Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 04-11-2013, 10:26 AM   #57
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
I highly doubt anyone on this site is even close to the Spark's target market.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:27 PM   #58
Frid

Drives: '11 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Took the time on the Chevy site to build 2 different Sonics. First one was the LT Manual in Summit White with the only other option being the 1.4L turbo option. Came out to $16050. Searched to see if any were around me and I scored a direct hit on one at the dealer that sponsors us. How lucky? Just have to hope it's still there when I get back. Other build I did was for the LTZ manual just to see what I would be looking at. Opted for the 1.4L turbo again and since it being an LTZ it would have leather, mylink, and nicer rims. Came out to $17760. Not bad (but would have to order it). Basically, if I like the test drive and I can't get them to discount the crap out of it to around $14,000 before taxes, then I'll get the LT. Not really looking for every creature comfort, but if somehow I can talk them down and be able to jump on the LTZ, I'll definitely do it.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:02 PM   #59
malave7567

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS
I like the Sonic LT with 1.4 turbo as well. I almost bought one, but my wife wanted something bigger. I would still consider one for myself if I hit harder financial times.
malave7567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:29 PM   #60
Stack4

Drives: 2014 SW 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frid View Post
Took the time on the Chevy site to build 2 different Sonics. First one was the LT Manual in Summit White with the only other option being the 1.4L turbo option. Came out to $16050. Searched to see if any were around me and I scored a direct hit on one at the dealer that sponsors us. How lucky? Just have to hope it's still there when I get back. Other build I did was for the LTZ manual just to see what I would be looking at. Opted for the 1.4L turbo again and since it being an LTZ it would have leather, mylink, and nicer rims. Came out to $17760. Not bad (but would have to order it). Basically, if I like the test drive and I can't get them to discount the crap out of it to around $14,000 before taxes, then I'll get the LT. Not really looking for every creature comfort, but if somehow I can talk them down and be able to jump on the LTZ, I'll definitely do it.
The only real upgrade I see with the LTZ is the wheels. You get a firmer suspension on the LT. The LTZ has leatherETTE. Unlike a lot of people, I prefer cloth. I do plan on getting the LTZ wheels though.
Stack4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:55 PM   #61
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
Does the HB give you quite a bit of room to haul stuff? And does the front passenger seat fold to give you any more room?

I have a MKX as my DD and have thought about going smaller/cheaper because we really don't need two SUV's but I like to haul my own stuff w/o taking the Flex.
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:08 PM   #62
Stack4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkp2LT View Post
Does the HB give you quite a bit of room to haul stuff? And does the front passenger seat fold to give you any more room?

I have a MKX as my DD and have thought about going smaller/cheaper because we really don't need two SUV's but I like to haul my own stuff w/o taking the Flex.
It's not bad on space. If you keep the rear seats up and keep the shelf thingy on, it has enough space for groceries. If you fold down the rear seat, there is tons of room.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:14 PM   #63
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stack4 View Post
It's not bad on space. If you keep the rear seats up and keep the shelf thingy on, it has enough space for groceries. If you fold down the rear seat, there is tons of room.
Thanks - gets tempting since the trade-in value of my '07 MKX is slightly higher than a new 2013 Sonic HB...
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:45 AM   #64
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stack4 View Post
The only real upgrade I see with the LTZ is the wheels. You get a firmer suspension on the LT. The LTZ has leatherETTE. Unlike a lot of people, I prefer cloth. I do plan on getting the LTZ wheels though.
The turbo makes a huge difference.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:29 PM   #65
Stack4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
The turbo makes a huge difference.
Yeah, I know, it took me a while to find a turbo M6. But the turbo isn't standard on the LTZ, which is why I didn't include it that little comparison thingy. You can get the turbo on the LT as well.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:28 PM   #66
Frid

I think the only car the 1.4t comes standard on is the ECO? The rest are 1.8L unless you option for the 1.4t
Old 04-12-2013, 05:30 PM   #67
Stack4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frid View Post
I think the only car the 1.4t comes standard on is the ECO? The rest are 1.8L unless you option for the 1.4t
On the Cruze? The 1.4 is standard on all of them, except the LS.
On the Sonic, the 1.8 is standard, except for the RS. The 1.4 is optional on the LT and LTZ.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:33 PM   #68
Frid

That's what I meant lol, my bad. RS not ECO
Old 04-12-2013, 10:29 PM   #69
Silverlsinva

Drives: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
I looked at a Sonic Rs at the dealer today manual and for a great price didn't test drive it cause id prolly buy it if I did lol wasn't looking to buy was bored and needed something to pass a bit of time. I did like the space in the HB and where to usb was in the top Glove box if gas prices start to creep back near 4+ a gallon I might consider one of these.
Silverlsinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:38 PM   #70
Stack4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverlsinva View Post
I looked at a Sonic Rs at the dealer today manual and for a great price didn't test drive it cause id prolly buy it if I did lol wasn't looking to buy was bored and needed something to pass a bit of time. I did like the space in the HB and where to usb was in the top Glove box if gas prices start to creep back near 4+ a gallon I might consider one of these.
If you were to buy it for gas mileage, I wouldn't get the RS. I believe the RS is rated at like 35, but the LT and LTZ 1.4T is rated at 40.
The RS is really nice though. Love the big exhaust.