Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-17-2010, 12:17 PM   #15
youngoliver

Drives: 2SS/RS SIM -- Lifted 99' GMC
Shuldn't street race no matter where you are or whatever circumstances arise. Racing is for the track.

No matter how secluded a road may look there can always be a cop right around the bend (i know from experience).... also the risks involved are not worth the reward of simply boasting a bit about your car. Don't mean to lecture but that's how it is.

Grow up suk it up and let the idiot blow you by... good choice on the lambo he ended up looking stupid
Old 07-17-2010, 12:32 PM   #16
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Street racing talk aside....wondering why you took off at a decent clip and barked second gear if you didn't intend to race? All the while this exotic car blows your doors off as he races by.

He probably thinks you was trying to race. If you'd have just rolled off the line like a normal stop light I think he'd of caught the clue right away.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:43 PM   #17
camaro4mybday
"Camaro Joe"

Drives: 2010 SILVER ICE 2LT/RS CAMARO
Send a message via AIM to camaro4mybday
funny lambo story, my self an about a dozen camaro owners meet sunday morning in a local parking lot, as we are all talking a lambo pulls in to the parking lot and does 2 laps checking out the camaros
camaro4mybday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 12:53 PM   #18
John VS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT CGM, IOM Int.
Why did he have to flip you off? That just shows he's a little man with a big car. He should have been smiling, not angry. What a loser.
John VS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 01:51 PM   #19
Napper

Drives: 2SS RS A6/ CTS-V A6 LSA
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngoliver View Post
Shuldn't street race no matter where you are or whatever circumstances arise. Racing is for the track.

No matter how secluded a road may look there can always be a cop right around the bend (i know from experience).... also the risks involved are not worth the reward of simply boasting a bit about your car. Don't mean to lecture but that's how it is.

Grow up suk it up and let the idiot blow you by... good choice on the lambo he ended up looking stupid

Your right. i did suck it up. but i don't need to grow. I am a man after all.
considerate and i like to think honest and law abiding.

Youre also right about the Lambo....he looked idiotic.
I don't need to chest thump!!

however i always take off at that pace, i wasn't racing....my car regularly bark second at half throttle. Trust me if i were to race him , i am no amature to the 1320. i took off as i almost always do.

Clarkson was testing a LS2 gen 1 CTS-v . i saw that episode. pretty cool, but those brits put down American cars fiercely, like they wouldn't be speaking German or worst Russian if not for us!! Still sore about 1776

i can safely say mine doesn't BONG!!( Gen 2 LSA) lol though the first time the back up sensors went wild when i was close to the mailbox had my bloodpressure up. ( like the camaro the interval between beeps gets shorter and shorter) i thought it was gonna explode or something..lol

i definitely should've read the whole manual. i laugh about it now!!

Back on point. I'm not a street racer. but i would be lying if i said i never did it. You do grow up at some point. the reward/distaster scale favors the latter. either legally, monitarily, or God for bid, Humanly!

i knowwhat your saying about a cop popping up. But i know these roads ( lived in the same area for 35 years)and where the traps are. All i've ever seen is Fish and Wildlife patrol cars in these area

i'm not Charles Manson..lol but i not gonna live life like i'm dead either!
L99, ADM RACE CAI, TVS 2300,LG- Headers and X pipe ,catless 3 inch back w/Magnaflows , Ngk plugs,Msd wires,180 stat,Springs ( lowered 1"- looks solidly correct)Sways and endlinks,BMR trailing arms, Slotted rotors and Hawk HPS ,tuned ,Black out bowtie and custom (black)"SS" on sides /midnight rims (8psi)
2010 Raven (triple black.)CTS-v , crank pulley, Bubb CAI , AR Headers, custom catlessback. magnaflows. tune ( 9psi)
former LS7, LS2 and LS1 owner.(Zo6, GTO's, WS6)
Napper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 01:57 PM   #20
esperman
You Can Call Me Jay

Drives: 2010 1LT RJT Manual w/CAI & Solo
If a Lambo pulls up revs and baits you...just roll slow and watch his magic. Those cars are not to be messed with, idiot driver or not.
esperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 02:20 PM   #21
NicksVSix

Drives: 2014 2LT Red Rock Metallic
Personally I am not a fan a all of Italian sports cars, Lambos in particular.
I think they are just SOOOO f**kin' ugly. I could care less how fast they are, they're just ghastly looking.

I see a Camaro, Mustang or similar, I think: now there's a woking man's/woman's car.
I see a Lambo and I think: rich brat with a wet handshake inside.

If I had an SS (I only have an LS) I wouldnt even let a Lambo driver think he even had the remotest chance of having the honour to race a Camaro. Find a Ferrari or Porsche instead.
NicksVSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 02:21 PM   #22
NicksVSix

Drives: 2014 2LT Red Rock Metallic
My post above should have read:
"I see a Camaro, Mustang or similar, I think: now there's a WORKING (not woking, lol) man's/woman's car."
NicksVSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 03:22 PM   #23
2SSARMY
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS/RS
real men street race
2SSARMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 03:22 PM   #24
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
I would love for a Lambo to pull up next to my 88 Camaro
Old 07-17-2010, 04:43 PM   #25
Napper

Drives: 2SS RS A6/ CTS-V A6 LSA
2010 SSRS

whats with the 88? do you have a cage? mini tub?

I'd like to make you an offer on the one on the far right!!! # matching right?

You got yourself a Camaro museum there. What no Gen 4? come on...i'll bet you had one!!

interested in a CTS-V??
lol kidding though if the gold and black is for sale do let me know!!!
L99, ADM RACE CAI, TVS 2300,LG- Headers and X pipe ,catless 3 inch back w/Magnaflows , Ngk plugs,Msd wires,180 stat,Springs ( lowered 1"- looks solidly correct)Sways and endlinks,BMR trailing arms, Slotted rotors and Hawk HPS ,tuned ,Black out bowtie and custom (black)"SS" on sides /midnight rims (8psi)
2010 Raven (triple black.)CTS-v , crank pulley, Bubb CAI , AR Headers, custom catlessback. magnaflows. tune ( 9psi)
former LS7, LS2 and LS1 owner.(Zo6, GTO's, WS6)
Napper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 05:24 PM   #26
zerox

Drives: 2010 2SS RS Bumblebee
haha what a tool, I just can't stand guys in those exotic cars, they think they own the road. Mind you I have never come across that and where I live there ain't no exotic cars, but still... oh well I guess it makes their ego feel good.
Old 07-17-2010, 05:44 PM   #27
76z28

Drives: 1976 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerox View Post
haha what a tool, I just can't stand guys in those exotic cars, they think they own the road. Mind you I have never come across that and where I live there ain't no exotic cars, but still... oh well I guess it makes their ego feel good.
seriously and the high end BMWs...
too bad im not worried if they scrape my Chevrolet celebrity...
try and be push with it you will be scraped...
76z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 05:49 PM   #28
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napper View Post
2010 SSRS

whats with the 88? do you have a cage? mini tub?

I'd like to make you an offer on the one on the far right!!! # matching right?

You got yourself a Camaro museum there. What no Gen 4? come on...i'll bet you had one!!

interested in a CTS-V??
lol kidding though if the gold and black is for sale do let me know!!!
The 88 has a 10 pt. cage, Dana rear end, I have Hoosier QTP's 27 x 11 1/2's, the motor is a ZZ502 with some extras, Turbo 400 , the 71 was my first Camaro, it is originally a 307 RS, but it now has a built 355. I have owned many Camaro's but never a 4th gen yet, maybe someday.