Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-26-2017, 07:40 AM   #1
DonM
Camaro #4

Drives: 2017-Hyper Blue Metallic-2LTmanual
2017 1st bath

The planets finally aligned in the heavens and I had a day off where the weather was in the high 60`s, no rain and only light wind/ Plenty of cloud cover though, so no sun shots.

I stated off with an intense (meaning I got soaked too) rinsing of the car, the seams and anywhere else I imagined salt was lingering. Then on to the wash using Megs Deep Crystal car wash (I used a strong concentration since the car hadn`t been washed since October/November and I wasn`t going to use DAWN). After washing the car - and ruining my wash mitt getting some random undercoating off the paint near the fender wells and rockers. I DID do the rims & tires first using Megs Hot Shine All-Wheel-and-Tire-Cleaner, one brush for the tires & a softer one for the rims then rinsing good with the new hose nozzle I had to buy yesterday ... the head popped off the old one as soon as I started spraying water ... I guess I shouldn`t have left it outside
I ruined two of my MF cloths getting more random undercoating off the wheel wells and rockers (I figure it`s a small price to pay for a car that won`t rust out on me).

I know, no pics mean it didn`t happen, so here are the pics. I am kind of glad the sun wasn`t out to show me all the swirls the car picked up over the winter.

Before #1

Before #2

After #1

After #2

All that`s on the car right now is what the D-115 leaves behind and Megs Hot Rims Tire Coating. In the pic showing the tire, that was taken right after applying the coating and it still needs to `soak in,` or evaporate some. Now it looks smooth, matte to medium black and not splotchy.

I plan on getting McKee`s 37 Paint Sealant & Paint Prep, so I`m only going to maintain my paint with the D-115 after each wash until I get my order in to make things easier.
Old 03-26-2017, 11:33 AM   #2
DonM
Camaro #4

Drives: 2017-Hyper Blue Metallic-2LTmanual
Two more pics

Old 03-26-2017, 11:36 AM   #3
witenite

Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
Looking good!
witenite is offline   Reply With Quote