Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Garage / Tools Discussions

Old 12-11-2010, 07:46 AM   #71
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro52010 View Post
Look at these: http://www.rubberflooringinc.com/gar...ond-plate.html Description - The diamond plate design is one of the best floor tile patterns available and our most popular pattern for use as a garage flooring. It not only has tough appearance for use in heavy duty commercial / industrial / work shop settings, it also provides for a non slip surface in case the flooring is spilled on and/or gets wet by water, oil, or other liquids. Cutting of these tiles to custom fit them to your room can be easily done with a fresh utility knife and straight edge like a yard stick or ruler. Material – Constructed entirely of a proprietary and durable blend of flexible PVC. This blend ensures that the tiles are flexible and have the anti fatigue qualities similar to rubber flooring but also the durability, long life, and chemical resistance associated with polyvinyl chloride.
I like these too...but $2100-2900 to do my garage. Plus I am a one man crew. Has anyone used this? Does water get thru this stuff at the joints?
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 10:50 AM   #72
hypurone
I'm not totally useless..

Drives: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybercoaster View Post
I have been wanting to do something in my garage but it's going to be expensive as I have a 5 car garage. If I go with racedeck, does water get trapped underneath? I like to wash my car in the garage so I am concerned about that. I wanted to do the epoxy when it was brand new but after the expensive of the house, decided not to. Now my sons truck leaked oil pretty bad in one bay. I may just do where I park the Camaro.
On the Racedeck product, the backs of the tiles are specifically designed with raised areas that create "channels: for air/water flow to keep things dry. But if you are actually washing a vehicle on it I would recommend a fan to help with air movement for drying....

Quote:
RafCon I was told that static electricity becomes an issue with modular tiles... has anyone run into that as an issue? That and creaking or plastic type sounds when you walk over them. Does anyone with racedeck or other modular floors experience this?
I have not. I sit directly on the floor sometimes when working on my bikes. NO static at all. Depending on how uneven (yes, even poured concrete can be) the floor is, the tiles can make some noise as you walk on them as they are pushed down and contact the floor wherever it is low and there is a gap... minor thing IMO.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:44 AM   #73
camaro52010
Camaro4ever

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS, 1978 Z28 Camaro
Finally got my winter project done.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/album.php?albumid=4032

Last edited by camaro52010; 05-10-2011 at 08:51 AM.
camaro52010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:13 PM   #74
Springerrob

Drives: 11 RJT SS Convertible /10 CG 2LT RS
I have the plasic tiles, the low end racedeck with the coin top and I love it. I sweep the garage out then clean it with a wet towel wrapped around a push broom.
I really considered epoxy, but most the stuff out there will last only a few years at best. I talked with this company http://www.musclegloss.com/ They have great stuff but it was going to be expensive, about $2K and would take a week to do the multiple colors I wanted. Snap tiles took my then 12 year old and I 4 hours to lay the tiles in a 3 car garage. Cost ended up being just under $1K. I jack my motorcycle and car up all the time but I put plywood down for the jack stands. There is noise when you walk on them but the trade off is that it is warmer than standing on cold concrete in the winter and cooler in the summer. Only issue is that the tiles expand as they get warmer and the black tiles by the garage opening will bow in direct sunlight on a hot day.
Attached Images

Springerrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:56 AM   #75
rjcamaro
312 HP

Drives: 2LT/RS RJT
I have these if anyone is interested. PM me.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:10 PM   #76
2SS BUMBLBE

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS/L99
I found another company with interesting tiles, Swisstrax. They did Jay Leno's garage and have some skeletal tiles for over drains, etc. Looks pretty nice. I am awaiting a quote from them and RaceDeck on my two, two-car garages.
2SS BUMBLBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:00 AM   #77
camaro52010
Camaro4ever

Racedeck from BigFloors

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS BUMBLBE View Post
I found another company with interesting tiles, Swisstrax. They did Jay Leno's garage and have some skeletal tiles for over drains, etc. Looks pretty nice. I am awaiting a quote from them and RaceDeck on my two, two-car garages.
www.bigfloors.com design your own, instant quote, free same day shipping cannot be beat.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:33 PM   #78
y2k king

Drives: 2011 ss camaro
Quote:
www.bigfloors.com design your own, instant quote, free same day shipping cannot be beat.
not bad, i might have to think about this now.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:51 PM   #79
camaro52010
Camaro4ever

http://www.bigfloors.com/GarageTrac-P26.aspx did mine 20x25 right around a $ grand love it.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:04 AM   #80
bucketobolts

Drives: 2010 2SS
I'm looking to finish the floors in my shop. The cost of the tile floor is killing me. The Racedeck for my 28x30 is going to be close to $3k with my labor to install.

I just got a quote from a contractor to epoxy the floor for $1200. He said I should have no troubles out of the epoxy on new concrete. He also said he uses a urethane clear to lock in the color coat to prevent peeling.

I'm still on the fence as to which way to go.
bucketobolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:44 AM   #81
Mojave
San Diego Head Tuners

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS ,NPP,MagRide, A8
I just did my own epoxy in my three car garage for a lot less if you are willing to do it yourself. I used off the shelf garage floor paint, primer and epoxy sealant from Home Depot. I think I spent around $250 to $300 all in.

You can see the floor in this picture. Let me know if you want any other information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucketobolts View Post
I'm looking to finish the floors in my shop. The cost of the tile floor is killing me. The Racedeck for my 28x30 is going to be close to $3k with my labor to install.

I just got a quote from a contractor to epoxy the floor for $1200. He said I should have no troubles out of the epoxy on new concrete. He also said he uses a urethane clear to lock in the color coat to prevent peeling.

I'm still on the fence as to which way to go.
https://www.youtube.com/c/MojaveKY
https://www.instagram.com/mojaveky/
https://twitter.com/MojaveKY
http://dinowax.refr.cc/bryanm 15% off DinoWax orders
Mojave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:14 PM   #82
bucketobolts

Drives: 2010 2SS
I had a local company that sells a floor covering tile come out to give me an estimate on my shop floor. Their brand of flooring was more like a rubber interlocking tile. I was not too impressed, but any how she was going to quote me some prices on cabinets also.

I had Emailed Racedeck last week and received some literature in the mail. Surprisingly I got a phone called Tuesday from a representative and today I received a full tile sample! This is a much superior product to the local installers.
bucketobolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:17 PM   #83
Pro Stock John
Writer

Drives: 2010 SS / 1967 Camaro
Quote:
Look at these: http://www.rubberflooringinc.com/gar...ond-plate.html Description - The diamond plate design is one of the best floor tile patterns available and our most popular pattern for use as a garage flooring. It not only has tough appearance for use in heavy duty commercial / industrial / work shop settings, it also provides for a non slip surface in case the flooring is spilled on and/or gets wet by water, oil, or other liquids. Cutting of these tiles to custom fit them to your room can be easily done with a fresh utility knife and straight edge like a yard stick or ruler. Material – Constructed entirely of a proprietary and durable blend of flexible PVC. This blend ensures that the tiles are flexible and have the anti fatigue qualities similar to rubber flooring but also the durability, long life, and chemical resistance associated with polyvinyl chloride.
Bump... Interesting stuff.

I'm thinking of spiffing up my tight 3 car garage.

12.37@112 1.85 | + Kooks Headers/Cats + 20" 555R + CAI + BW TB + UDP + Tune
12.06@113 1.70 | + CD 3200 + 18" NT05R + RCR Intake + NE OTR + GPI Tune
11.84@115 1.59 | + 3.91s + Race Star 17x7 Fronts
10.90@125 1.47 | + GPI VVT Cam + BW Ported Heads + CD 3800
Pro Stock John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:03 AM   #84
Bluffen

Drives: 2013 Sea Ray 220 Sundeck
I got a sample in the mail from raceDeck..I was not very happy with it as its "Plastic" and appears to be slippery. I am more of a fan of the rubber tile and I am looking for a dealer. I saw one at an auto show but lost their card. I must say though it was cool of racedeck to send me a sample in the mail but they did not include a price for my 20x20 garage.