Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-05-2012, 10:16 AM   #29
kbar4782

Drives: 2012 ZL1, 00016
That's what I was wondering about.
kbar4782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 01:22 PM   #30
IcePick06

Drives: '12 AGM ZL1 (SOLD); '07 Ducati 1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
Im surprised no mentioned the con on Clear Bra about it keeping the paint underneath it pristine while the paint exposed to elements will be a different color! (faded, oxidized, ect.)
I think if you park the ZL1 in a garage daily and wax it regularly the areas not covered with a clear bra will look good for many many years to come
IcePick06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 04:40 PM   #31
adamgl

Drives: '98 Camaro Z28, '06 Z06
Are there any pics of this stuff installed, I've never seen it. How easy is it to see the edges?
'06 Z06 2LZ, Cam, P/P/M Heads, FAST Intake/TB, ARH, CAI, HP Clutch/FW, C5 Axles,
Pfadt Coilovers/Poly Bushings, Carbon Fiber: Everything, lol. HID's, 360 Forged Spec 5's/Invo's, Custom Interior. 550 RWHP
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235911
adamgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:53 AM   #32
rrubio

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2012 Audi Q7
Can u get the same stuff and put it on your doors to avoid those pesky door dings?
rrubio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:28 AM   #33
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamgl View Post
Are there any pics of this stuff installed, I've never seen it. How easy is it to see the edges?
Depends how it's installed and on what color the paint is. If you install it along the edges of a body panel and cover the entire panel, it is hard to see even from close up. If you install it only on part of a panel, like I've seen on many hoods, you can often see from up close the edge of the film going across the middle of the hood. This is compounded if you have a dark color paint, especially non-metallic.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:14 AM   #34
EvilZL1
Snake Eater

Drives: 2012 AGM ZL1
Its so confusing because I dont know whether to get some on my ZL1 or not. Plus no one has thrown out the figures on how this procedure cost.

Make sure you don’t forget to subscribe to my channel! More content on the way. Like, share with your friends
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9Z...sP2wjsLLFeP1zQ

Follow me on instagram:
http://www.instagram.com/snkeatr/
EvilZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:23 AM   #35
stymie

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
I think I will go out to La-Z-Boy & purchase a really expensive Natuzzi leather couch/double recliner & put clear, cheap vinyl slip covers on it... lolz!
stymie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:26 PM   #36
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by htp autoworks View Post
3M is a lower end film. Sorry it is... and most of my clients over the last 10 years wouldn't want it on their vehicles. for one it has a tremendous amount of orange peel to it so it doesn't blend with the paint well. Second they use an acrylic for their top coat which will crack during the install process because acrylic will not stretch. Down in warm weather climates such as Texas after a few years in the heat it will begin to get larger cracks in it. I have seen numerous cars down here that I couldn't get the film off because the 3M film had disintegrated to the point it wouldn't peal off. And lastly when you do have to remove 3M film (and you will) the adhesive pretty much stays with the paint, not the film .So it is a PITA to remove.

I am sure you were factory trained by 3M so you are being loyal to them. But I promise you if you get out and try some other films you will like them much better... and your business will greatly increase. 3M may have been the original film but they haven't improved it at all over the last 8 years. People want the newer films because they are smoother, more durable, and more stain resistant than 3M... plus they offer better warranties than 3M's five years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by htp autoworks View Post
I personally like VentureShield Ultra (8 years of installing with no warranty issues and comes in 60" widths), Avery Nano Fusion (lifetime warranty, stain resistant, and perfectly smooth), and Xpel Ultimate (self healing topcoat, perfectly smooth, and 10 year warranty). Those three films are all very good. I dont promote any one film because I go with the best films I think are out there by my own testing... not the hype associated with the film manufacturer. My moms C6 has Ventureshield Ultra on it and my dads 2008 Viper has both ventureshield and Avery Nano Fusion on it. The Xpel film is very new but I like it so far... except for the cost.
Just wanted you to know that 3M owns Ventureshield!! (Since Oct. 2007, or 6 years ago) Hmmm..... ------->>>>>>

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...VentureShield/

Last edited by htron50; 02-09-2012 at 12:38 PM.
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 01:09 PM   #37
Teamradrz1

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th Anniversary Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by htron50 View Post
Just wanted you to know that 3M owns Ventureshield!! (Since Oct. 2007, or 6 years ago) Hmmm..... ------->>>>>>

PWND!!! hahaha
Teamradrz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:52 PM   #38
EvilZL1
Snake Eater

Drives: 2012 AGM ZL1
Can someone just help guide me towards getting the clear bra or no? Is it bad or is it good? Is it fair price or is it expensive?

Make sure you don’t forget to subscribe to my channel! More content on the way. Like, share with your friends
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9Z...sP2wjsLLFeP1zQ

Follow me on instagram:
http://www.instagram.com/snkeatr/
EvilZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:27 PM   #39
htp autoworks
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 Jeep SRT-8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
Im surprised no mentioned the con on Clear Bra about it keeping the paint underneath it pristine while the paint exposed to elements will be a different color! (faded, oxidized, ect.)
Thats because it is simply not true. The paint fades at the same rate the rest of the car does. The only thing that is different is the covered painted surfaces are not exposed to scratching, bird droppings, and bug acids. So the paint will be pristine but it will be the same color as the rest of the vehicle. I have personally removed film off of cars that have been on there for 6-8 years and the paint matched perfectly. These are cars that sit out in the sun daily.

This product has been out for nearly 20 years now. Do you think if that was a valid con that people would continue to spend money on it? I mean if that were the case the industry would have died out a long time ago because the only viable way for it to work would be to cover the entire car. Go to any car show and you will be hard pressed to find any high end car that doesnt have film on it. Clear bras work very well and will prevent damage from occuring. And with today's water based paints it doesnt take long for the chips to start hapenning.
htp autoworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:33 PM   #40
htp autoworks
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by htron50 View Post

Wow, really??? So to you and Teamnadz... 3M bought VentureShield out because Ventureshield was the largest as far as film sales went. BUT the two films are still manufactured SEPERATELY and both lines of film are completely different. 3M makes Scotchguard and Ventureshield makes a base line film, the Ultra line, and a matte finish film. 3M couldnt beat the competition with their Scotchguard line so they bought out the competition. If you would have done a little mroe research you would have found that out. And Teamnadz... who got owned???
Old 02-09-2012, 03:37 PM   #41
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSylentZL1 View Post
Can someone just help guide me towards getting the clear bra or no? Is it bad or is it good? Is it fair price or is it expensive?
This is a rather subjective question.

I have the clear bra (Avery Nanofusion) on my 2011 Vert applied to the front facia, the mirrors, and the gills.

As far as the cost, mine was about $900 IIRC.

I happen to believe it's well worth the cost to protect the paint on a $45k car. Whether or not that seems expensive or is a fair price is something you have to decide for yourself.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:40 PM   #42
htp autoworks
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by IROC U View Post
Who is the installer in Atlanta and what price range are we looking at for your recommended products??
These guys are pretty good. I have seen their work in person and would recommend them.

http://www.atlantaprotectivefilms.com/