the fact that it puts them to shame, or are they in denial saying that the Camaro is too good to be true, or are they bagging on the Camaro for feeble reasons?

It would be very interesting to see if they are scared and how they are reacting.
Old 06-14-2008, 11:53 AM   #67
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Or are they impressed? Animosity isn't the ONLY possible reaction to the car.

(Of course, I don't visit any of those forums either, so......)
Old 06-14-2008, 12:29 PM   #68
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post

Does anyone out there have a feeling for what the Mustang crowd is saying about all the new Camaro news and rumors floating about? I don't frequent any mustang forums but if anyone does, what are they saying?

I mean, are they sticking their heads in the sand and ignoring the Camaro hoping it's going to go away, or are they lamenting the fact that it puts them to shame, or are they in denial saying that the Camaro is too good to be true, or are they bagging on the Camaro for feeble reasons?

It would be very interesting to see if they are scared and how they are reacting.
Some of the more honest, dignified members are probably impressed by the car... maybe relishing and appreciating the fact that Chevy has heeded the call and is adding another testament to this modern-day muscle car mania. Otherwise, most of them are poking fun at it, similar to how we do to Mustangs. It's all in good rivalry. We should be thankful for the Mustang. If it isn't as powerful and influential as it is, we wouldn't be comparing Camaros to it because there'd BE no comparison... but there is one. Or else, we'd be treating Mustangs like Civics. Camaros and Mustangs are both Pony Cars with V8 engines and both of them are always finding ways to outsmart eachother. Just the way of the world.
Old 06-14-2008, 04:14 PM   #69
WILHELM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post

I can answer that question for you. Many think the Camaro will pass away again after a five year period probably because of gas prices and weak sales.
Others have doubts that it will even make it into production and if so they think it will be to late because if should have been relased last year with Transformers. Others think that it will be heavy and there will not be many on the road. I have seen many though with their S197's just saying "Bring It". Another thing is the Challenger is almost here so the Mustang has other things to think about. The SRT-8's for 2008 is already sold out and its going around that the full 2009 lineup is taking orders with the V-6 making 250HP and the R/T 5.7L HEMI making 370HP.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:01 AM   #70
michele.lee

Drives: 2000 Camaro and 1992 Blazer
squish a stang

My neighbor has a new mustang gt and he loves to come home late at nite and rev his engine - i can't wait to pull the same - but early in the morning in my 2010!!

maybe i'll convert him when he gets tired of only seeing my tailights!

Closed Thread