Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 03-02-2009, 07:51 AM   #197
NVMY68SS
Drives #296

Drives: 1968 Camaro SS - 350/5 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
Ya, I start the week off with good ones so enjoy them early. They get much worse as the week goes on...
Did you see our cars in those pics?
#296 Delivered 6-1-09 Dynoed 10-3-09 384.56HP 387.65TQ with the bolt-ons listed, no tune.....yet!
Roto-Fab CAI (Install pics here), Doug Thorley Shorties, Flowmaster American Thunder 409S Cat Back Vid
NVMY68SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:15 AM   #198
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I think the OP is wrong on these being Saleable cars or Dealer cars. First it has been stated many many times that Saleable cars will not be produced until March 16th.. Second most of the cars in his pictures are SS models not V6's like he states, just count them, maybe there were alot more V6's we can't see but the majority of the ones in his pictures are SS's. and we all know the dealers will only be geting V6 cars as their showroom cars..
Sorry But the evidence and what he says just don't add up...
Old 03-02-2009, 08:16 AM   #199
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangshar View Post
Hi Guys,

Sorry don't mean to crash in on your Forum but just wanted to post up here from the "other side" <LOL> and say the new Camaro is one very hot ride. Glad to see GM coming out with it and economics didn't stop this from coming out. Someone on my stang forum posted this thread the pics look really good! We like them too.

Ok carry on....: ) Shar has left the building.
Thanks for dropping by, we look forward to pulling up along side of the stang and chally too. It oughta be great times!
Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:17 AM   #200
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
The Jackson car has probably already been built. GM may be working that plant close to full speed by the 16th. I mean they have been making 20 a day for weeks now according to the plant folks here. How many of those do you really think are captured fleet cars? That is just way to many cars.

There may be a chance alot of us 3400 status guys could go to finished cars on or near the 16th. I know in my talking with GM the my car is do to be here by the end of the month, maybe very early April they said.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:14 AM   #201
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
The Jackson car has probably already been built. GM may be working that plant close to full speed by the 16th. I mean they have been making 20 a day for weeks now according to the plant folks here. How many of those do you really think are captured fleet cars? That is just way to many cars.

There may be a chance alot of us 3400 status guys could go to finished cars on or near the 16th. I know in my talking with GM the my car is do to be here by the end of the month, maybe very early April they said.
Still same question. How can it be 000001 (or is it) when all the IVERs and PREPROs have been driving around for months. They must have VIN's; therefore, IMO, there has to be something in the VIN # to differentiate them from the "regular production" ones. Or not?
Old 03-02-2009, 09:57 AM   #202
MerlinZero
Big Orange

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
AHHHHH yes, the IOM with black rally... THATS MINE WOOOHOOOO!!!! oh that looks so awesome
MerlinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:09 AM   #203
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post

Whats the earliest TPW we have seen so far? Last week? this week? next week? NOPE, the first I recall is the week of the 16th... Hmmm they start production that week don't they?
What does that tell you?

I really doubt they have already started building our cars yet. because nobody's event code has proceded to that point yet..
Old 03-02-2009, 11:56 AM   #204
bigralph

Drives: 2001 v6 Camaro
bigralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:23 PM   #205
orange_5thgen

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS BadAss 6 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sharp View Post
I could see the black wheels on a Police Package car......................!!!!

But I hope those aren't production cars -- no plastic covering the hoods and the birds-are-a-poopin!!

The Silver Ice Metallic they had at the Houston Auto show had the plain black wheels like you see in the photo, so I think that's they way they are going to look. Just my opinion from what I saw at the show.
orange_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:30 PM   #206
wjones14

Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Competition
I'm having a hard time telling the SS models and V6 models apart from the rear, when the SS badge is not visible. Is the exhaust or rear bumpers different?

I wish the SS were more distinguishable visually from the LS/LT models, since I'm spending quite a bit more, but I guess the true officianados will know when my big V8 comes rumbling down the street.
Previous: 2018 Summit White 2SS 1LE; 2015 MINI Cooper F56 6MT; 2015 BMW M235i 6MT; 2003 MINI 5MT; 2005 Mustang GT 5MT
wjones14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:34 PM   #207
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjones14 View Post
I'm having a hard time telling the SS models and V6 models apart from the rear, when the SS badge is not visible. Is the exhaust or rear bumpers different?

I wish the SS were more distinguishable visually from the LS/LT models, since I'm spending quite a bit more, but I guess the true officianados will know when my big V8 comes rumbling down the street.
emblems and the exhaust outlets are the only difference that I can tell...
Old 03-02-2009, 12:38 PM   #208
Blownhotrodder

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Those are most likely saleable cars, they have the window stickers and onstar stickers on them. Its not like they are gonna build every ordered car from the first to the last all in a row. They will build dealer stock cars along with ordered cars at the same time. They are starting slow and should be ramped up to full speed on the annonced start of production day. And I can assure you that there will be upset folks who ordered a car but then see cars sitting on the dealer lots and be pissed at how long its taking their ordered car to arrive.

Same thing happened with the Challenger guys.
Blownhotrodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:33 PM   #209
mitchell87

Drives: 2010 Silverado 6.2L
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
Still same question. How can it be 000001 (or is it) when all the IVERs and PREPROs have been driving around for months. They must have VIN's; therefore, IMO, there has to be something in the VIN # to differentiate them from the "regular production" ones. Or not?

There are different series of VIN numbers. I'm not sure exactely how it works, but there are more then one #1 VIN numbers, each are just a different series. For example: When Dave Ressler bought the ZR1 last year he thought it was the first one made, and yes it is the first of the series but it is not the first one made. Jay Leno has the first ZR1 made. I think the VIN on Ressler's ZR1 is 5900001 and Leno's is 5800001, or something like that(not exactely sure with those numbers)

I hope that make at least a little sense.
mitchell87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:50 PM   #210
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjones14 View Post

It's simple to tell the difference between the LS/LT and the SS. The SS is the one that is in front of you and the LS/LT is the one trying to keep up behind you.

Actually....The rear diffuser panels are different between the LS/LT and the SS models. On the SS, the bottom edge extends slightly lower (covers more of the mufflers), especially in the center, and the 4 "vertical fins" are wider. Unless the LT model has the RS package, you can easily distinguish it and the LS from the SS due to the lack of the rear spoiler.

I guess those that wanted the SS to look significantly different, you are kind of out of luck on the rear, but you certainly got the more agressive looking front end (love it or hate it). I suppose you could always buy a 'vette.
Attached Images

rolnslo is offline   Reply With Quote