Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > California Meets and Events

View Poll Results: Where do you want to cruise?
Monterey via Hwy 1 10 37.04%
Mines Rd in Livermore 3 11.11%
Drag Racing @ Sac Speedway 3 11.11%
March Creek Rd in Brentwood 11 40.74%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-06-2011, 01:49 AM   #15
wally_bear
RUMBLR1

Drives: 2011 SGM SS
Send a message via Skype™ to wally_bear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black On Black On Black View Post
BBQ is a great idea! Also i was thinking about how people got split up on the last run and i think when we get groups that big we should split it into aggressive drivers and people just trying to cruise and have each group have a leader that knows where they are going and a map that way no one can get mad saying it was to fast or slow and everyone get to the POI. Just a thought. I'm down to meet up with some guys and drive some back roads to find some good locations. I don't go out to dinner/ lunch much so i don't really know any places to eat tho. SOrrrryyy
Breaking up into groups is a great idea! I would suggest that the convoy still pauses every so often for the group to catch-up. After we went through the mountains and we waited at that town before we hit the highway - it was great to get the group back together. One of the things I enjoyed was the big convoy and if we split up and keep it split up all the way until the point of interest then the convoy wouldn't be as awesome .
wally_bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:31 AM   #16
The Shadoww
Black on Black on Black

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LS
Send a message via Skype™ to The Shadoww
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_bear View Post
Breaking up into groups is a great idea! I would suggest that the convoy still pauses every so often for the group to catch-up. After we went through the mountains and we waited at that town before we hit the highway - it was great to get the group back together. One of the things I enjoyed was the big convoy and if we split up and keep it split up all the way until the point of interest then the convoy wouldn't be as awesome .
I am 100% behind you on that! The large freeway convoy is one of my favorite parts!
Old 12-06-2011, 03:02 AM   #17
cyberLS

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by urr2slo View Post
On a more serious note, if anyone wants to volunteer to help Josh and I plan the Hangover cruise, actually be involved, chime in and let us know.
We would like to have 2012 be a year were the Nor-Cal Camaro5 community comes together and plans quite a few events. Josh and I would like to form a group of organizers so we can get plenty of feedback and ideas that as a group we can agree upon what would make the most sense as well as having the maximum fun factor. We're all for having more people involved in the planning as well as just joining in.
So are you going to get more involved on planning this one out too, then?
cyberLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:52 AM   #18
Neriah

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
I like the splitting up into drivers group idea Skylar, great idea. Split it into 4 groups, a pedal to the metal group, a fast group, a cruising group and a grandma group for the really slow ones. I'm sure Josh would want to be a part of the last group.
I also like the split groups. There is nothing I hate more then when someone insists on passing you... then drives slow... in a cruise or just in general haha.

Just let me know what you need in terms of planning stuff, I will always help when I can, as I know it can be a lot of work. However I do work nights/weekends/holidays and 12 hour shifts so sometimes meeting up/planning with everyone else can be hard.
Full BMR bushings and suspension.
Neriah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:32 AM   #19
urr2slo

Drives: 2010 2ss ss/rs abm, 2016 2ss/rs hbm
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberLS View Post
So are you going to get more involved on planning this one out too, then?
Yes I am, Josh and I have already been throwing ideas around and discussing how we would like it to go. Thats why we are asking if anyone would like to help, we are open for it.
It would be nice to have 6 to 8 people to form an informal committee to organize and plan the events for 2012, this way if a couple people cant make it at the last minute we can still pull off a successful event. As much as we want to attend every event, shit happens, work or family issues, car issues, illnesses, things can happen at the last minute, if Josh's car breaks down and I have to do something important at the last minute who would run it? We don't want to let anyone down, we would like to see a few really fun well run events for everyone to enjoy, so If you have the time and want to be more involved let josh and I know.
The Capitola cruise was fun but we learned a lot on what we can do better next time, and I'm sure we will learn a lot from the next cruise or event.
So if anyone wants to be apart of the planning and the organization of the events we would like to pull off in 2012, chime in. It wont require a huge amount of time or effort, just some commitment to help run it.

Just on a side note, Josh and I would like to thank Steve again, great video work, we know it takes a lot of time and effort to edit and post them up. Cant wait to see some of the pics he took as well.
We would also like to thank Anthony and Starbucks for hosting us as well as making this cruise a charity event to help the less fortunate this holiday season. As well as everyone who turned out and donated something to the 2 charities, I'm sure it will all be greatly appreciated.
And thank you Colleen and Mercedes for being at Starbuck's early to set up and direct the traffic as it arrived.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:45 AM   #20
urr2slo

Drives: 2010 2ss ss/rs abm, 2016 2ss/rs hbm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falundir View Post
I'm still fairly new to the state, but I'll dig around in my spare time and see if I can dig something cool up for us.
Chris, I am also new to Nor-Cal, I dont know my way around very well either but if you would like to join us in organizing the events for 2012 let us know. I had the idea to do a big cruise but I couldnt have done it without Josh. He put a lot of time an effort into planning it, we had to figure out were to meet and then were to go, find a resturant, plan the route, pre-run the route, then it was brought up that we could make it a charity cruise and as the size of the event grew so did the work. Josh did most the leg work on this and as we discussed everything leading up to it we realized it was a lot to do but it was fun doing it. Now we want to plan bigger events, and make it even more fun for everyone, so with some additional people to help plan an organize it and run it on the day of the event by late spring or summer we should be able to pull off some 40 to 50 car runs easily.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:13 PM   #21
Riddikulus5Gen

Drives: 2010 ABM RS 2LT
Quote:
I like the splitting up into drivers group idea Skylar, great idea. Split it into 4 groups, a pedal to the metal group, a fast group, a cruising group and a grandma group for the really slow ones. I'm sure Josh would want to be a part of the last group.
(LOL, nice Rick.) But yeah, I already heard this idea going around several times Sunday, so at least people are up for this.

Quote:
Manny, is that all you think about? There is more to life than food!
Lies! EATING = Life! lol. But Manny, def. got my vote for monterey area stuff, I love it out there!

Quote:
I am 100% behind you on that! The large freeway convoy is one of my favorite parts!
Sooooo cool, I just love seeing Camaros for dayyyys behind be, and all around, super cool, gives me chills!

Built: October 2010 / ABM Chevy Camaro RS 2LT
Grey/Ebony Leather Interior / 6-Speed Manual Trans.
Gauge Cluster / Silver Rally Stripes (May remove?)
20" Polished Aluminum Rims.
K&N Cold-Air Intake / Corsa Exhaust.
Riddikulus5Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:28 PM   #22
Redemption
Just Because!

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SSRS
Sounds like fun. I'll know more once it gets closer.

I can also help with organizing some events. Working on one right now, will post a new thread.

Jason

Sent from my payphone using carrier pigeons.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:40 PM   #23
Chevyg1rl

Drives: Chevys
The splitting of the group had a lot to do with the route and amount of cars we had. There were too many stop lights/signs on this route with a one lane road and no way to pass and catch up, miscellaneous cars getting mixed into the group, not enough places to stop and regroup.

A suggestion would be to map the entire route in the OP so everyone knows exactly where they're going.

2 Camaros turned around because they thought they were going the wrong way and a Corvette turned around before the one-lane pass on Bear Creek Rd. - not sure why.

Rather than splitting the group, maybe note in the OP whether it's a mountain sprint or a cruise. How can we be a group if you're going to split it up in the beginning? Is it really so bad to do the speed limit +10?
Old 12-06-2011, 08:35 PM   #24
Falundir

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE - Hyper Blue, P85DL
Building off of the splitting off into groups of driving style...

Something to consider would be for everyone to invest in two way radios for the cruise. They are inexpensive (compared to how much gas you burn on cruise day , and you can go in on a set with someone else and cut your cost in half.

When a good portion of the group has radios, we can assign different channels to each group. It would be ideal to have the group leaders carry another radio with a master channel to communicate, however when you see '50 mile range' on a radio, real world is usually 10% of that. They get 50 miles when the ground is flat and humidity is good for signal transmission. So in short, we would want to investigate another method for group leaders to communicate short of a HAM radio. As we found out, in many of the areas we went, cell coverage was in and out. Flares might be an option...

Thoughts?
Falundir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:09 PM   #25
The Shadoww
Black on Black on Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyg1rl View Post
Is it really so bad to do the speed limit +10?
I try to maintain 2 times the posted limit.

Also the radio thing is a mist have. I plan on getting one soon!
Old 12-07-2011, 02:55 AM   #26
Chevyg1rl

Drives: Chevys
Quote:
I try to maintain 2 times the posted limit.
Can't wait yo hear your thoughts when the tix start piling up
Old 12-07-2011, 12:55 PM   #27
The Shadoww
Black on Black on Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyg1rl View Post
Can't wait yo hear your thoughts when the tix start piling up
18 years old, 4 tickets. Lol the last one set me strait. I don't speed anymore really, accept when i'm in the hills trying to keep up with the V8's!!!
Old 12-07-2011, 12:59 PM   #28
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Drives: The Neighbor Hater
Quote:
18 years old, 4 tickets. Lol the last one set me strait. I don't speed anymore really, accept when i'm in the hills trying to keep up with the V8's!!!
time to invest in a radar detector! i dont always wanna be out in front and be the guinea pig for the police to catch speeders in the group.

Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims
pyr0b0y is offline   Reply With Quote