Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 07-02-2013, 09:17 AM   #71
Jonster

Drives: 18 2SS Vert Hotwheels
Mine usually get a little wet, but yours seems more extreme. Considering you say it was "heavy" downpours and that's the worst that happened, be happy
Old 07-02-2013, 09:19 AM   #72
Algeron

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Convertible, 1998 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonster View Post
Mine usually get a little wet, but yours seems more extreme. Considering you say it was "heavy" downpours and that's the worst that happened, be happy
I will keep watching it then. If it was just the weatherstripping, I wouldn't worry about it, but since it is getting on the interior trim, it has me concerned. I can't take it to the dealer to see because after driving 5 miles, it is all dried up.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:50 AM   #73
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Mine has gone through many many downpours in the last year including several over the last few days and mine has remained dry..
I would take it in. It's not something you want to let go.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:38 AM   #74
Algeron

Came out to the car after work yesterday, and there was more water around the drivers door (pics to come). Also, this morning, I noticed the rear passenger carpet was wet again. I have an appointment with the dealer when the calipers come in, and I will give them the pics at that time.

Old 09-24-2013, 02:01 PM   #75
AnthonyTek

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Conv CRT
Update?

I bought a '13 ZL1 vert from Hendrick. Curious about how your car is doing. I don't have any issues with my car. They didn't have a window sticker for my New car, so I'm waiting on that and they didn't give me the front spring spacers for towing if I ever need them. They are getting those also. I had previously used them for a collision repair on a Mazda a few years ago and the small repair was done perfectly.

I disagree with a 'bait n switch' tactic from the sales person that I hadn't heard before. Overall I'm happy with the dealership. Especially compared to the Ford dealers in Charleston. After buying my Explorer I'm not going to look at Fords again. Completely due to the people at the Ford dealerships. Even though I was looking at the GT 500 and the Roush mustangs. I feel bad for Ford that the dealers are why I can't buy their products. Really, agree on a price without being allowed to drive it? Uh next. I smashed my ZL1 passenger mirror backing out of my garage and went to Crews Chevrolet because they're a lot closer to me. I replaced the mirror myself, but they ordered and painted the new mirror. Satisfied with them also.

What I don't understand is how a dealer can sub out warranty work that GM is covering. It seems like GM would not in turn warranty the workmanship of the sub. Replacing a vert top has to cost upwards of $3000 for parts and labor. I would send a field tech or require the dealer have a certified and experienced person do the repair. Attention to detail. It's also funny that with every vert top thread I read there are multiple repeat visits to get the job done right. That costs money and time for everyone involved.
AnthonyTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:27 PM   #76
Twintitan

Drives: 2012 convertable camaro
I had exact same problem with mine. It's a 2012. Mine has been in shop for two months and still don't have it back. It's rubbing the back when open and close it.
Twintitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 02:52 PM   #77
Algeron

I am back again with more issues.

I took my car back to the dealership on Wed 3-12-14 to have the trunk weatherstripping replaced for the second time. The cable housing in the trunk is rubbing a hole in to the weatherstripping. Also, this is the second time I had to show the dealership that I am getting water on the molding next to the drivers seat.

Last time this was replaced, I was told that they were going to adjust the housing to correct this issue.

Old 03-14-2014, 02:57 PM   #78
Algeron

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyTek View Post
I bought a '13 ZL1 vert from Hendrick. Curious about how your car is doing. I don't have any issues with my car. They didn't have a window sticker for my New car, so I'm waiting on that and they didn't give me the front spring spacers for towing if I ever need them. They are getting those also. I had previously used them for a collision repair on a Mazda a few years ago and the small repair was done perfectly.

I disagree with a 'bait n switch' tactic from the sales person that I hadn't heard before. Overall I'm happy with the dealership. Especially compared to the Ford dealers in Charleston. After buying my Explorer I'm not going to look at Fords again. Completely due to the people at the Ford dealerships. Even though I was looking at the GT 500 and the Roush mustangs. I feel bad for Ford that the dealers are why I can't buy their products. Really, agree on a price without being allowed to drive it? Uh next. I smashed my ZL1 passenger mirror backing out of my garage and went to Crews Chevrolet because they're a lot closer to me. I replaced the mirror myself, but they ordered and painted the new mirror. Satisfied with them also.

What I don't understand is how a dealer can sub out warranty work that GM is covering. It seems like GM would not in turn warranty the workmanship of the sub. Replacing a vert top has to cost upwards of $3000 for parts and labor. I would send a field tech or require the dealer have a certified and experienced person do the repair. Attention to detail. It's also funny that with every vert top thread I read there are multiple repeat visits to get the job done right. That costs money and time for everyone involved.
Sorry that I missed your reply. As you can see, I added a brief update today. Overall, the top has been fine since it was replaced. However, in the past couple months, the wind noise has began again. It was almost gone after the top replacement. The current issues with the weatherstripping are the first repeat issues I have experienced. All the others, while annoying, have been one time fixes. I am sure you have seen on here that there have been many improvements on the verts since the 2011 was released.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:10 PM   #79
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Algeron View Post
I am back again with more issues.

I took my car back to the dealership on Wed 3-12-14 to have the trunk weatherstripping replaced for the second time. The cable housing in the trunk is rubbing a hole in to the weatherstripping. Also, this is the second time I had to show the dealership that I am getting water on the molding next to the drivers seat.

Last time this was replaced, I was told that they were going to adjust the housing to correct this issue.
Algeron,

Apologies to hear about this concern. Keep us posted on the diagnostic process and don't hesitate to contact us privately if you have additional questions or concerns.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:39 PM   #80
not
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Algeron,

Apologies to hear about this concern. Keep us posted on the diagnostic process and don't hesitate to contact us privately if you have additional questions or concerns.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
William R.,

How many of these convertible complaints have you answered in the same manner............."apologies to hear about this concern. Keep us posted...."

Really, that's all you got?

Please give it a rest and just private msg. the person yourself. We all get it and apparently you do not. Just state unequivocally that there are top problems for the 2011 going into 2012 and even that, all subsequent years may have a few top issues although most are okay...that's okay.

Get it, got it, good!

Just for this, I am going to cycle my top 100x after not being lowered/raised in 6 months and then we will get down to brass tacks if there are any issues.

Bye now.
not is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 02:17 PM   #81
Algeron

I got her back from the shop. They replaced the weather stripping and adjusted the cable holder. It does not look like it is rubbing now, but I will have to give it time. However, the cargo shade had to be replaced since the old one broke, and this one is too short to latch in correctly. If you line it up perfectly, it will sit long enough to start lowering the top, then it snaps back that the top stops. Due to the safety features, I have to put the top all the way back up, open the trunk, and try again. Took 3 attempts to get it down today (first day the weather has been decent enough to try since she got out the shop.

Does anyone know if there are multiple variations of this shade, the part numbers, and what the proper part number is for a 2011 2SS/RS convertible is?