Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 01-18-2017, 04:41 PM   #15
LCPLPunk
USA-1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
Here is what JDP said about the bushings in 2014:

"Ultimately, a Solid mount is going to be better than any polyurethane bushing, but you are going to pay a lot to stop that last bit of cradle movement. To put it in a percentage, I'd say the inserts stop about 25-35% of cradle movement, the Poly bushings stop about 70-80% of cradle movement and the solids stop 100% of the movement.

If the car never really sees the track or just on occasion, then you'll likely be fine with the poly full replacement versions, but anyone who is serious about racing their car should really step up to a solid Aluminum mount."

R2C CAI / Apex Scoop / VMAX Ported TB / Speed Engineering LTHs / X-pipe / GPI port/rod-mod intake manifold / Circle D 3200 278mm Converter / 3.91 gears / DynoSteve tuned / 1LE Shocks/Struts/Toe Links / ZL1 Rear Sway Bar / Z/28 Trailing arms / Prothane Radius Arm & Subframe Bushings / BMR UCA Bracket, Steering rack bushing / B&M Tranny Cooler / RX Catch Can / Jannetty Tranny Dipstick / 2012+ Heater Hose / 2013+ Rearview Mirror / Fuel rail flip / Drake shifter / Oil Cooler Delete
LCPLPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 08:21 PM   #16
DC5

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Thanks for sharing that information, LCPLPunk.

So, the next obvious question is what brand of polyurethane cradle bushings should I purchase: Pedders, Prothane, or other?
DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 09:52 PM   #17
LCPLPunk
USA-1

I think any would be good, I went with Prothane myself because I heard they were a bit stiffer than BMR and it was hard to beat the $120ish price.

It looks like the Pedders are about $500 and the BMR's are about $200.

R2C CAI / Apex Scoop / VMAX Ported TB / Speed Engineering LTHs / X-pipe / GPI port/rod-mod intake manifold / Circle D 3200 278mm Converter / 3.91 gears / DynoSteve tuned / 1LE Shocks/Struts/Toe Links / ZL1 Rear Sway Bar / Z/28 Trailing arms / Prothane Radius Arm & Subframe Bushings / BMR UCA Bracket, Steering rack bushing / B&M Tranny Cooler / RX Catch Can / Jannetty Tranny Dipstick / 2012+ Heater Hose / 2013+ Rearview Mirror / Fuel rail flip / Drake shifter / Oil Cooler Delete
Old 01-19-2017, 11:49 AM   #18
MarioSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (RS LS3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCPLPunk View Post
I think any would be good, I went with Prothane myself because I heard they were a bit stiffer than BMR and it was hard to beat the $120ish price.

It looks like the Pedders are about $500 and the BMR's are about $200.
How's the NVH compared to all 3 choices. What about ride comfort?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
MarioSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 03:00 PM   #19
LCPLPunk
USA-1

I've only had them on the car for a day or two and I didn't notice any extra noise or vibration. I do notice the car feels a little more stiff in the rear, but the trade off for the more solid feeling is worth it.

I think if you go with a Poly the NVH won't be much, but if you go with Delrin or solid you might have more...not sure how much more though. :P

Old 01-19-2017, 03:07 PM   #20
MarioSS

I was considering going with the inserts instead. I'll need to do some extensive reading.

Thanks

Old 01-19-2017, 03:33 PM   #21
DC5

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioSS View Post
I was considering going with the inserts instead. I'll need to do some extensive reading.

Thanks

I installed rear cradle inserts from Pedders on my G8 in conjunction with Pedders differential bushings and the improvement was immediately apparent.

I may install Pedders/Whiteline inserts on my Camaro and call it good. I don't take my Camaro to the track/road course and I seldom drive aggressively enough on the street to reveal the shortcomings of the factory bushings, so it seems unnecessary to invest in upgrading beyond inserts.
DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 05:58 PM   #22
LCPLPunk
USA-1

Since you guys both have 2010s (me too) I would upgrade to the full bushings. I've read in a few places that the 2010s/11s have the softest bushings. I'm pretty docile on the streets too, but if you look at the cost of the inserts (100ish I think) compared to the price f the full, you might as well do 'em.

Old 01-20-2017, 02:01 AM   #23
MarioSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5 View Post
I installed rear cradle inserts from Pedders on my G8 in conjunction with Pedders differential bushings and the improvement was immediately apparent.

I may install Pedders/Whiteline inserts on my Camaro and call it good. I don't take my Camaro to the track/road course and I seldom drive aggressively enough on the street to reveal the shortcomings of the factory bushings, so it seems unnecessary to invest in upgrading beyond inserts.
Thanks for your input
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCPLPunk View Post
Since you guys both have 2010s (me too) I would upgrade to the full bushings. I've read in a few places that the 2010s/11s have the softest bushings. I'm pretty docile on the streets too, but if you look at the cost of the inserts (100ish I think) compared to the price f the full, you might as well do 'em.
Mind sharing where you did you get yours?

Old 01-20-2017, 07:42 PM   #24
LCPLPunk
USA-1

So I originally was going to get them from JDP, but shipping to Hawaii was EXPENSIVE. I was able to find them on Amazon a little cheaper so I went that route. If you are on the mainland I think JDP would be cheapest.

http://www.jdpmotorsports.com/manufa...o-ss-ptn-7-142