Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 08:22 PM   #15
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
Slap them with a lawsuit. If you have a legal document state how things are supposed to go, then that is how they are supposed to go down. They are slingiin' BS, and you need to call them on it!
Old 05-06-2009, 08:23 PM   #16
RichieV

Drives: Camaro
I say have patience, once they fill their backorders you be able to buy a maro at less then MSRP .... JMO
Old 05-06-2009, 08:23 PM   #17
OldTimer

Drives: 2012 Victory Red ZL1 MG9
Already done

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro5 View Post
Speak to the General Manager.

If HE refuses to honor the agreement, tell him you will call the State Attorney General's Office, and all the local news media.

Don't even worry about it, unless the General Manager does not do the right thing.
I was told by the manager that the GM would not tell me any different. I left a voice mail for Mac Haik so we will see if he returns my call. If not, pretty easy to just go see him. He is in my building!

I also doubt it will be there by the time i get this resolved. Some idiot will probably pay it. They already had a sold tag on a yellow 2SS/RS.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:25 PM   #18
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroguy View Post
Why are you blaming GM for this?
Could it be.... because their representatives come to these forums and blame the state franchise laws for GM's failure to address these issues?
Old 05-06-2009, 08:27 PM   #19
Never2LowChevy
Banned

Drives: bagged 4 door dually on 22s
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimer View Post
The food chain does not start at the bottom!!
+1 But I dont blame you one bit for not wanting to buy GM because of this. I personally know 4 people that have bought other cars(1 challenger, 3 mustangs) because of stupid BS that goes on with GM. This whole pre-order thing is a mess. GM builds some great vehicles but if they dont get thier heads out of thier they will continue on a downward spiral.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:28 PM   #20
theshadow1234

Drives: Shelby GT500
Its hard to believe that you waited all this time and this happens. MakHaik is one of the most respected dealers in houston and this is just unusual that they can treat one of thier customers like this. Expose them to the media and tell them exactly what they did to you. I have a feeling that you want be the only one they screw over for those who pre-ordered.

Good Luck!

09 Shelby GT500
(Stock)
Old 05-06-2009, 08:29 PM   #21
OrangeCruSSh

Drives: 2010 Camaro/2500HD Silverado
This is so disturbing on many levels. I honestly hope someone intervenes on your behalf and makes this wrong right! That is BS. WTF is a written agreement for anyway if the party doesn't abide by the agreement. BS I tell you...BS. I would take it to the State Attorney General's office and the Better Business Bureau. If they pull this type of stunt in the open what other deceitful things are they doing behind closed doors. I wouldn't trust that dealer to put air in my tires! Good luck man. Sorry for the let down too.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:30 PM   #22
JSOC_MQ1

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro5 View Post
Speak to the General Manager.

If HE refuses to honor the agreement, tell him you will call the State Attorney General's Office, and all the local news media.

Don't even worry about it, unless the General Manager does not do the right thing.
Camaro5 is correct!

1. Go to the top of the dealership and show them a COPY of the agreement. Never give them the original, they could rip it up right in front of you (but have the original in your back pocket).

2. If the GM or owner will not honer it tell them exactly what Camaro5 said. Don't threaten them, just state the fact and give them a chance to respond. If they don't just turn around and walk away. Of course follow through with it then. I know people that work in other state attorney general's office's and they would love to hear about something like this along with the media. Just keep in mind, when going to the media ... it is the dealership causing the problem not the larger "GM".

I would be willing to bet you get your car after talking to the owner of the dealership.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:33 PM   #23
OldTimer

Drives: 2012 Victory Red ZL1 MG9
How about this. Why doesn't GM take notice of this BS and immediately stop all deliveries of Camaro's to dealers that are pulling this crap. Locate dealers in the area that agree to sell at MSRP and deliver the cars to them. Follow up with the customers and make sure its happening that way. GM knows who we are, we received letters from Ed Pepper! Then start unloading the slowest moving, poorest selling models on the dealers that are creating all the bad press for GM and see how long the keep this sh*% up......... This cannot be too difficult. I always get a call from someone, GM or Chevy or someone after I buy a car asking me how it all went and am I happy with my car. There is a way to stop this if they really wanted too.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:35 PM   #24
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimer View Post
How about this. Why doesn't GM take notice of this BS and immediately stop all deliveries of Camaro's to dealers that are pulling this crap. Locate dealers in the area that agree to sell at MSRP and deliver the cars to them. Follow up with the customers and make sure its happening that way. GM knows who we are, we received letters from Ed Pepper! Then start unloading the slowest moving, poorest selling models on the dealers that are creating all the bad press for GM and see how long the keep this sh*% up......... This cannot be too difficult. I always get a call from someone, GM or Chevy or someone after I buy a car asking me how it all went and am I happy with my car. There is a way to stop this if they really wanted too.
According to GM, if they do anything that punishes a dealer it's against some law that's different in every state and impossible to contest.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:36 PM   #25
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
If you have a binding agreement and then walk away and do nothing, you have no one to blame other than yourself. If you are right, let the courts decide it. Airing it out here is cool but will accomplish nothing. Tell your story to a local news agency and call an attorney.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:36 PM   #26
duder4thgen

Drives: Bird
Mac Haik Chevrolet-

11711 Katy Freeway
Houston, TX, 77079

Contact page- http://www.machaikchevy.com/ContactU...01198874222109

Sales- (281) 509-9085

I'm gonna call tomorrow morning and let them know to honor the contract, or I'll smear their name all across central Texas. I'm sure enough phone calls and they'll give this guy his deal.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:36 PM   #27
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
I might have to visit there tomorrow just to see a CGM Camaro in person... Guess it would have been too much to ask for pics. I'll act like a buyer and see what kind of crappy deal they offer me. What a nightmare oldTimer... but I would definitely take my agressions out on the Dealer not GM.

Who knows GM may back you on this one... You haven't given them a chance yet.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:39 PM   #28
bolteon593

Drives: 2011 GT500
just sue them. end of story.

Closed Thread