Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-10-2014, 04:47 PM   #323
blackswan

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverlsinva View Post
There is this small annoyance i have and i hope its not a normal thing that everyone is experiencing. when im driving along about 45 to 50 mph it seems that the tranny shifts into 6th and it settles to a lil bit above the 1000rpm mark and when i lightly press the gas to maintain 45 mph or even 40 mph i get a pretty decent amount of vibration i dunno if the engine is lugging or somthing binding but if i am goin about 50 mph it doesnt do it cause im guessing higher rpm. It just seems the autos are a bit over agressive to find a lower gear for gas mileage purpose i dont wanna have to use manual mode just so i cant keep it at a certain speed. Any help and comments are welcome.
Yep, my 2012 2LT/RS does this, whole back of the car vibrates. I don't THINK it's infamous converter issue, it feels like a suspension shake of some kind.
blackswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:42 PM   #324
dale88jrdew
Brad

Drives: 2016 2LT/RS
I have only had my 2010 for about a month and 1/2 but have noticed this same problem - feeling the vibration when I give it some gas at low speeds. Didn't know if that's just how it was or if something was going on - this thread sounds just like what I'm experiencing but I see most of y'all are saying it's on the 2012?

Should I take it to the dealer to check out and reference this TSB or since mine is a 2010 not under warranty, will it not make a difference?
dale88jrdew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 10:38 AM   #325
blackswan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dale88jrdew View Post
I have only had my 2010 for about a month and 1/2 but have noticed this same problem - feeling the vibration when I give it some gas at low speeds. Didn't know if that's just how it was or if something was going on - this thread sounds just like what I'm experiencing but I see most of y'all are saying it's on the 2012?

Should I take it to the dealer to check out and reference this TSB or since mine is a 2010 not under warranty, will it not make a difference?
What TSB?
Old 05-23-2014, 10:42 AM   #326
blackswan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicki9898 View Post
I have a 2012 camaro and (aside from the other problems I have had with it) had to have my torque converter replaced with 7,000 miles on it. I got it back and within a week it started driving awkwardly again. I recently took it in to the dealer and took the technician for a ride. He said it felt and sounded like the torque converter and he didn’t know if that was normal or not. The technician looked at it and called GM to see what was going on with it. He said there is nothing they can do, that it is a "design characteristic of the car". A design characteristic that my car wasn’t doing for the first 7 months of owning it that just started happening AFTER the torque converter was replaced. It is OK that my car doesn’t shift at the right times, it is OK that my car shakes when trying to shift, it is OK that my car makes grinding sounds when going around sharp bends, it is OK that my car sounded like the engine was falling out when I started it, it is OK that my car clunks when it is put in reverse sometimes. That is a design characteristic of a brand new 2012 car that cost over $30,000. YEAH. Looks like I will be taking it to another dealer.
Hi, regarding the clunk in reverse, have them look at the driveshaft. There is a TSB in this and the cure is to fill the splines with an anaerobic substance that locks them together.

Also, I have the noise on sharp left turns, a grinding from tranny area.
Old 05-23-2014, 10:48 AM   #327
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
I notice that both people who experienced this have new cars. I would wait a few thousand miles for break in before getting too worried.

These transmissions do not lock up; here is aways some slippage to reduce vibration in the drivetrain, but the clutch plates may need to wear in.

Mine didn't vibrate, but the rpms fluctuated on the highway for the first 1000 miles or so.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 11:03 AM   #328
blackswan

2012 with 35500 ...
Old 05-24-2014, 10:33 AM   #329
dale88jrdew
Brad

Drives: 2016 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmkuehn View Post
This absolutely fixed my issue. Car runs like it used to. My daughter and I both háve 2012 2ls models. Her car did not have the issue yet. Thanks!

This is the TSB I was referring to ... I notice it says for 2012 Camaros, but I'm not the only one here who has mentioned this on their 2010 as well.

Although mine is out of warranty, so I probably would be out of luck anyway. Just a shame that it's narrowed down to one model year since really aren't all of them since 2010 the same? I LOVE my Camaro and am brand loyal, so I'm not trying to make a fuss, but just sayin' if there is a known problem, it'd be nice to have it fixed.

Last edited by dale88jrdew; 05-24-2014 at 10:35 AM. Reason: didn't include picture of TSB
dale88jrdew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 02:13 PM   #330
dmiotti

Drives: 2012 2LT RS
I have a v6 2012 and after 5000 miles had the shuddering problem. Was worried that the dealer would give me all kinds of excuses not to replace the torque converter. I did not mention the TSB (didn't want to come across like I was telling them how to do their job) but used key words when explaining the problem (i.e. shuddering at 40-50 MPH like riding over rumble strips). Luckily, their trans guy took it for a ride and said it needed a new torque converter (YEA!). I got the car back the next day and it drives like new. I am soooo happy as I was planning to sell the thing if they couldn't fix the problem. I do know that some of you had the problem re-occur. Only time will tell with my situation. The dealer and technician were great and very happy on how they handled this problem.
dmiotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 05:01 PM   #331
Silent...

Drives: 2012 2LT RS White Born: 11/10/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cammysilverbullet View Post
Has anyone gotten this problem fixed with a 2011 v6? This horrible 'rumbling/growling' noise occurs between 38 - 53 mp and it IS driving me crazy!!!! x(

Someone please help for those with 2011's that are experiencing this issue!
I recommend taking it into the dealer. A "rumbling/growling noise" is definitely something different than the torque converter issue. I posted in another thread that mine was going in the shop today for a second time. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=211490&page=7 Yep, I got the call this afternoon that the TQ that was replaced in Dec 2012 was being replaced again. I will get it back tomorrow. And Chevy Customer Service had my back on this one. Thanks.
*Grey Hockey Stripes; Heritage Grill; GM GFX - Unpainted Argent Gray; GM Dovetail Spoiler; Rivercity Creations custom painted rear bowtie, RS & Taillight Bezels; MRR M017 Graphite Wheels; Nitto NT555 G2; ACS 4Teen Heat Extractor
*RX Catch Can;CAI; MF Exhaust; VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB; Overkill Stage 1 Supercharger System; Hotchkis Comp Sway Bar Set w/ End Links, Cadillac CTSV 4 Piston Brembos on all corners with SS Black Hat Rotors

Youtube Channel - HPDE Driving Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpO...8aw6hgX3O1Uh7A
Silent... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 05:52 PM   #332
cammysilverbullet

Drives: 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent... View Post
I recommend taking it into the dealer. A "rumbling/growling noise" is definitely something different than the torque converter issue. I posted in another thread that mine was going in the shop today for a second time. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=211490&page=7 Yep, I got the call this afternoon that the TQ that was replaced in Dec 2012 was being replaced again. I will get it back tomorrow. And Chevy Customer Service had my back on this one. Thanks.
[QUOTE
Has anyone gotten this problem fixed with a 2011 v6? This horrible 'vibration/drone' noise occurs between 38 - 53 mp and it IS driving me crazy!!!! x(

Someone please help for those with 2011's that are experiencing this issue! [/QUOTE]

---

Hi Silent,

Sorry, I meant the vibrating and drone sound when driving between 38 - 53 mph speeds. Do you think it's the Torque converter that might need to be replaced in my 2011 as well? My issues definitely sounds all of the other camaro drivers here in this thread...

The dealership has already replaced the bushings but that has NOT helped one bit!!!! No new car should sound like this and we should NOT have to live with this annoying noise! Very frustrated! :-(

Please let me know. TIA!

Last edited by cammysilverbullet; 07-01-2014 at 06:03 PM.
cammysilverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:16 PM   #333
cammysilverbullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammysilverbullet View Post
[QUOTE
Has anyone gotten this problem fixed with a 2011 v6? This horrible 'vibration/drone' noise occurs between 38 - 53 mp and it IS driving me crazy!!!! x(

Someone please help for those with 2011's that are experiencing this issue!
---

Hi Silent,

Sorry, I meant the vibrating and drone sound when driving between 38 - 53 mph speeds. Do you think it's the Torque converter that might need to be replaced in my 2011 as well? My issues definitely sounds all of the other camaro drivers here in this thread...

The dealership has already replaced the bushings but that has NOT helped one bit!!!! No new car should sound like this and we should NOT have to live with this annoying noise! Very frustrated! :-(

Please let me know. TIA![/QUOTE]

Can someone PLEASE tell me what could be a resolution for the vibration and drone sound for my v6 2011?
Old 07-06-2014, 08:22 PM   #334
rmaringa

Drives: 2012 Black Camaro
Looks like I'm far from being the only person with V6 issues. Highly disappointed in Chevy for this car.
rmaringa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:57 PM   #335
IBM

Drives: '11 2LT/RS IBM
I thought I remembered reading that this was normal for the v6 a while back. (Something to do with the exhaust maybe? ) I get some vibration on occasion, but I just speed up or slow down and it goes away. Not that big a deal to me.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:26 PM   #336
cammysilverbullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmaringa View Post
Looks like I'm far from being the only person with V6 issues. Highly disappointed in Chevy for this car.
Rmaringa,

I'm very disappointed with Chevy for this as well and very frustrasted with this terrible noise as well!!!

It is a total nuisance when you have to drive at a constant speed of ~38-45 mph or so around city limits for 20+ minutes straight! It is an AWFUL drone sound that needs to be fixed as nobody should have to listen this!

Is the answer to this issue for my v6 2011 to replace the torque converter? Please help!

Tags
vibration v6 low rpm lugging