Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 12-10-2012, 12:23 PM   #15
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Have to disagree on your comment about the mustangs top interior not being much better than the base interior. It far exceeds the base mustang and the top camaro interior including the 2013 models. That's the only drawback to the camaro in the stying dept.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:56 PM   #16
DrSkull

Drives: 13 Challenger RT & 89 GTA TA
Nice review , I love both cars and have been tossing around which one to get though I have always leaned to the Camaro , but I gotta say I just LOVE the 2013 Mustang taillights , those things are bad ass also love the fact they use retro speedo numbers for the gauges , looks real cool but in the end I'm a GM man and I miss the Trans Am dearly so my next car will be a Camaro SS or ZL1 and I'm gonna love it
DrSkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:38 PM   #17
C5RocksC5
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
so you compared a brand new nicely optioned 2SS/RS to a a two year old base Mustang......oookkkkkk
C5RocksC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:42 PM   #18
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by C5RocksC5 View Post
so you compared a brand new nicely optioned 2SS/RS to a a two year old base Mustang......oookkkkkk
I was thinking the same thing when I typed my post.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:16 PM   #19
TwitchZ28

Drives: 2002 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by C5RocksC5 View Post
It's just what I had available man. Chill out. If you don't like my review Doesn't bother me.
TwitchZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:34 PM   #20
Deki

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwitchZ28 View Post

The first thing i notice in the mustang is the visibility is no better than the camaro on the sides, a little better in the rear, and worse out the front .
Dude I'll give you everything you wrote about the Camaro vs GT and what you think of it, except this. No way! The GT's visibility is a lot better in every aspect, especially out front. I did one HPDE in my buddies Camaro, and that rear view mirror obstructs vision in right turns and the design of the car makes it difficult to place it on the track. GT in that regard is much better than the Camaro. It's literally one of the two reasons why I picked it over an SS. Everything else is a wash on these two cars. I love the "wave" of torque the LS3 makes, but I also love the top end of the Coyote. I love the Camaro seats, and I agree, the 2012+ is, at least from what I perceived, a huge difference. They are comfortable, supportive, and yet, not too restrictive. My GT seats, in comparison, feel flimsy and like I've said on here before, feel like I'm sitting ON them instead of IN them, unlike in the Camaro. The interior, I think, is still better on the GT, at least the premium version (the aluminum accents are actual aluminum by the way). Great write up.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:48 AM   #21
davidcroft
Sellin Chevy's since '06

Drives: 18ZL1 02Z-28
Quote:

I will admit that in the cabin that 5.0 sounds really good. At idle it's better than the LS3...but not by much. Ford has the upper hand in stock exhaust sound for sure. The Camaro had the dual mode exhaust so when you got on it the camaro sounded good but the idle was weak.
Ford has the UNBELIEVABLY STUPID ricer Fast and Furious intake cabin noise hose. WTF is that you ask? It's a hose that comes off the intake to direct engine noise into the cabin. Can you say RICER???

http://images-ftp.americanmuscle.com...true&pid=17791

I will take my NPP catback with American Racing LTs any day of the week!
SOLD! '18 ZL1 Mosiac Blk
SOLD!'16 SS Sedan-Forgestars/ARH/rotofab
TRADED!2014 SS Sedan
SOLD! 2013 Blue Ray1SS/1LE 1of20.
TRADED! 2012 White 1SS/RS
davidcroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:04 AM   #22
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcroft View Post
Ford has the UNBELIEVABLY STUPID ricer Fast and Furious intake cabin noise hose. WTF is that you ask? It's a hose that comes off the intake to direct engine noise into the cabin. Can you say RICER???

WHat? I like this feature it is nice to hear the engine rumble and go even on a stock car. It is better than BMWs solution of actually playing engine sounds through the stereo don't you think?
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:29 AM   #23
Neal@NitrousOutlet.com

Drives: The Blue Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcroft View Post

I love both cars. Both ford and bmw did what they did because the engine/car was quiet. Nothing wrong with making a car that is quiet. Since most people buying the car will never mod it. I dont think there is anything ricer about it. I think it shows that they can make powerful motors that don't transmit all the sounds and vibrations into the interior.
Neal@NitrousOutlet.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:15 PM   #24
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal@NitrousOutlet.com View Post
I love both cars. Both ford and bmw did what they did because the engine/car was quiet. Nothing wrong with making a car that is quiet. Since most people buying the car will never mod it. I dont think there is anything ricer about it. I think it shows that they can make powerful motors that don't transmit all the sounds and vibrations into the interior.
+10
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:55 PM   #25
TwitchZ28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
Dude I'll give you everything you wrote about the Camaro vs GT and what you think of it, except this. No way! The GT's visibility is a lot better in every aspect, especially out front. I did one HPDE in my buddies Camaro, and that rear view mirror obstructs vision in right turns and the design of the car makes it difficult to place it on the track. GT in that regard is much better than the Camaro. It's literally one of the two reasons why I picked it over an SS. Everything else is a wash on these two cars. I love the "wave" of torque the LS3 makes, but I also love the top end of the Coyote. I love the Camaro seats, and I agree, the 2012+ is, at least from what I perceived, a huge difference. They are comfortable, supportive, and yet, not too restrictive. My GT seats, in comparison, feel flimsy and like I've said on here before, feel like I'm sitting ON them instead of IN them, unlike in the Camaro. The interior, I think, is still better on the GT, at least the premium version (the aluminum accents are actual aluminum by the way). Great write up.
Maybe the smaller slimmer mirror for '13 was the difference maker? I used to be able to see out of mustangs better, but I had pretty good forward visibility in the '13 I drove.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:57 PM   #26
TwitchZ28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal@NitrousOutlet.com View Post
Agreed. I like the feature actually. Without the dual mode exhaust I would be ripping apart the camaro's pipes inside a week. Absolutely NO volume or tone from that stock system.

as "ricer" as that hose may sound in theory...it's actually really nice. Makes the ford sound more aggressive even without a dual mode exhaust.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:06 PM   #27
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Agreed. I like the feature actually. Without the dual mode exhaust I would be ripping apart the camaro's pipes inside a week. Absolutely NO volume or tone from that stock system.

as "ricer" as that hose may sound in theory...it's actually really nice. Makes the ford sound more aggressive even without a dual mode exhaust.
If you listen to the engine in the GT500 as well as GT you will notice they are MUCH QUIETER than the LS3 and LSA. This allows for Ford to make the Exhaust louder because the engine isn't contributing as much to the decibel limit.

That being said, why GM Neutered the Stock Exhaust Sound is beyond me but its horrible. My Camaro sounds like a Civic compared to my GT500 and it should at least sound louder than my 350Z.
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:03 PM   #28
Lou_Dorchen

Drives: Jeep
Quote:
It's just what I had available man. Chill out. If you don't like my review Doesn't bother me.
Was the interior pic of the Mustang you posted taken of the car you test drove?