Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 10-25-2011, 10:16 PM   #239
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Drives: '12 2LT/RS; '14 2SS/RS LS3 SSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
What color are you going with? Cost? Spill the details!
Ahhhh, you're a detail person, eh?
Well, I'm 99.999% sure the rally stripes will be Laser Blue Metallic; however, every now and then, [about 0.001% of the time], Red Jewel tone creeps into the back of my mind! LOL!
The cost will be right at $1000.00 He is also going to do the front and back bowties to match the stripe.

here is the color; just keep in mind the lighting was not the greatest!
My stripes will not extend beyond the hood or onto the spoiler.
The painter dude can do it next week. So while it's being painted, I'll send the headrests off for monograming and also order some Camaro floor mats. Again, I'm having a bit of a color dilema...LOL...black mats vs titanium gray!??!! Decisions, decisions!
Then that's all the mods I'll do for now. I really don't want to do anything more except maybe a CAI and a different exhaust, but honestly, why put a new exhaust on when the one that's on there is perfectly fine?!![DH's way of thinking...LOL!] Besides, I don't want to muck up the waranty.

Wish me luck for a gorgeous paint job!

nite all
Old 10-25-2011, 10:38 PM   #240
Black Lightning

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
The blue would look awesome. Not a fan of red on white. Price sounds about right from a quality shop.

I love my black mats with our grey interior. I got the GM mats with "Camaro" on them. Can't say they are holding up very well, though.

Monogram?

Red hood spears; Corsa cat-back exhaust; Roto-fab intake; Engine bay black/red theme; Black outs including both bowties, tail lights, tail light bezels, and side lamps; gill stripes; 35% window tints; Side SS badges; Hurst-equipped badge.
Black Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:45 PM   #241
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_krazee View Post
Ahhhh, you're a detail person, eh?
Well, I'm 99.999% sure the rally stripes will be Laser Blue Metallic; however, every now and then, [about 0.001% of the time], Red Jewel tone creeps into the back of my mind! LOL!
The cost will be right at $1000.00 He is also going to do the front and back bowties to match the stripe.

here is the color; just keep in mind the lighting was not the greatest!
My stripes will not extend beyond the hood or onto the spoiler.
The painter dude can do it next week. So while it's being painted, I'll send the headrests off for monograming and also order some Camaro floor mats. Again, I'm having a bit of a color dilema...LOL...black mats vs titanium gray!??!! Decisions, decisions!
Then that's all the mods I'll do for now. I really don't want to do anything more except maybe a CAI and a different exhaust, but honestly, why put a new exhaust on when the one that's on there is perfectly fine?!![DH's way of thinking...LOL!] Besides, I don't want to muck up the waranty.

Wish me luck for a gorgeous paint job!

nite all
Boo hoo, sorry I didn't get to see you this weekend, but I'm gonna be back to Oklahoma often!

On the exhaust......do it! It will lighten up your car quite a bit, and make it sound as cool as it is. Doubt an exhuast will void your warranty........

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:57 PM   #242
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

hey girl!
Definitely next time you come to OOOklahoma! we MUST make time to meet for a Margarita!...or iced tea if you prefer!

Here is a link to the embroidered[monogramed] headrests. I will do the blue outlined in black. I think that will POP! LOL!

Last edited by Camaro_krazee; 10-26-2011 at 05:30 PM. Reason: typo...duh!
Camaro_krazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 06:01 PM   #243
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

duh....this is the link to the embroidered headrests, not the link above.

I've had a hard time today second guessing myself on the laser blue metallic vs the red jewel tone. Hmmm. I guess I may need to close my eyes and pick the color after the painter dude shuffles the paint chips...LOL! I like them both. sigh.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:13 PM   #244
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I also got embroidered headrests. I think they look much better than the stock ones.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 06:15 PM   #245
Black Lightning

Those look great!!

So, how's the feedback going on the color choice? Folks liking one more than the other? Of course, it's what you want that counts. Just wondering how your buddies are voting.

Red hood spears; Corsa cat-back exhaust; Roto-fab intake; Engine bay black/red theme; Black outs including both bowties, tail lights, tail light bezels, and side lamps; gill stripes; 35% window tints; Side SS badges; Hurst-equipped badge.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:58 PM   #246
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Quote:
Those look great!!

So, how's the feedback going on the color choice? Folks liking one more than the other? Of course, it's what you want that counts. Just wondering how your buddies are voting.
The folks I work with are clueless...LOL! They're just not into cars at all...except for one of the Docs, and she just got a 2012 Infiniti vert. Totally awesome car!
Hubby likes the laser blue; daughter votes for the RJT...which kinda looks like OUs colors...Crimson & white.
I would really like to see a summit white with rjt rally stipes in person, yanno?
At this time, I'm sure of one thing....and that would be that I'm NOT sure
of anything! Think I'll sleep on it a few more nights. For me, I've found that when I'm in doubt, don't do anything. Often times the problem will take care of itself....or the paint guy will take care of it!
But really, I think the laser blue metallic will end up being the winner.

And, Darth_Emma...I saw that you had posted in the "embroidered headrest" thread.
I think the lady in Colorado does excellent work.
nite all!
Old 10-28-2011, 05:23 PM   #247
Black Lightning

Just going to throw out a vote for white/silver interior embroidering. I have the same interior and my SS's are white. I think it matches well inside the car with the white seat stitching. I'm glad they didn't do black or red instead. It just would not match up. Sometimes subtle is good?

Old 10-29-2011, 05:01 PM   #248
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Quote:
Just going to throw out a vote for white/silver interior embroidering. I have the same interior and my SS's are white. I think it matches well inside the car with the white seat stitching. I'm glad they didn't do black or red instead. It just would not match up. Sometimes subtle is good?
Absolutely! Funny you should mention the silver aspect.
I've cancelled the paint job for now. I was just having to much angst about it, so I think I should let it be for now.
I keep going back to the rjt, and actually saw a car a couple of days ago that had almost a *gun-metal* metallic paint job. Not as dark as cgm, but darker than sim. Then the white RS on the gray leather with a white outline. Definitely worth more follow up and consideration.

I had a "rough" night last night. We rescued a baby kitten from underneath hubby's pickup last night. I'm totally in love with the little guy, and his night was just as miserable as he cried for his mama almost nonstop all night except when I was holding him. Then he would have bouts of tummy/gi distress. No messes were made, but when he would get restless, I would take him to the "sandbox" and he would do his thing.
We went to the farm and ranch supply store this morning and bought some mother's milk mix for him. He lapped it right up and seems to be doing better. Kassie, OTH, is NOT happy sharing her domain with the little man! She hisses and growls at him, but hasn't put a paw on him; then she will follow him all over the house. Hoping tonight will be more peaceful...LOL. And yes, I'm a "rescuer"; I'd have a billion little furkids if I could! hah!

K-State is giving my Sooners fits! I was sooooo afraid this was going to happen. TXAM and OSU will be tough as well. D@mn!

off to check on junior.
everyone have a good evening!
Old 10-29-2011, 05:34 PM   #249
Black Lightning

Sooners come back big! Good karma for rescuing the kitty?

Old 10-29-2011, 06:15 PM   #250
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Quote:
Sooners come back big! Good karma for rescuing the kitty?
hmmm...maybeeee! LOL!

I still think they are going to get themselves in BIG trouble if they keep up their reckless and sloppy ways in the first half of the game! Sheesh...they made me say a few "dirty" words in the first half! LOL!
Old 10-30-2011, 07:39 PM   #251
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Introducing:
Our new baby boy! [name to be decided before his vet appt tomorrow]
And yes, he is in the drawer of one of the end tables by the sofa. That's where our little guy likes to sleep!
Attached Images

Old 10-30-2011, 10:10 PM   #252
Black Lightning

Uh oh...furkid has a "look".