Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-01-2010, 06:12 AM   #57
AngryAmish

Drives: Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
Did you ever think that MAYBE you shouldnt be scrolling through your play list while driving??? The steering wheel controls will do volume, which is all you should be doing while driving. Leave the song selecting to the passengers!

I actually love the iPod interface how you can see the song titles and search artist/album/song... GOod job there! Talking to Number 3, we are going to see a lot more cars with this in the future.
Ever hear of a red light, or do you jump through those too like you do conclusions? Its tedious to lean over and use the wheel on the radio.
Proud Owner of #168
AngryAmish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 06:18 AM   #58
HDDAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 2007 HD FLSTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by FANTA-Z View Post
I really love my car and will take care of it like a baby But in the near future I have a bad feeling that the glove box lid will break like the older 4th Gens

Thanks GM for bringing our beloved Camaro back!!!! I kept the faith as Scott S. kept stating and now there is one in my stable
My 02's glove box lid broke like you said. I figured out what caused it to break, it was me leaning on it when I was adjusting my position in the seat. I would put my right forearm on it and raise myself up. This was a poor design. Knowing this, I am much more careful when entering and exiting my '10 SS.
HDDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 06:23 AM   #59
HDDAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 2007 HD FLSTC
Having read most of this thread and the responses, I have to agree that having the fuel fill on the passenger side is ok as the doors do not hit obstacles.

I liked it better on the left because I will be much more careful opening my door at the gas station than a passenger would be. I don't need my wife flinging the door open to go into the gas station mini mart to get a bag of potato chips and dinging my door. That being said, no car is perfect and I love my '10 1SS.
HDDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 06:36 AM   #60
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
The only thing that I would change is the ABL going all the way across the dash, put SS on the steering wheel instead of Camaro and have the grill SS like the prototype. Lastly I wish the aftermarket parts from GM were available, like the dovetail spoiler, heritage grille, headers etc......
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 06:46 AM   #61
YenkoSC

Drives: 1967 Camaro RS/SS, 1969 Camaro
The fuel filler is best on the drivers side.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:44 AM   #62
BobP

Drives: 05 Infiniti G35 Coupe
Can't figure out how to open a new thread...

so I will start here. I test drove a 2SS automatic Sunday. I thought it was a piece of sh*t. The thing stunk, smelled like burning racoon. The dealer said it was just because it was so new... burning off production oil and such. OK, fine, except I worked for 30 years making cars from GM and new smelled THAT. The other thing that bothered me was the little piece of trim on the left side of the dash, it's a continuation of the door trim onto the dash, was loose on every car that I sat in. Also, I noticed on one car that the driver's door window glass hadn't indexed back to the fully up position. Dealer said that someone turned the car off before the window had time to finish moving up. Fine, execpt the window indexes whether the car is on or not. So, the car I did finally drive was a 2SS automatic. Took off ok, but the display in-between the gauges was telling me to open then close the driver's window. I did this numerous times, but the message wouldn't go away. Fine, but when I returned from my test drive, the door was hard to close....the window wouldn't index down!! Now I liked the power and ride of the car, but $39K is a lot of money and I can't help but see some future (near future) problems that shouldn't be there on a car this expensive. What do you guys think? Have you had any problems with the driver's door window, loose trim pieces, a driver's door that sounds like a 70s Camaro door (rattling) when closing?????
BobP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:10 AM   #63
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryAmish View Post
Ever hear of a red light, or do you jump through those too like you do conclusions? Its tedious to lean over and use the wheel on the radio.
Yeah, I heard of them, I usually pay attention to what's going on and make sure some jerk off screwing with his radio doesnt hit me.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:12 AM   #64
2Muchmark

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Send a message via ICQ to 2Muchmark Send a message via MSN to 2Muchmark Send a message via Skype™ to 2Muchmark
Very minor piss-offs about my car:

- The floor mats are on the cheap side. Will buy some nice ones this spring.
- Metal gas cap would have been a nice touch.
- No wrap-around ambient lighting like the dealer promised
- Skip-shift is a pain in the ass.
- The gear ratios, especially 1st and 2nd, could be a little less agressive.
- Controls on Steering wheel is backwards to me.

That is all.
2Muchmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:42 AM   #65
DESMO

Drives: 2010Camaro 2SS,Ducati Hypermotard
Dislikes? After 6 weeks of ownership:

1. Factory shifter, not my favorite - I will install the Hurst conversion.

2. The thing no one else has said so it must be me. I don't like the emergency brake on the passenger side of the tunnel. I'm sure there are many very sound engineering/ergonomic reasons for it, but it seems awkward, just don't like it.
DESMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:03 AM   #66
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobP View Post
so I will start here. I test drove a 2SS automatic Sunday. I thought it was a piece of sh*t. The thing stunk, smelled like burning racoon. The dealer said it was just because it was so new... burning off production oil and such. OK, fine, except I worked for 30 years making cars from GM and new smelled THAT. The other thing that bothered me was the little piece of trim on the left side of the dash, it's a continuation of the door trim onto the dash, was loose on every car that I sat in. Also, I noticed on one car that the driver's door window glass hadn't indexed back to the fully up position. Dealer said that someone turned the car off before the window had time to finish moving up. Fine, execpt the window indexes whether the car is on or not. So, the car I did finally drive was a 2SS automatic. Took off ok, but the display in-between the gauges was telling me to open then close the driver's window. I did this numerous times, but the message wouldn't go away. Fine, but when I returned from my test drive, the door was hard to close....the window wouldn't index down!! Now I liked the power and ride of the car, but $39K is a lot of money and I can't help but see some future (near future) problems that shouldn't be there on a car this expensive. What do you guys think? Have you had any problems with the driver's door window, loose trim pieces, a driver's door that sounds like a 70s Camaro door (rattling) when closing?????
First, you go to the bottom of the list of threads and hit the start new thread button in whatever category you want to talk about things.

Second, You don't own a 2010 Camaro so I wouldn't put that as the car you drive. Just saying.
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:26 AM   #67
68vert

Drives: 2010 SIM SS/RS, 1968 RS convertible
So you figure out you need to put gas into your car, navigate to the nearest station of your choice, pull into the station, put your car into park, and then think...o wait...wut sid iz my gaszz dor on?
Old 02-01-2010, 10:54 AM   #68
AngryAmish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobP View Post
The window indexing problem has allready been fixed through an update. Sounds like either:
A. the dealer is lazy and don't update the software when they should. or
B. They aren't supposed to until the car is bought.

You happen to notice a VIN on those cars? I thought that was only supposed to be a problem with early models.
Proud Owner of #168
Old 02-01-2010, 10:57 AM   #69
AngryAmish

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
Yeah, I heard of them, I usually pay attention to what's going on and make sure some jerk off screwing with his radio doesnt hit me.
Then you should spend a little more time paying attention online too.

ITS KIND OF HARD TO HIT SOMEONE WHILE I'M STOPPED AT A RED LIGHT.

I would have wrote that in crayon for you, but capslock will have to do.
Proud Owner of #168
Old 02-01-2010, 11:01 AM   #70
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryAmish View Post
Then you should spend a little more time paying attention online too.

ITS KIND OF HARD TO HIT SOMEONE WHILE I'M STOPPED AT A RED LIGHT.

I would have wrote that in crayon for you, but capslock will have to do.
Thanks for the lecture dad, appriciate it. You are .
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote