Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-07-2011, 12:41 AM   #43
TGG1SS

Drives: 2012 AGM Camaro 1SS M6 LS3
Mine does also, is there when I accelerate onto the FWY.
TGG1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:55 AM   #44
armoredslayer

Drives: 2016 Black Camaro 2SS
Couple weeks ago I posted similar issue with aftermarket wheels. I had American racing wheels Daytona's put on, noticed a vibration at noted speeds, brought it back they couldn't find anything wrong, had car tested with the high speed balancer, test showed wheels bad, had four new wheels and tires put on, same issue, ended up getting money back and stock wheels put on and issue is there but no where's as bad as with aftermarket wheels, very slight. Talked with a few other shops and after thoughts are it could be the wheels and type of offsets being used. Will have everything rebalanced later date if gets worse or bring into dealership and file complaint with GM.
armoredslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:18 AM   #45
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"

Drives: B E RS GBA #72541 3564 CC 220 CI
with a brand new car (i dont mean as in year i mean as in body chases everthing it is a NEW car in ever way possible) there is kinks to be worked out i think this is one of them maybe be a desine flaw but if everone has the same problum no matter SS or LT or LS its a flaw with the car that needs to be pin pointed ASAP

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession
90% canadian 10% mexican 100% american muscle :flag2:
Nightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:56 AM   #46
chbailey
cb03

Drives: 2011 Camaro
I have this problem as well, usually starts around 45mph and stops around 55 mph. Funny thing is that in ONLY does it when I first leave in the mornings. during the day or at the end of the day going home from work it does not do that, just once per day.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:59 AM   #47
AUS10BMX

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by chbailey View Post
I have this problem as well, usually starts around 45mph and stops around 55 mph. Funny thing is that in ONLY does it when I first leave in the mornings. during the day or at the end of the day going home from work it does not do that, just once per day.
That's exactly how mine is! It's like after it gets through that initial warm up for the day it goes away. But if it sits a long long time that day and I drive it again it starts over.

At first I wondered if one of the tires had a flat spot.
AUS10BMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:26 AM   #48
Nessal

Drives: Exige, Miata, Ghia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post
with a brand new car (i dont mean as in year i mean as in body chases everthing it is a NEW car in ever way possible) there is kinks to be worked out i think this is one of them maybe be a desine flaw but if everone has the same problum no matter SS or LT or LS its a flaw with the car that needs to be pin pointed ASAP

I feel you. My car only has 120 miles on it now.

I figured it was the new tires and I was going to give it a few thousand miles for it to wear in.
Nessal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:19 PM   #49
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckin-on View Post
I have this exact problem on my new 2011 2SS 'vert. Doesn't really feel like wheels/tires to me - more like a drive-train vibration perhaps from the drive-shaft or half-shafts. Tire balance issues usually would show up at lower speeds also, but my car is smooth up through 70. The vibration at 78 is bad enough that the image in the rear view mirror is blurry. Annoying for sure for a $43k car! My 2000 Z28 'vert was smooth as silk the whole way up to the limit.

Anyone have any luck getting this addressed? Any updates from GM on it?
I'm very sorry to see all of you who are having issues with these vibration issues. I have escalated this to my technical department once before and the answer I got back was that for the V6 vehicles it could be the tires or the wheels (or a combination of both) or aftermarket accessories (and other things of that nature). For the V8's it could be the AFM and those problem parts for the V6 as well. This is not a definitive list of possibilities. I would suggest getting your balance and alignments checked to make sure there isn't something wrong with the way the vehicle is setup. Then I would move on to some of the other things on the list that may be suspect as well. Once again I'm sorry to see so many of you having trouble with this and I have checked multiple times and have been unable to find any kind of documentation that would suggest there is an issue with the vehicle outside of what I've given you here.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:28 PM   #50
domano 68

Drives: 2014 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
I'm very sorry to see all of you who are having issues with these vibration issues. I have escalated this to my technical department once before and the answer I got back was that for the V6 vehicles it could be the tires or the wheels (or a combination of both) or aftermarket accessories (and other things of that nature). For the V8's it could be the AFM and those problem parts for the V6 as well. This is not a definitive list of possibilities. I would suggest getting your balance and alignments checked to make sure there isn't something wrong with the way the vehicle is setup. Then I would move on to some of the other things on the list that may be suspect as well. Once again I'm sorry to see so many of you having trouble with this and I have checked multiple times and have been unable to find any kind of documentation that would suggest there is an issue with the vehicle outside of what I've given you here.

Thanks for your input Jeff. Can you define AFM please?
Old 07-08-2011, 03:56 PM   #51
Chevrolet Customer Svc

AFM is the Active Fuel Management system on the vehicle. Sometimes when it makes it's change over from the full 8 cylinders to the 4 cylinders it can cause a vibration in the vehicle which is what some SS owners may be experienceing. I hope that answers your question domano 68.

Old 07-08-2011, 10:26 PM   #52
truckin-on

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS 'vert IOM/IO
Quote:

Thanks for the reply Jeff,

I will take it in and have the balance checked. My vehicle is completely "as delivered" stock, 2SS manual, so no AFM. The vibration is relatively high-frequency, and feels more like drive-train than wheels/tires to me, but will have it checked out. The 4th gen cars had a bit of an issue with some slightly out of balance drive shafts that caused a very similar behavior, so I'm wondering if it could be related to that. It seems to change slightly when you push in the clutch and coast.
truckin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:19 AM   #53
Chevrolet Customer Svc

I'll have to check with my technical department to see if there is anything that we might be working on that would be related to this. I will pose this question to them and we'll see what I get back.

Old 07-12-2011, 12:02 PM   #54
Chrisrp454

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS M6, 98Z28 M6
I had this issue on my 98 Z28 when it was new, it was warped rotors. Went thru 3 sets of oem's on the front under warranty. After replacing them with after market from NAPA never had the issue again.

Ordered 5/23/2009
3400 with TPW of 08/03/09
3800 8/11/2009
Arrived 8/21/2009 2SS/RS/Aqua Blue/Grey Interior
Chrisrp454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:47 PM   #55
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"

Drives: B E RS GBA #72541 3564 CC 220 CI
Quote:

thank you jeff but i notice its more a transmission issue cause when i drive in manual mode it happens when the car bogs or gets down in low RPM worse in automatic

like i mentioned before its like the car is hestent to shift like its trying to save fuel or something if i am in manual no problum i can just tap boom lower gear im learning the shift points

is this normal?

*edit* again around the 40 to 45 mph mark it seems like its up one gear too high for the speed its at though i could be wrong i know this car (like most cars) is built to shift quickly to get up gears fast as possible to save you gas thats why i like manual better i can upshift slower but anyhoo lol typeing too much here

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession
90% canadian 10% mexican 100% american muscle :flag2:
Nightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:14 PM   #56
Caution

Drives: 2SS/RS 6M
Center driveline carrier bearing

I had a vibration that started at about 110 mph shortly after I bought my 2SS 6M new.
After the miles started clicking on, the vibration would come in at speeds as low as 81 mph.
I had become so used to it that I could tell what speed I was going by the oscillation I was feeling in the chassis. I displayed this "talent" to the dealership service manager after they didn't feel anything the first time.
Anyway, long story short, it was the center driveline carrier bearing, it was shot, they replaced the entire driveline which I was told includes the bearing and no more vibration.

Just my .02

Wayne
2SS/RS 6M MGW short throw shifter, ADM race cold air intake, Kooks 1 7/8 Headers, Kooks 3 inch exhaust, Pedders rear subframe bushing inserts, Pedders radius arm bushing inserts, Stillen drilled and slotted rotors, "Mike the Powdercoater" yellow powdercoated Brembos, ADV.1 Wheels and Dunlop run flat tires, and VMAX ported throttle body
Caution is offline   Reply With Quote