Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 12-05-2009, 08:42 PM   #29
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
PEDDERS MAKES THE BEST!!! cant wait till mine come in!!!! as of right now, without a doubt in my mind Pedders has the best sway bars on the market. 27 mm front and rear ?!?!! SOLID!?!?!? the BEST!
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 12:51 PM   #30
ipimpthisc
Banned

Drives: @twinturbo, cammed, intrcooled@
Send a message via AIM to ipimpthisc
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
ANY Camaro owner that is in any way dissatisfied their Pedders bits should contact their Dealer immediately. If they are not satisfied with the results of working with their Dealer they should call me at the office or my mobile. If there is a problem with ANY Pedders bit our Dealers, Staff and I will work with the customer to make it right. If we can't I will personally see to it they receive a refund for their parts. If the problem is urgent and cannot wait for normal business hours call my home phone.

Office 248.522.8021
Mobile 616.834.8100
Home 616.604.1962
PGB@PeddersUSA.com

To date the only issue I am aware of with Pedders bits for the Camaro is our inability to keep them in stock. I may be mistaken, but this post should bring any problems I am unaware of to our attention immediately.
From what i see this is a man who backs up his words, and I respect that whole heartedly
ipimpthisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 12:37 PM   #31
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
We have sway bars in stock!
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 03:38 PM   #32
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
So I hear a lot of talk about the Pfadt, Pedders, Hotchkis, and BMR products. What about "Spohn Performance", anybody have any thoughts on their stuff??? I see their sway bars are 1.25" (Front tubular, Rear Solid). Looks to be a pretty good set.

After all this back-n-forth discussion, I'm still not sure that I can pick out any one manufacturer whose products are definitively better than another. At this point, I don't think it's even feasible for anyone to make that claim, is it?!?!? So what's the bottom line here, what are the determining factors that decide which is better? Is it the solid vs. tubular argument, overall diameter, wall thickness, manufacturing materials, or what? So has anyone else been able to decipher which sway bars are good...better...best? Or is it safe to say, just pick a reputable manufacturer (seems like all of them listed above), and it will probably be just as good as another??? I'm still so confused!!
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:51 PM   #33
JusticePete

Honestly it all comes down to if you want understeer or oversteer. The solid or hollow bars don't make the difference. The strength of the bar and the front to rear ratio of the bars are the key factors. The Pedders sway bar data has been available since October of 2009 on line. Here is a listing of bar strengths. We specifically do not name names because we believe each company should publish the strength of their bars and not just a percentage.

The Camaro5 community is well informed. You can add and subtract to determine which bar is the strongest, but be sure to watch the front to rear strength ratios as it has the most influence on understeer / oversteer. Competitor D has the strongest front bar and a relatively light rear bar. This setup will have the mot understeer of all that are available.

Pedders Solution C has the second strongest front bar and the strongest rear bar by a large margin. This setup will have the least understeer and at speed it will be in oversteer. Solution C would be a great setup for a person that loves twisties / road racing.

Our sway bars now ship with what we consider to be the best Camaro endlink available. The reason we USED to require drilling to open up the holes in the strut and lower control arm was to have a ball stud and shaft that were stronger than the OE and efficient for Pedders sways bars. We have now sourced an exceptionally efficient endlink ball joint that is also strong enough to meet our criteria WITHOUT drilling.

To get the most out of any sway bar upgrade you should be upgrading your endlinks. Pedders sway bars with the NEW STYLE ENDLINKs are in stock and shipping at the old price. We will be selling these eXtreme endlinks to use with OE bars or brand-x bars at about $60 more per pair than the old style links. That will push the price of a front and rear sway bar set up roughly $120 making the current pricing a Best Buy.

Some expert will chime in and sing the virtues of hollow over solid or solid over hollow. When that happens take a good look at what they sell
Old 09-27-2010, 10:30 PM   #34
ZX1truth

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Boy......I'm thinkin there needs to be a Pfadt /Pedder Camaro shootout on this one. Winner takes all!

LME built LSX427 w/t all Callies internals| AGP 65/65 TT | Holley Sniper Intake | Brodix BR3/LME custom ported | LME custom cam | Pro EFI 112 ECU | ID-1700x | NGK BR7EF | AGP's-Fore Triple Fuel pump | Monster LT1-S Triple | ZL1 3.23 diff, CF driveshaft, ZL1 axles | Hurst Line Lock | MGW Retro Short Throw | Pfadt solid subframe mounts | Prothane Motor Mounts | Revshift Poly Trans insert | Ground Control camber/caster plates | Accelerated Racing Solutions tuned|
God is too good! I don't deserve it, but I sure will accept it!!!
ZX1truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 01:51 AM   #35
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX1truth View Post
Boy......I'm thinkin there needs to be a Pfadt /Pedder Camaro shootout on this one. Winner takes all!
And how would you go about testing them? What parameters would you use? Strength test is pointless as i've yet to hear of anyone bending or breaking the OEM sways. It's more about balance and the philosophy behind their products. As has been said in NUMEROUS threads, you can't go wrong with either. 99% of the users will NEVER reach the limits of eithers bars. Pick the one you like and enjoy, knowing you have a quality part.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:52 AM   #36
ipimpthisc
Banned

Drives: @twinturbo, cammed, intrcooled@
Send a message via AIM to ipimpthisc
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
And how would you go about testing them? What parameters would you use? Strength test is pointless as i've yet to hear of anyone bending or breaking the OEM sways. It's more about balance and the philosophy behind their products. As has been said in NUMEROUS threads, you can't go wrong with either. 99% of the users will NEVER reach the limits of eithers bars. Pick the one you like and enjoy, knowing you have a quality part.
I fully agree, uness u are going ballz out...any one of these products will suit u...i wen with a good least expensive set with good review..I choose LMR...i will post my results upon installation.
ipimpthisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 10:56 AM   #37
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
Strength is more about the amount of lean and roll you will experience than it is breaking. You are dead nuts on with the front to rear bar size / balance of the car. An aggressive driver will want the strangest bars with the most aggressive ratio to create the most neutral Camaro possible that matches their driving style. It could be a single front bar or bigger front and rear bars or a bigger front bar with a HUGE rear bar.

Pick the one you like and enjoy, knowing you have a quality part. Once again, dead nuts spot on.