Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-22-2010, 03:15 PM   #1
D1BADZ
hmmmmm

Drives: 2010 IOM in-n-out 2SS
1 year and 11,000 miles later.. Stilll A blast! here's my story

So 1 year ago I took delivery of my 2ss IOM in and out Camaro #2894, and felt like sharing my thoughts from a guy who has had 3 camaros before this one, and truly has a passion for camaros. Here is my story, albeit a little long, but please enjoy.

Like alot of us on here I was glued to my computer on January 9, 2006 when the Silver Concept was first unveiled to the world at the Detroit auto show. I remember that day like it was yesterday. I was praying my internet would keep the stream of the feed solid and it did. I recall 1st gen Camaros rolling out, then a live marching band putting down some heavenly tunes and there it came. The Silver Concept that would forever haunt my memory banks. It was a dream come true. It was at the point I knew I would have to have this car and knew that it would be built. It was such a drastic change from the 4th gen and paid such huge respect to the 1st gen that I instanly knew consumer would want it.

On August 10, 2006, Rick Wagoner announced that GM would build the all-new version of the Chevrolet Camaro based on this concept and at that point I knew it was fate, as August 10th is my Birthday it was a sign. I started saving my pennies and even went as far as telling my then girlfriend ( now wife) that I was buying it no matter what.

During these times I was mainly on camaroz28 and lurking here. On October 13 2008 the first day to pre-order the car I went to my dealer that morning and chose my combo and options as wanted. Luckily I went the week before and shook on MSRP and confirmed monday workbench would accept the order.

Between that day which was around the time I joined and 4/24/2009 the day I took delivery, and of course still to this day, this site provided me with a wealth of information!!!! remember the not the real headlights, shunt, ABL on the dash, all the good stuff! So thank you to everyone who posts helpful information and lets keep it going.

This was also during the beta testing of UFCWOOTs spastic squirrel site, a few excel sheets and a couple other great guys as deliveries where barely starting to happen at this time and cars where being shipped. Luckily I was also able to track my car along every stop of the rail.

Fast forward to 4/23/2009 I track my car landing in Milpitas and go visit the rail yard and see it on the Hauler ready to be delivered. Friday 4/24/2009 I call my dealer and he says it is being prepped. I also have an A's game which was a fireworks game.

On my way home from work I get the call its ready, stripes not installed yet as they where an RPO i believe ( dealer installed) but i said I would bring it back monday for that. I drove up, still no car, signed paperwork, still no car. Then My dealer Troy Francis @ Courtesy Chevrolet in san jose, ca. says its here. Takes me out the side for inspection and i see the IOM thru the door. Still could not believe it was mine. NO B/S i shed a tear as I walked out the door. All of the salesmen where crowded around and taking pics as this was the 1st one many have seen in person, along with me. the closest i Got to seeing the inside of the car was the transformers car tour that I almost got kicked out of the show for.

here my incriminatings pics. I dont exactly know if this car was used for filming but I sat in both seats and they where comfy. LOL
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Back to the story, I go over every inch of the car hop in and start it up. Wow! Love it, adjusted my seat and fit me perfect. It is in the shade so I wanted to see it in the sun so drive around the corner and bam! that IOM surely sparkled. It was wierd to see the dealers and employees taking cell phone pics but it was there 1st one and only for that weeks alotment so it explained it. So I take off Drive it home throw my cooler in the trunk (sigpic) and head to the A's game.

What better way to celebrate than Fireworks on the its delivery date!
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Ive read about 3000 threads about celebrity status while driving around of people taking pics and stopping you and all that stuff. and can attest it all TRUE. Well At least for the first 6 months since releasing them as not many where on the street or even dealer lots at that, or maybe cuz i put 5%tint all the way around shortly after and just got used to it.

I have met alot of good people, and inspired some to buy this car I know for sure( gabraddock) a couple weeks after I got mine. I even took ELMANNY and MINDZ on a couple test drives lol. I forgot some of you other guys user names, but yeah.

1 year later CALI has our huge 150+ meet at stillen and on my delivery anniversary date!! Now I couldnt have organized this myself any better! Im also on my way to Disneyland and California adventures with the Misses to be there all day Friday. Looking forward to those pics to complete the story.

3 oil changes, 1 diff and tranny oil change, and a few adjustments and warranty work visits later. Car still drives like a dream. (-1 open case wont get into it though )

So to Sum things up for past present and future camaro owners, All of my expectations have not only been met, but surpassed. So keep the shiny side up and Lets all enjoy a great spring and Summer while most of us can drive these machines.

And to the cali kids see you Saturday!

some b4 and after pics.

Thanks for reading - Daniel
NAked day #1

After.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Today having fun on my rooftop at work
[IMG][/IMG]

D1BADZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 03:17 PM   #2
brtaus

Drives: None
Great story but only 11,000 miles after one years.... damn! I have had my car about 6 months and just hit 13,500.
brtaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 03:23 PM   #3
sasquash1984
502 RWHP N/A

Drives: The yeti
I've had my #6346 for 1 year coming may 21, im just about to roll over 12,000 miles, but i know how u feel watching everything come together with the production of this great car
factory motor factory trans, Gpi ss4 cam stock heads ported and milled, full exhaust, circle d 5c 4000 triple disk, 3:91 rear end with posi mod, cai, bmr derlin rear diff bushins, bmr derlin cradle bushins, bmr trailing arms, toe rods with bushings, and bmr anti extreme sway bar. Weld rt-s 17x5 fronts and 17X10 rears on mickey thompson et street r's
sasquash1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 03:25 PM   #4
2ss-booya

Drives: 2015 SS Sedan M6
damn took you that long? lol...i have 10600 and i picked it up in january
2ss-booya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 03:25 PM   #5
vm1971

Drives: 2017 SS
i ab
so
F'in
lutely

LOVED that story.

WOW!
happy anniversary and here's to MAAAAANY, many many MORE of them. for you, for us all.

AMAZING
Old 04-22-2010, 03:30 PM   #6
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Cool story

Kinda bummed that I don't have a lower VIN. But oh well, I'm not complaining with 40196.
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 03:33 PM   #7
~Stacy~
Banned

Drives: Car
Congrats

Congrats! I hope it's still treating you good!

I will be celebrating 3,000 miles shortly and my 3 month anniversary is this Sunday the 25th
~Stacy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 03:48 PM   #8
D1BADZ
hmmmmm

Drives: 2010 IOM in-n-out 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by brtaus View Post
Great story but only 11,000 miles after one years.... damn! I have had my car about 6 months and just hit 13,500.
haha Damn!!! I though 11k was kinda alot for a year?
Or I guess its average now-a-days? I have a short commute to work which is prob why. I also have a harley that I use quite a bit in the spring and summer to go to work.

Its pretty cool to look at the the Onstar Account and see how mileage is averaged on a monthly basis. you can really see driving habits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasquash1984 View Post
I've had my #6346 for 1 year coming may 21, im just about to roll over 12,000 miles, but i know how u feel watching everything come together with the production of this great car
Yeah we got lucky with the whole first year production thing it was a blast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ss-booya View Post
damn took you that long? lol...i have 10600 and i picked it up in january
haha I fail at driving alot haha, 3 trips to LA and about 3 to sac and reno.
and still laggin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vm1971 View Post
i ab
so
F'in
lutely

LOVED that story.

WOW!
happy anniversary and here's to MAAAAANY, many many MORE of them. for you, for us all.

AMAZING

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertodd View Post
Cool story

Kinda bummed that I don't have a lower VIN. But oh well, I'm not complaining with 40196.
Low Vin high Vin. we own some awesome cars!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Stacy~ View Post
Congrats! I hope it's still treating you good!

I will be celebrating 3,000 miles shortly and my 3 month anniversary is this Sunday the 25th

Sweet! thats about the time i got my first oil change
Enjoy!!

D1BADZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 03:56 PM   #9
camarowa

Drives: 2013 SVT Raptor, sold 2010 Camaro
awesome story!
- Blacked-Out Bowties & RS Emblems, Front bowtie delete
- Full Dynamat Extreme Trunk Coverage
- Tinted side markers
- Interior DSV Customs Leather Upgrades
- Airaid CAI V2
- Forgestar F14 Gunmetal 20x9, 20x11
- Doug Thorley Shorties
camarowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 04:01 PM   #10
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Great story! My youngest daughter's birthday is 8/10 AND the TPW on my baby is 8/10/09 - it's stamped over many of the car parts!

Congrats!!
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 04:04 PM   #11
wylde1
I am the Stig

Drives: Black w/ IOM stripe 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by D1BADZ View Post

On October 13 2008 the first day to pre-order the car....

I know what you mean by "meant to be" becuase that is MY birthday haha

sadly couldn't afford one that early on, but I can now! I picked mine up march 26th... just about to turn the 3000 km mark (~1875 mi)

I almost hit milestone production too! me and vin 100k were made on the same day... i'm 100086
Old 04-23-2010, 11:41 AM   #12
MI2010Camaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Great post! I love to read stories like this. The Camaro is a passionate car that creates great memories for me like 1. Delivery day 2. First time driving on Woodward Avenue last year 3. First time in the snow (yes it's my dd) 4. The first detail and wax of the Spring, and on and on and on. This car never ceases to amaze me how after one totally crappy day at work, a short blast on the open road makes everything right with the world. We are blessed to re-live the muscle car era once more!
#143575 Delivered 9/14/09
MI2010Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote