Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 06-22-2017, 06:09 AM   #1
ticowarbird
BOHIC

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS "Enola"
JRods SpeedShop

Anyone here had anything done there? I'm from Florida but after reading about his Beasst I'm kinda interested in sending my car for some (ok a lot of) work. I know he's on here and have exchanged a couple messages with him already but just wanted to see if there were any opinions about his work.
Old 06-22-2017, 06:22 AM   #2
TY 2010

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
Jrods Speed Shop, is in my opinion one of the best shops in the country. Jrods and Jr's attention to detail are unmatched. My Car has been at their shop for multiple upgrades and will continue to use them. Also Matt Sorians shop, MS Tuning, is in the same complex. You get the best builder and best tuner all in one location. I wouldn't hesitate having these guys work on anything I own. I have the dyno sheets to back up their work.
TY 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 06:26 AM   #3
ticowarbird
BOHIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TY 2010 View Post
Jrods Speed Shop, is in my opinion one of the best shops in the country. Jrods and Jr's attention to detail are unmatched. My Car has been at their shop for multiple upgrades and will continue to use them. Also Matt Sorians shop, MS Tuning, is in the same complex. You get the best builder and best tuner all in one location. I wouldn't hesitate having these guys work on anything I own. I have the dyno sheets to back up their work.
That was quick! Thank you! I've sent my car to both Geoff at Next Level Performance and Erik at Lashway motorsports in Florida so my car is kinda a shop hoe right now haha but after reading a few articles about Beasst and what he was about to get out of her I figured why not send it to him. Looking to do a 4L80 swap and some other power mods.
Old 06-22-2017, 04:38 PM   #4
TXM62SS

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Used them many times. They are the only people I allow to work on my car.
Roto-Fab, Bo White TB, Borla Touring Catback
3.91 1LE Gears, MGW
Tuned by Pat G

TXM62SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 09:24 PM   #5
15cammedSS

Drives: 2015 2SS....white
Im a aircraft mechanic by profession and car mechanic by hobby. If I did decide to pay someone to work on my car, JRod would be my first option. I like to learn and try to accomplish things on my own. A good family owned business and not someone just out to get your money. He will help you reach your goals without trying to guide you in the wrong direction. Good people = good business = good results.........Now with Matt next door, PFFT.......you cant go wrong......A one stop shop! lol now all we need is for Phastek to move in next door
2015 Summit White 2SS/RS with NPP.... Roto-Fab intake....Phastek lowering springs....BMR strut brace....custom cut blower cam and tune by Matt Sorian.....@MSTuning...BTR valve train....stainless power longtubes with HF cats....Phastek supplied
15cammedSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 01:47 AM   #6
ticowarbird
BOHIC

Thank you for all the replies. Looking forward to seeing what happens.
Old 06-23-2017, 03:57 AM   #7
Superman09
Account SNAFU

Drives: 13 Tahoe 79 Scout II 15 1LE
JRod hasn't worked on my car........yet. But like 15Cammedss above I am more than capable of doing my own work, but am currently saving money so JRod can do it for me. My car is tuned by Matt Sorian who is right next to them so its a no brainer for me really. And also being that I work on my own cars letting anyone else touch them doesn't come lightly for me and I don't trust many people but Jrod and Matt I trust my car with.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Superman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 04:04 AM   #8
ticowarbird
BOHIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman09 View Post
JRod hasn't worked on my car........yet. But like 15Cammedss above I am more than capable of doing my own work, but am currently saving money so JRod can do it for me. My car is tuned by Matt Sorian who is right next to them so its a no brainer for me really. And also being that I work on my own cars letting anyone else touch them doesn't come lightly for me and I don't trust many people but Jrod and Matt I trust my car with.

I'm just impatient, work overseas, and don't have experience/tools to do the amount of work I'm looking to have done. I work on aircraft, specifically the weapons/weapon systems and honestly feel more comfortable tinkering with a jet than my own car especially when I'm home for a couple weeks out of the year on vacation.
Old 06-23-2017, 04:06 AM   #9
Superman09
Account SNAFU

Drives: 13 Tahoe 79 Scout II 15 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticowarbird View Post
I'm just impatient, work overseas, and don't have experience/tools to do the amount of work I'm looking to have done. I work on aircraft, specifically the weapons/weapon systems and honestly feel more comfortable tinkering with a jet than my own car especially when I'm home for a couple weeks out of the year on vacation.
Then JRod is your man.

Superman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 04:09 AM   #10
ticowarbird
BOHIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman09 View Post
Then JRod is your man.

That's what I gather from these responses and his messages.
Old 06-23-2017, 08:08 AM   #11
KLR ZL1
H-Town Camaro Club Member

Drives: 17 Hyper Blue Metallic KLR-ZL1
JROD and his son all the way and now with Matt tuning in house, they are the best around. Great people too personally.
Old 06-23-2017, 08:27 AM   #12
X-Factor
Chick Racer

Drives: 2017 50th 2SS
Another one here vouching for J-Rod's Speed Shop! They treat your car like their own, and the builds are just amazing!! And now with Matt Sorian on their team, you couldn't have better people working on your car.
Old 06-27-2017, 12:33 AM   #13
Smoke 'em
There's always a faster 1

Drives: (-,-)
Sorry, I don't get on here a lot but as stated by everyone else, they are good at what they do. JRod has taken care of some minor things for me without hesitation and Matt tuned my car as well. They are all great people.
Smoke 'em is offline   Reply With Quote