Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 12-13-2012, 05:49 PM   #29
jimmy5

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #450
You know, had you just not posted about it, and not kept making promises and not keeping them, I probably would have gotten one of your CAI's. But since this has been an entire debacle, and what, 6 months with nothing on the market, I will make it a point to buy either the Roto-fab, or k&n intake. I don't enjoy being strung along and lead on, and I will make my displeasure evident by not doing business with your company, and I do sincerely hope a lot of other people feel the same way. You have handled this terribly.
jimmy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:17 PM   #30
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy5 View Post
You know, had you just not posted about it, and not kept making promises and not keeping them, I probably would have gotten one of your CAI's. But since this has been an entire debacle, and what, 6 months with nothing on the market, I will make it a point to buy either the Roto-fab, or k&n intake. I don't enjoy being strung along and lead on, and I will make my displeasure evident by not doing business with your company, and I do sincerely hope a lot of other people feel the same way. You have handled this terribly.
While I don't feel as strongly as you about it, you will see that I posted in this thread over 9 MONTHS ago and I am still waiting! I was SOOOOO close to pulling the trigger on the Roto-Fab intake, but I am holding out hope that CAI is going to come out with a great product for our ZL1 that does not require a tune. I would also hope that they do something to take care of us LOYAL customers once they do get their product tested and released!

My fingers are still crossed that we will have some news soon. C'mon guys, don't let me down!
Old 12-13-2012, 06:30 PM   #31
Hercules

Drives: 13 ZL1 1091, 04 Ram 2500, 12 CX9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deke736 View Post
While I don't feel as strongly as you about it, you will see that I posted in this thread over 9 MONTHS ago and I am still waiting! I was SOOOOO close to pulling the trigger on the Roto-Fab intake, but I am holding out hope that CAI is going to come out with a great product for our ZL1 that does not require a tune. I would also hope that they do something to take care of us LOYAL customers once they do get their product tested and released!

My fingers are still crossed that we will have some news soon. C'mon guys, don't let me down!

+1 No tune is going to be the key for me. Patience is something I'm not good at. I'm Usually a very impulsive buyer, but have been able to be patient for this. So please don't let us down.
Hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:45 PM   #32
charlietuna

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Old 12-13-2012, 07:49 PM   #33
Al C.

Drives: ZL1 #529 "El-Jefe"
They have been dragging their feet.. That's y I went with Rotofab. No offense to CAI but I don't think it takes that long to design/produce an intake especially when that is your line of business..
Al C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:19 PM   #34
13GreyVert

Drives: Grey Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deke736 View Post

Why? Roto-fab is a perfectly good option with great reviews and respectable gains. What do you really expect CAI to come up with 9 months later? Just curious what the rationale for waiting this long to pull the trigger on an intake and waiting for one that may or may not ever show up.
13GreyVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:37 PM   #35
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2019 ZL1 on Order
I got bored of waiting and ordered the Roto-fab.

Had the CAI on my SS and it was great, but for one reason or another they have decided the ZL1 does not have a big enough market to make development (or at least fast development) a priority.

This is where Roto-fab is winning many new customers, because they have commited to ZL1 specific development and already have many products out
Modern07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:42 PM   #36
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13GreyVert View Post
Why? Roto-fab is a perfectly good option with great reviews and respectable gains. What do you really expect CAI to come up with 9 months later? Just curious what the rationale for waiting this long to pull the trigger on an intake and waiting for one that may or may not ever show up.
Honestly, if the CAI intake puts out anywhere near the performance of the Roto-fab it is worth the wait for me. To me, looks are as important as function and I think the CAI intake looks a whole lot better. Also, don't forget that CAI is the best performing intake as tested by JRE for the SS, and I have no reason to think that the ZL1 intake won't produce similar results. If that turns out to be the case, I win on both counts- form and function. In reality my ZL1 is going to be sitting in the garage most of the winter, so I have no reason to be in a hurry at this point. If we are still sitting here in the spring with no CAI intake, I might feel differently, but for now I'm sticking it out.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:05 AM   #37
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Everyone has the right to purchase what they want, and I understand that the wait has been longer than originally anticipated. Unfortuantely unexpected delays, design changes, suppliers, testing, and other manufacturing and development tasks that must be completed for this company to operate slowed things down more than we would have liked for our ZL1 development. We understand that other companied have a CAI for this product, and we are not in a race with them, we are much more interested and concerned in the quality and performance of our own product and making sure we feel it is perfect before it is released.

Many of the other CAI manufacturers do not get involved on forums like these and post updates when they are in development, all you hear is when the product is available. Since many of you feel that we are "stringing you along" or "dragging our feet", in the future we will just be more cautious regarding allowing you the consumer to be in the loop on what we are doing. That way you know when the product is available for purchase, and do not feel "strung along" if we are taking longer than you feel we should be. For the ones who want to stay informed on development you can follow us on Favebook and we will keep you informed.

For those of you still interested, the CAI is at the 3rd party tester waiting to be tested. We spoke with them 2 days ago and they are getting to our CAI as quick as possible but are very busy. As soon as we have more info we will update those of you who wish to be updated.

Thanks!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:30 AM   #38
Drew P

Drives: Camaro ZL1
I'll keep waiting regardless, but why not send a prototype to a shop who could get to testing immediately?
Drew P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:37 AM   #39
Sales @ CAI Inc

We don't let just anyone test our products, we want to know that it is being tested properly and also that it is a company with a solid reputation that people can trust. Like I mentioned before, this is not about meeting a time limit to us, it is about a quality product and accurate testing.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:33 AM   #40
jimmy5

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #450
Your competitors also have the same desires, quality and performance. They just actually have something on the market. It was what, more than 2 weeks ago that we would also have some numbers and results in 2-3 days. Like the guy said, making these is your business, you aren't taking this long because you are fine tuning every portion of the product, you're taking this long because you know the market isnt going to be that big for it, and your competitors have beat you to market and are taking more business away, and a good deal of incompetence on your end on this product. This is my last reply about this, I'm ordering a ROTO-FAB today.
jimmy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:02 PM   #41
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy5 View Post
Your competitors also have the same desires, quality and performance. They just actually have something on the market. It was what, more than 2 weeks ago that we would also have some numbers and results in 2-3 days. Like the guy said, making these is your business, you aren't taking this long because you are fine tuning every portion of the product, you're taking this long because you know the market isnt going to be that big for it, and your competitors have beat you to market and are taking more business away, and a good deal of incompetence on your end on this product. This is my last reply about this, I'm ordering a ROTO-FAB today.
Like I said, we'll take your advice and next time won't say anything until the product is ready since it obviously only hurts us if we decide to change how we want to do things and add time to the project. Thanks.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:36 PM   #42
Al C.

Drives: ZL1 #529 "El-Jefe"
Look, the point is its taken a VERY long time. You keeping us informed gave us/some a reason to wait.. Some still will wait others will not.. I don't know what is involved in producing a new product but I do know how to spend money.. I've never purchased a
CAI inc product so I have no idea how your product compares with your competitors or any due loyalty, I was a "new" customer.. This is not a diss to you or your company as I'm sure by the positive comments on this site you will develop a great product. Good luck
Al C. is offline   Reply With Quote