Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 12-02-2009, 09:26 PM   #15
lawdogg149

Drives: Corvette ZO6 CSR edition #47
You should call livernois then.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:30 PM   #16
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Pfadt View Post
This is something that I wrote in another post on this subject. In case you got bored halfway through the half truths and spin of mike's post, this might give you some actual information on how swaybars relate to you the user.

Buy your swaybars from a company that actually develops and tests on the Camaro, not a Holden Commodore. Our Pfadt bars are proudly made in the USA.

Oh, and a personal peeve of mine, beware of a company that tells you that you can not handle a set of swaybars because they are only for 'racers'. Cars handle well or they don't. You would not hesitate to buy a ZR1 Corvette just because you are not factory driver Johnny O'Connell would you?

To the OPs point of why do you not see giant front swaybars for the Camaro, the answer is down in the middle of my post. It has been completely neglected by the other guys, but it is very important.

-Aaron

A good friend a fellow Camaro5 Member POWERFREAK has these on his Camaro and they are amazing. WHat a different they make on the car.

Nice Job Aaron!
Old 12-02-2009, 09:32 PM   #17
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdogg149 View Post
You should call livernois then.
Livernois is not a Pedders Dealer. Please provide the name of the person that owns Livernois along with the customer name?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:42 PM   #18
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
This thread got very interesting.

I will say this. All of our well-known vendors—Pfadt and Pedders both included—produce very good parts. These two brands, specifically, have done countless hours of research on multiple platforms plus engineering experience and education that makes them assets to our community and members for information and parts. A new suspension is a great way to improve the drivability and performance of a performance machine, like the Camaro. With their experience, they have developed Camaro-specific parts that improve upon the quality of the OEM suspension only if installed correctly. Basically, if you aren't an engineer like the ones that designed these kits, don't bother arguing that you know better how to install the kit. Get a degree that says so, and start working for one of them. If you are concerned or confused about your install, don't do it alone. Camaro5's vendors will help you!

I also want to make a point that one of these companies may be superior to the other in production and quality. I do not want to suggest that our vendors are necessarily equals, but I do want to stress that they deserve respect and appreciation. Without their investment our parts would cost more and we might be stuck with OEM.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:49 PM   #19
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
This thread got very interesting.

I will say this. All of our well-known vendors—Pfadt and Pedders both included—produce very good parts. These two brands, specifically, have done countless hours of research on multiple platforms plus engineering experience and education that makes them assets to our community and members for information and parts. A new suspension is a great way to improve the drivability and performance of a performance machine, like the Camaro. With their experience, they have developed Camaro-specific parts that improve upon the quality of the OEM suspension only if installed correctly. Basically, if you aren't an engineer like the ones that designed these kits, don't bother arguing that you know better how to install the kit. Get a degree that says so, and start working for one of them. If you are concerned or confused about your install, don't do it alone. Camaro5's vendors will help you!

I also want to make a point that one of these companies may be superior to the other in production and quality. I do not want to suggest that our vendors are necessarily equals, but I do want to stress that they deserve respect and appreciation. Without their investment our parts would cost more and we might be stuck with OEM.
Well said sir! thank you!

Mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:17 PM   #20
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdogg149 View Post
So I wonder if the pedders sways are as bad as there crappy bushing kits. Several customers whom have bought them have complained and only gotten thats standard for them. Pedders you stink go back to Aussie. Pfdat keep up the good work.
You need to cool it with the name calling. The Pedders guys have been respected members here for quite awhile now.

If YOU have problems with their products, then by all means speak up, but it sounds like you're working on 2nd hand information, and by speaking up you're just hurting your own credibility. It's one thing to comment on what you know, it's a whole new can-o-worms to belittle someone without facts to back it up.

The Pedders guys have kept us updated on their testing, and it's been pretty intense. I haven't seen much in the way of actual testing from the other vendors on site. I did see a video of a canyon run, but not much useful information other than the under car video showing excessive bushing movement and their solution to minimize it.

Last edited by Mr Twisty; 12-02-2009 at 10:28 PM.
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:42 PM   #21
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Mike and I just tracked down Josh and spoke with him. We will keep you posted.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:50 PM   #22
fixxxer525
Account Suspended

Drives: 01S10,01CBR600,05Ducati, 10 2SS/RS
Send a message via ICQ to fixxxer525
awesome point MisterCamaro69. I went with Pedders suspension cus they've produced countless Data of their products for us. For Aaron to come out and try to put Pedders on blast was uncalled for. Especially when PFDAT just entered the Camaro game and ran, what, 6seconds slower than the Pedders Camaro? If the time is off, oh well, I guess I pulled a Aaron and Lawdogg149 comment.
fixxxer525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:34 PM   #23
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
My heart belongs to PFADT!!
Old 12-03-2009, 12:10 AM   #24
ElManny

Drives: 2010 CGM SS/RS COTW 7/5/2010
Send a message via AIM to ElManny
the only thing i dont like is the pedders stuff is force fed down our throats we ask for opinions on the competitors products and you guys pop in saying no our product is better and does this and does that. i dont think other companies cut into your threads like that. i was thinking about going pedders but now im turned off to you guys due to this. thats just my 2 cents im impartial
ElManny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:24 AM   #25
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElManny View Post
the only thing i dont like is the pedders stuff is force fed down our throats we ask for opinions on the competitors products and you guys pop in saying no our product is better and does this and does that. i dont think other companies cut into your threads like that. i was thinking about going pedders but now im turned off to you guys due to this. thats just my 2 cents im impartial
I think the only time I have made posts in other threads is when either asked to or a question was asked about our products or asked to.

There have been many of my posts that other companies have chimed in, and I am totally OK with it. Aaron Pfadt, Pete and myself, have had many very good exchanges, which I think have all been respectful.

Sorry you feel the way you do.

I responded to Aaron's post specifically because he was saying that Pedders does not test our Camaros, and says that I am posting lies on the forums . You have never, ever, seen a post by me that has said anything negative about them. We have the greatest respect for them.

Be well.

mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:42 AM   #26
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
For those of you that don't know.

Here is the basic Vendor rule we have at camaro5. Do not post in another vendor's thread unless someone asks you for a comparison to the OP's product. And Always keep it respectful.

Where our suspension vendors are concerned, it seems to be pretty even that they end up in eachother's threads to discuss philosophy on how suspensions should be implemented.

But to be clear, as a rule, competing vendors should stay out of eachother's threads.

Now, we have banned and warned vendors for bickering with eachother and Jacking threads. That is not tolerated. We do have a Vendor experience sub forum where any member can positively or negatively comment on their experience with any of the vendors here.

Commercial Vendor review / feedback / experiences

FWIW.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 07:50 PM   #27
55Designs

Drives: 2010
I agree with GTHAVT. I just asked a simple question because pure physics would tell you a thicker bar will create tighter steering feedback and that is what I and many others are after on the Camaro. Just looking for PLAN B because my Power steering conversion is still in the works and should be testing next week. I will release to the board when I see results.
55Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 07:52 PM   #28
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 55Designs View Post
I agree with GTHAVT. I just asked a simple question because pure physics would tell you a thicker bar will create tighter steering feedback and that is what I and many others are after on the Camaro. Just looking for PLAN B because my Power steering conversion is still in the works and should be testing next week. I will release to the board when I see results.
Please do.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote