Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-14-2013, 03:33 PM   #29
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
So what's the update, is there money you have to pay? Or what, cause I'd be ticked off if they ticketed me for a tire on the line!
AmericanMuscleCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:19 PM   #30
MR.Sarge

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS 1LE
UPDATE:

Okay so I left work and went to the car to take some pics and see what it said.

Luckily it was only a warning, but still annoying as hell because I think that's a bunch of BS to call someone on. Truck in front of me also got one too so luckily I wasn't singled out. BUT the one guy (in original pic) ALLLLLL the way at the end parked clearly ONLY in the no park hash zone got NOTHING! WTF?! left me scratching my head. Guy was clearly parked in hash mark zone since lunch when I noticed and as I left 4:30PM NOTHING! Seems they like to pick and choose, that or they don't care how u park on the back end.
Attached Images

MR.Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:25 PM   #31
z28-conv

Drives: '97 z-28 conv. 2013 BRM ZL1 conv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.Sarge View Post
Am I wrong to think it's okay to park slightly on the line like that to avoid door dings? not like i went half/half in the parking spot.
I don think so. I think that should be fine. You are right on the line. They know why you parked like that. I have been taken up 2 parking spaces for over nine years where I work. Everyone knows whose car/cars are parked there.
z28-conv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:27 PM   #32
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Might be possible the parking lot police was there before the suv parked in the hash section.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:30 PM   #33
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Sounds like someone is very bored
Old 05-14-2013, 04:32 PM   #34
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
find the security guard and give him a warning for vandalizing your car.

--

all in all not a big deal I guess. you could deal with my situation.. My company shares a parking lot with Los Angeles County Fire Headquarters and the L.A. County DEA division.. They don't warn, they just impound..
Old 05-14-2013, 04:34 PM   #35
Tyler360

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Well, if thats the case than I would hold your place of employment liable for any door dings you receive. Cus thats a bunch of bull sh!t.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:46 PM   #36
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohdeo16 View Post
I see what you mean...It appears that the truck in front of you and the white truck in the upper left portion of the picture also did the same thing...

Don't make the security guys mad though...your car might end up with more than just a orange tag on it.

yep, it's their sandbox, you have to play by their rules
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:47 PM   #37
MR.Sarge

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. iNCREDIBLE View Post
find the security guard and give him a warning for vandalizing your car.

--

all in all not a big deal I guess. you could deal with my situation.. My company shares a parking lot with Los Angeles County Fire Headquarters and the L.A. County DEA division.. They don't warn, they just impound..
Yeah, that is way worse than a warning that's for sure. I just think this warning is bogus. It's a no park zone, and it isn't even a fire lane so being on the line is grounds for tow or whatever they can do? I don't get the persons mindset when he gave out the warning or their justification for crossing the line by so little. I don't think way I parked is of any harm but that's me. (and a few others on here apparently too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler360 View Post
Well, if thats the case than I would hold your place of employment liable for any door dings you receive. Cus thats a bunch of bull sh!t.
Wish I could, but I already got dinged in this parking lot once and had to pay out of pocket to fix it, reason I park where I do and the way I do, guess things change again on how to avoid getting hit, and now towed.
MR.Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:58 PM   #38
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
To be honest, no parking means no parking. We aren't special because we drive a Camaro ... Some may think they are !!!
yeh but it is OK for motorcycles to park in those..
they arent special either.
and being a little over the line in a void is not a big deal.

what a crock of crap.
530/520 SAE
DuskSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:14 PM   #39
Bmags

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
I park like this all the time too to avoid getting dinged, and yes I had my car repaired within the first month of ownership for a very slight ding, paintless repair is awesome! I would talk to the security guy in a non confrontational manner and just ask him about it. It could be his superiors are telling him what constitutes a violation and they may have instructed him to strictly enforce their regulations. I personal think its petty, but the guy could be just doing his job and grateful to have one.
Bmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:07 PM   #40
LikaRokBowTie

Drives: 221SS1LE
I know you didn't want to name the place you work,but what goes on there that they have such a hard on for screwing with the employees over parking,and I thought sh** like this only happened in the good ol USA.
LikaRokBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:48 PM   #41
Stack4

Drives: 2014 SW 2LT/RS M6
We have this new hall monitor at school. People refer to him as the "Parking Lot Nazi." He rides around the parking lots in a golf cart checking every single license plate and sticker. So last weekish was the last day for seniors. I park next to a senior and he was done with school. Since the girl with the truck next to me always parks pretty close to me, I started parking with my wheels on the line of the spot next to me. The guy calls me down to the office and yells at me to not do that. He said that next time he will write me a referral. My principal lives down the street from me and I saw him walking while I was washing my car that day. I told him about that guy and my principal said he'd just disregard any referrals from him for that. I've been parking on that line and further ever since. Yesterday, he was riding around on his golf cart as I was backing in. I got out of my car and he yells "you can't park there!" I replied "Yes, I can." He got mad.
So if you talk to the security guard, he might understand and let it slip.
Stack4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:22 PM   #42
LimaCharlie

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS - 2004 Silverado
Stupid citation. I park similar too when I park at end spots. Like you, I park like this to avoid door dings, scratches, and just ignorant people in general. I can understand if your car is half parked in the hash marks and/or creating an obstruction for traffic.
This security guy is clearly bored.

2004 Black Silverado 1500 2WD Regular Cab, Short Bed
-5.3 LM7, 4L60E, 3.42, G80

2014 White Caprice PPV
-6.0 L77, 6L80E, 2.92, G80
LimaCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote