Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 08-30-2008, 08:04 PM   #43
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
This EcoBoost Stang is mighty appealing to me with the performance/economy ration. It would be cool to see an answer to this from GM, but I feel they may not compelled to develop an engine to compete directly with the boosted 6 from Ford. The 3.6 DI V6 is not very old, but at laest there's potential for the future.

I wouldn't want to do a bolt on turbo kit for the 3.6 DI if I ended up buying one. I don't know, just doesn't sit well with me. Weird.
Old 08-30-2008, 08:48 PM   #44
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Aye that's got to be close to SS price. It's funny how everyone uses "ECO" and then it's some kind of magic carbon free steam engine.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 08:52 PM   #45
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post
Aye that's got to be close to SS price. It's funny how everyone uses "ECO" and then it's some kind of magic carbon free steam engine.
That's not really what it's about. How bout we do a little etymology. Eco, has more than one meaning- ecological, and economy...or fuel economy in this case. So...Eco Boost= Fuel economy boost.
Old 08-30-2008, 08:59 PM   #46
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Your calling me a Bigot? That's a reach. I think it's a gimmic that engine is not Eco anything. 2.2 Eco in Cobalt now that's more proper use.

Please stick to subjects you didn't need a personal attack. I was talking about an engine name.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 09:01 PM   #47
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

I edited my post before you even replied. But you were inferring the wrong thing in a sarcastic manner...so it seemed that way to me. Oh for clarification...there is a difference between calling someone a bigot and acting like a bigot. It's all in my sig...

Last edited by Kyle2k; 08-30-2008 at 09:38 PM.
Kyle2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 09:42 PM   #48
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotsman View Post
Ooops. If the mods read this they can simply incorporate it with the other thread. Simple.
Merged.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 09:50 PM   #49
Shadowsong

Drives: 2014 Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
Merged.
Thanks Gta, and sorry if I came off a little steamed sounding Scots, I hope you know it wasn't directed at you. I just hate how people see the ecoboost v6 and automatically assume, that since it is a v6, it'll be base camaro competition, when in reality it will be nowhere near the same price range.
Shadowsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 09:53 PM   #50
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowsong View Post
Thanks Gta, and sorry if I came off a little steamed sounding Scots, I hope you know it wasn't directed at you. I just hate how people see the ecoboost v6 and automatically assume, that since it is a v6, it'll be base camaro competition, when in reality it will be nowhere near the same price range.
I honestly think it will be a mid range price instead of a direct v8 replacement. Guess we'll find out soon enough though.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:11 PM   #51
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowsong View Post
Thanks for the follow up.

I'm sure Scots will appreciate it also.

And by the way. Why is every one so touchy this evening? Seems like stuff is getting taken a little to personally.

I'm guilty of it also. I blew up a couple days ago and decided to remove my posts. There's no reason for us to get cranky with each other around here.

Calm the waters a little gang.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 11:47 PM   #52
shadowed_Stranger
WAITING!

Drives: 97 V6 5spd
The real problem is that it is a V6. Granted it's a twin turbo v6 and I bet a twin turbo camaro will smoke the shit out of that, but you KNOW once that comes out all the rustang people will be bragging about how their v6 is faster than ours (even if it is supposed to be a v8 alternative)
Quote:
Originally Posted by C P View Post
I'll go ahead and say it... how could GM let this happen? They have 5 years to develop the new Camaro and no force field to protect from uninsured drivers???? I'm buying a Honda.
shadowed_Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 11:55 PM   #53
Shadowsong

Drives: 2014 Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowed_Stranger View Post
The real problem is that it is a V6. Granted it's a twin turbo v6 and I bet a twin turbo camaro will smoke the shit out of that, but you KNOW once that comes out all the rustang people will be bragging about how their v6 is faster than ours (even if it is supposed to be a v8 alternative)
They will still have a base model N/A v6.
Shadowsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 12:58 PM   #54
rayhawk

Drives: Camaro SS
The GM 3.6L motor is designed with regular injection, DI, or turbo in mind, and can be opened up to 4.0L displacement. Output is planned up to 370 hp-I assume the turbo version. GM will definitely have plenty of options and this motor will go in many different platforms at different power levels. The article I read is from 2004, so they had all this in mind as options for these engines a long time ago.
rayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 01:49 PM   #55
gladiatoro

Drives: 1981 Z28 Camaro
The Ecoboost will be a option for buyers with power up to 420 hp , of course Ford will still offer a V8 in the 2010 Mustang and it will be the return of the LEGENDARY 5.0 here is the proof , just click on the link http://www.allfordmustangs.com/artic...le_00998.shtml

Last edited by gladiatoro; 08-31-2008 at 08:25 PM.
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 10:01 PM   #56
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Apr 28, 2008 was a pretty long time ago, in the auto industry especially...and it's 3rd part information at best, which is something we learned quickly to take with a large grain of salt.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote