Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-18-2009, 02:33 PM   #1
pruettfan

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS / 2011 Z28
Delusional Dealers

Spent yesterday visiting 3 dealers that had Camaros on the lot. Went to Gateway in Avalon and they only had the owners 2SS sitting there. The sales guy said the owner told him that if someone offered 45k then he would sell it.

Thoroughbred Chevrolet in Chandler was the only voice of reason. Offered to take orders for $1,000 deposit at MSRP. Keeping the LT2/RS so that customers can see the car. No games at all.

Chapman in Tempe. 1LT/RS with tons of dealer add ons. $999 yes $999 for adding nitrogen to tires instead of air. $695 for a desert protection package although no one could really explain what that meant. And then 5k market value adjustment. Overall they are asking 35k.

I realize that the Camaro is a hot car right now but we all need to get real at some point. When MSRP is seen as a deal then something is really wrong for a car that is going to be very high volume. There is nothing limited or rare about the Camaro. Hang in there guys and hold the line at paying these ridiculous markups that add nothing to the cars value and simply put you further upside down on a depreciating asset.

To those dealers who are resisting the urge to be greedy, thanks.
pruettfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:39 PM   #2
JPAYORK

Drives: 2007 Toyota FJ
I'm working with Wilmes Chevrolet in Altus, OK and they're ordering them for people at MSRP without money down. Their logic is, if they order it and you back out, they'll have no trouble selling it. UNLESS, you order something they consider "odd", they don't require a down payment. My dealership rocks!
JPAYORK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:44 PM   #3
trudawg660

Drives: 2006 Dodge Charger / 2SS IOM
but the bad this is your waiting list is crazy to be such a small dealership, and without a deposit you have everyone and their mother ordering but i doubt they will finish the order.........But they are good people from what i see anyway, but how many dealers should you trust
trudawg660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:49 PM   #4
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
Courtesy Chevrolet in Phoenix...$500 deposit, MSRP. 12th St. and Camelback.

John B.
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:57 PM   #5
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
I can see if the dealer owned car was selling for more because thats a personal buy although using your lot is tacky. I agree over MSRP is nuts and whoever is abliging the dealers by pay more should be spanked. How do you pay more for the car then whats its worth? Im getting MSRP for a 1SS, had a 1000 deposit but its refundable. to my knowledge all orders are like this at this dealer. What the dealers dont know is making a quick buck now will hurt them in the future along with GM. The next thing is if the person dont buy it they are going to have a buyer in line, price gouging is illegal i thought.

Dealer was Berger Chevy in Grand Rapids MI.
nards444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:58 PM   #6
LikaRokBowTie

Drives: 221SS1LE
Well said,if money was no object and only if,I still don't think I could bring myself to hand over 5 or 10,000 dollars for just selling me a car that I don't believe will retain half of the original value,because the very same dealers will laugh in your face if you ever wanted to trade the car in the future if you even said "well I paid 10,000 over sticker when I bought it 3yrs ago"they will not even thank you for that,so just on those facts alone I will sit and wait my turn and more power to the people who got their cars whether they paid msrp or more none of my business hope they're enjoying their Camaro's
LikaRokBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 03:02 PM   #7
flagstaff

Drives: 2010SS CamaroEscalade SLK230
Chapman in Tempe is a ripe off do buy there!!!!
flagstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 03:05 PM   #8
niko_lanzi

Drives: 2007 Mustang
When I ordered mine I didn't have to put down a deposit, but that's only because my dad built a car wash for the dealership two years ago.

The dealer told me my price was $36,480 without tax and license and that is with a $2,500 mark up. He told us they are charging $5,000 over and cut it in half for me. I am still reluctant because this car is going to come out to at least $40,000 and I don't know if that is worth it.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:11 PM   #9
FNKNSTN
Banned

Drives: A Black Car
$1000 for nitrogen? Don't they know that nitrogen makes up somewhere around 75% of the 'air' we breathe? Inflating with nitrogen is a normal thing when you buy tires nowadays at no extra cost.
FNKNSTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 03:12 PM   #10
Jim Thompson
Thornton Chevrolet

Drives: Golf Cart
absolutely no reason to pay over msrp for the car. order it from a dealer who will not charge over msrp and be happy when it arrives. long process, but those that have picked them up so far will tell you its worth it
Jim Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 03:35 PM   #11
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
good point 5 years down the road it will be worth half MSRP and you think the dealer is going to give you more on a trade or most private buyers will give you more because your car is number 120 or something. People dont care about that stuff face it. The only time that being a low number will come in play is 35-40 years down the road it becomes a real classic but whos to know that. I mean the 69-70 camaro is worth money, but you go look at at 75-77 they aint worth jack. Whos to say that we are even runing on gas in 30 years. So for those who paid more than MSRP SHAME SHAME!!! and dude with the 40k car, u know find a dealer that will do MSRP, if your going to pay 40k you my as well get the stuff in it to make it worth 40 not an artificial price. I mean that and if you have the money, even if you put close to half down, 20000 at 5-6% for five years would be nice little payment.
nards444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 03:55 PM   #12
niko_lanzi

Drives: 2007 Mustang
So what do you think this car should be costing? Without tax and license.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:02 PM   #13
camarossrs2150

Drives: abm2ssrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by pruettfan View Post
Spent yesterday visiting 3 dealers that had Camaros on the lot. Went to Gateway in Avalon and they only had the owners 2SS sitting there. The sales guy said the owner told him that if someone offered 45k then he would sell it.

Thoroughbred Chevrolet in Chandler was the only voice of reason. Offered to take orders for $1,000 deposit at MSRP. Keeping the LT2/RS so that customers can see the car. No games at all.

Chapman in Tempe. 1LT/RS with tons of dealer add ons. $999 yes $999 for adding nitrogen to tires instead of air. $695 for a desert protection package although no one could really explain what that meant. And then 5k market value adjustment. Overall they are asking 35k.

I realize that the Camaro is a hot car right now but we all need to get real at some point. When MSRP is seen as a deal then something is really wrong for a car that is going to be very high volume. There is nothing limited or rare about the Camaro. Hang in there guys and hold the line at paying these ridiculous markups that add nothing to the cars value and simply put you further upside down on a depreciating asset.

To those dealers who are resisting the urge to be greedy, thanks.
tell him you want the tires inflated with the helium from his ass
camarossrs2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 04:10 PM   #14
qdz21

Drives: Black 02 Z28 Vert Sold
My MSRP is $36,325 for 2SS/RS(1200 extra) Manual, Black/Black, Sunroof(900 extra) of course this before tax, tag, and title.
qdz21 is offline   Reply With Quote