Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: What did you order ?
I ordered a V6 LS 11 1.12%
I ordered a V6 1LT 41 4.16%
I ordered a V6 2LT 156 15.84%
I ordered a V8 1SS 117 11.88%
I ordered a V8 2SS 660 67.01%
Voters: 985. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-20-2008, 10:50 PM   #141
jrmurphy33
CamaroTracking.com

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black
Send a message via MSN to jrmurphy33
Ordered !! :)

ordered mine last Thursday Oct 16th

2SS
(GBA) Black
(W1H) Inferno Orange Interior Package
(LS3) 6.2L V8 Engine (Manual Transmission)
(MN6) Manual Transmission
(Q9J) 20" Polished Wheels

They had 4 slots and I took the 4th

jrmurphy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:46 PM   #142
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Got my order in today as well.

You guys are going to love this one....

Tell ya'll more later about the 2SS/RS
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 02:52 AM   #143
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Got mine ordered yesterday. This is going to be one BAD ASS Camaro!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 06:20 AM   #144
BLACK67

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to BLACK67
ORDERED MINE LAST NIGHT

2SS RS / standard tranny
Cyber Grey
Black Rally stripes
black leather
sunroof
Hurst short shifter
BLACK67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 06:24 AM   #145
Geno

Drives: 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
Wow, you canceled the RS package, because of the summer tires?

I don't mean to question your reasoning but you gave up HID/Halos, 20" wheels, and a spoiler over something you will have to replace in 30k-40k miles when they wear out?

I don't mean to knock those to whom this is a legitimate concern but I really don't understand and there is no need to get into it on this thread.
Other than damage from road hazzard, I have not replaced tires in years. I trade before they wear out. Can buy halos and a spoiler and have them installed. The tires became a matter of principal after a reply to an email from Chevy.
Geno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 08:18 AM   #146
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Got my order in today as well.

You guys are going to love this one....

Tell ya'll more later about the 2SS/RS
SWEET... :party0048: Name:  jawdrop.gif
Views: 305
Size:  3.0 KB

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:16 AM   #147
rico-2SS
Thx TZD.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged Custom Camaro
ok I am confused - I am in contact with my salesman daily (good friend) and when asked him about my updated order sheet with pricing this time and order# - he informed me GM has not even accepted any orders on the camaro yet - my take is all we have done to date is Place an order with the dealer. Anyway he is lookin ginto it some more as well - So not sure as to some others claims as far as getting order #'s etc seen in other threads...... The pricing is easy to figure..I can add GMS prices up that i got from him..........can anyone shed some light on this...also the claim on having recieved a delivery date....we all know april as that is the roll out.....anyway I trust this "sales" guy and have bought cars from him at a rate of 1 every 2 years for the past 16 years right out of college...

Just wondering - maybe it makes someone feel good to think they are ahead of everyone else with false info - but I think the majority just want to know....then again maybe they are just slow as Hell here in MI.......but GM corp is right down the road.......

Again - Can anyone shed some light or agree all we have done is place orders with our dealers and infact nothing has gone to GM as of yet???????

BTW - he said they have 27 orders all ready
Old 10-21-2008, 09:22 AM   #148
rico-2SS
Thx TZD.

Update from above from my guy...we all have a guy right.......... """""Yes they are being held until GM accepts them. As for the claims of order numbers... I find it hard to believe, since we are the largest Chevy dealer in the state, with the largest allocation of orders, you'd think we'd be the first to know. I just spoke with Greg Brown (the sales manager), who is heading up all the orders and he says that the Camaro's not even going into production until late February, so order numbers at this point may be a little premature. I'm going to forward your email address to him so you'll get all the updates. Let me know what you find out. But from here, we'll both keep you posted. gregg"""""

I trust this guy people so just read lightly from some. They are the largest in the State Al Serra Auto Plaza, in Flint MI for those that might want one they have 27 orders in line and 32-35 allocated - Can't recall the total -I was just happy to hear I was 11...

Anyway just an FYI...............don't want to stir anything up just want to help

Gregg
Old 10-21-2008, 09:27 AM   #149
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by rico-2SS View Post
Update from above from my guy...we all have a guy right.......... """""Yes they are being held until GM accepts them. As for the claims of order numbers... I find it hard to believe, since we are the largest Chevy dealer in the state, with the largest allocation of orders, you'd think we'd be the first to know. I just spoke with Greg Brown (the sales manager), who is heading up all the orders and he says that the Camaro's not even going into production until late February, so order numbers at this point may be a little premature. I'm going to forward your email address to him so you'll get all the updates. Let me know what you find out. But from here, we'll both keep you posted. gregg"""""

I trust this guy people so just read lightly from some. They are the largest in the State Al Serra Auto Plaza, in Flint MI for those that might want one they have 27 orders in line and 32-35 allocated - Can't recall the total -I was just happy to hear I was 11...

Anyway just an FYI...............don't want to stir anything up just want to help

Gregg
No problem. My understanding is as follows:

1) When order is "placed" through OrderWORKBENCH it is actually accepted by GM (Chevy) and is given the Premilinary Order Detail- Order # XXXXXX that you see on your sheet.

2) The "order" is not actually going to the production floor until mid-December- hence the time to change your options until then.
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:25 AM   #150
MidlifeZ28

Drives: Yellow 2SSrs 2G1FK1EJXA9110386
I Ordered

I ordered a 2SS on Tuesday from Charlotte, NC. They seem a bit behind the power curve on the option codes, but are very open to changes as they come out. The pics on this site reference SS interior are stimulating. I wonder about the interior neon lighting on the SS. No option code there yet. Anyone know about that?
MidlifeZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:29 AM   #151
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidlifeZ28 View Post
I ordered a 2SS on Tuesday from Charlotte, NC. They seem a bit behind the power curve on the option codes, but are very open to changes as they come out. The pics on this site reference SS interior are stimulating. I wonder about the interior neon lighting on the SS. No option code there yet. Anyone know about that?
If you get leather (2LT and 2SS only) you GET THE AMBIENT LIGHTING. It will be BLUE unless you get the inferno orange interior package, then it too will be orange.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:03 AM   #152
rico-2SS
Thx TZD.

thanks trm002

I got an email from him a little bit ago and he said "I'm working on getting some sort of confirmation number from GM on your order now.... I'll keep you posted. You are number 9...""""

thats good - I think I understood all of it and I have ordered cars before - but never one that has not hit production yet - my guy explained it has a lot to do with the complexity of the new model -limited production- hi demand etc- I think we forced GM into something they were not ready for - but I hope they stick to there guns and it is limited production. That is why I want mine now - Limit production years hold there value and I think this car is going to be one of GM's best and a collector..... IMO
thanks again

BTW - Inferno orange with Blk ralleys, with the inferno interior trim kit, engine cover paint and blk 21" wheels - I need to research the air box to see if it improves performance or just a little more flare under the hood.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:19 AM   #153
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Quote:
Originally Posted by rico-2SS View Post
BTW - Inferno orange with Blk ralleys, with the inferno interior trim kit, engine cover paint and blk 21" wheels - I need to research the air box to see if it improves performance or just a little more flare under the hood.
Same here; have a K&N air intake on my GTO. It's supposed to give around 15 HP. I will say I did notice the difference but maybe it's just a mental thing. Either way, it sounds pretty cool compared to the stock box and air filter...
Old 10-21-2008, 11:32 AM   #154
MidlifeZ28

Drives: Yellow 2SSrs 2G1FK1EJXA9110386
I ordered mine!

This is my 1st post. I ordered the 2SS, yellow, auto trans from Charlotte, NC. They were a bit behind the power curve reference the option codes. Does anyone know about the neon light option? The pics on this site that show the SS interior colors are stimulating. I'm affraid that my favorite color of yellow, combined with the cool SS interior might be a scary combination.
MidlifeZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote