Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 04-29-2015, 03:33 PM   #15
BronxxBombers213

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
The new design is just for a new screw-in hook. What backeddy has bad welds on is what the hook screws into that's mounted on the car.
ohhh gotchya... wow yeah thats not good... I was thinking this utilized a pre-existing threaded hole in our bumper supports that was hidden by our bumpers- didnt realize there was another piece required for installation
Old 04-29-2015, 04:32 PM   #16
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Drives: '14 Z/28s SIM/SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by BronxxBombers213 View Post
ohhh gotchya... wow yeah thats not good... I was thinking this utilized a pre-existing threaded hole in our bumper supports that was hidden by our bumpers- didnt realize there was another piece required for installation
This better change on the 2016s! Our cars have a spot for the tow hook, but the threaded receptacle is only in place on cars that ship to Canada and Europe (or ROW)...
Old 04-29-2015, 04:49 PM   #17
prd72

Drives: 14 Z/28 #180
Quote:
Originally Posted by brt3 View Post
This better change on the 2016s! Our cars have a spot for the tow hook, but the threaded receptacle is only in place on cars that ship to Canada and Europe (or ROW)...
I was talking with Jon Yesterday about these. I am now a little concerned with quality.

I was going to order the (New) hooks, front license plate holder, front rock guards and the jack pads.

Question.... besides the Backing Blot(?), which it sounds like I don't need(Canadian Car) has anyone that actually has the product have issues with the quality of things.

Paul
prd72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 04:51 PM   #18
backtotintops

Drives: 14 Z/28 0#
+1 brt!!! A big punt by gm indeed on a "track" car...along with beautiful track focused seats with shoulder belt pass through but NO sub pass through!!!

for the record skylane is to be commended for making this...my hardware is fine and his customer service has always been outstanding for me.
Old 04-30-2015, 05:32 PM   #19
Skylane765

Drives: ZL1-1LE, Z/28
I see that there was a bad tack weld on the rear receiver, we will replace anything anyone does not like or give their money back.
Just to let you all know, only one tack weld is needed on the bushing and all it does is keep the rear receiver from turning when you screw the tow hook out. The nut on the back of the front is in-tacked and fine the nut holds from the rear and has no need for the weld but to hold in place, to fail you would have to pull completely though the steel rod. Once the receivers are installed the welds are not used for structural purposes. We guarantee all our products for life, if any issues just call us at 858 527 8727 day or night.
Skylane765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 05:55 PM   #20
Skylane765

There is no way our receivers can fail once installed!! I stand behind every product and answer my phone most all times of day AND NIGHT! the tack welds are on the receivers just to hold in place, after that the are not used structurally at all!!! I will go as far as send anyone a set of receivers and tow hook and no payment up front if you like them you can send payment, if not just do not pay!!! Here are a few pics up close on how they are used.
As you can see the pull from the large nut is to pull to the bar stock and the bar stock is also threaded for more contact. The washer is only a anti rotation part so is some reason the rod though the sub bumper was not ever tightened enough it will keep from rotating the receiver when the tow hook is to tight.
Attached Images

Old 04-30-2015, 06:04 PM   #21
Skylane765

Quote:
Originally Posted by backeddy View Post
Funny how the OP never responded to my problem of cold welds (I broke them with finger pressure), but hey feel free to order...
THAT IS NOT TRUE!!! I have never got a call, a email or a PM from you!! you show me where you emailed or called us?

My number is 858 527 8727
Old 04-30-2015, 06:09 PM   #22
Skylane765

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike III View Post
Please show a pic of it mounted. I like this one for 1 reason it won't stick out that far I believe. But will the [U] hook piece move back and forth and hit the car?
our new tow hook will not flop around at all, the heim joint is very tight and will make the D ring stay in place. We do have a grill stop we use on the Corvette you can use but they are not needed. You do not want the tow hook to stick out too far.
Attached Images

Old 04-30-2015, 06:13 PM   #23
Skylane765

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post
I have had the same issues with the OP as a vendor here. He posts the items for sale on multiple forums but never answered any of my questions.
I have never received any PMs, emails or calls from you that I know of. We answer our phone day and night and even weekends!!!
You have a question, just call us.
Old 04-30-2015, 07:16 PM   #24
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
I've sent emails to John and I always get a response back within a day. I've bought several of his products and have had no issues with quality. We've had some miscommunication at times, but the issues got resolved. How many places can you order something and not have to pay until after you receive it? That's trust and integrity in my book. I also get that nobody is perfect and mistakes are made.

Backeddy....I think you have a little black cloud hovering over you at times

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 08:00 PM   #25
Skylane765

here is a pic of the new tow hook on the Z/28
Attached Images

Old 04-30-2015, 08:07 PM   #26
ksupkt87

Drives: 2014 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
I've sent emails to John and I always get a response back within a day. I've bought several of his products and have had no issues with quality. We've had some miscommunication at times, but the issues got resolved. How many places can you order something and not have to pay until after you receive it? That's trust and integrity in my book. I also get that nobody is perfect and mistakes are made.

Backeddy....I think you have a little black cloud hovering over you at times
Same with me, he has always been responsive and great to interact with.
ksupkt87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 08:46 PM   #27
Trip

Drives: 2015 White RS 2SS 1LE
You should post up some drilling instructions... or a video!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 08:48 PM   #28
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylane765 View Post
I have never received any PMs, emails or calls from you that I know of. We answer our phone day and night and even weekends!!!
You have a question, just call us.
My questions have all been in threads.