Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions > Guides, Manuals, Bulletins, Documentation Archive

Old 07-24-2008, 09:19 AM   #267
Georgianne

Drives: chevys
Light, Bright, Non-color

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
That don't make any sense. What's your definition of a light, bright, and non-color, get scientific if you like I'll keep up.
First allow me to help you with your grammar. "That don't make sense" should be "that doesn't make sense. Now to reply to your comment: Light, an antonym would be “darkness”, an adjective would be “subtle” or “pale”.
Bright, an antonym would be “dark”, an adjective would be “sunlit” or “vivid”,
Non-color- This I may have to take back because if something lacks color or if it is of non-color than it has no interest or vividness. I think if someone was to say that the Camaro lacked interest or vividness we would have to tak’em’out. However, black, gray and white are considered “lacking a manifestation of color”. Thanks for keeping up!

Last edited by Georgianne; 07-24-2008 at 02:57 PM.
Georgianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 09:25 AM   #268
Georgianne

Robins egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythic View Post
White is the combination of All Colors
Black is the combination of All Pigments
Pigments absorb light and reflect a portion of the spectrum. this portion translates into what we see as "Color"
The more the pigment absorbs the darker the "color" we see.
Very white paint absorbs very little light so reflects as white and bright.
Black paint the opposite (which is why to me a smooth black finish is sooo cool, like looking into an osidian mirror - err too much?)

skipping past..

In addition to the spectum of light that is absobed/reflected there is also the luminosity or how much of it is reflected.
Again Bright white reflects alot of light black little. Grey absorbs alot of the spectrum but has higher luminosity.
Richer Color paints tend to darker because of how much and what they absorb to create the deeper colors we see.
(My physics of light is a bit simplistic, its been a reallly long time since I had this crap)

Also it depends on what you have in mind when you think of a color in the same family.

To some Navy blue is Blue to others its Robin's egg. both would consider Midnight dark and Sky light, but the one thinking of Robin's egg might see slate blue as dark where the guy thinking of Navy would say light.
It's very much subjective.
By no stretch of the imagination will Robins egg blue be dark. When is the last time you looked in a Robin's nest??? Lite color of blue - everytime. And the little black speckle you see on the outside of the egg?-is the baby Robins desire for that Black Hockey Stick STRIPE! Wanna bet?
Old 07-24-2008, 09:26 AM   #269
gladiatoro

Drives: 1981 Z28 Camaro
we all know the Maro will cost much more than the Stang exactly how much we will find out soon , now as to the weight issue ,imagine driving a Maro with 2 extra passangers in there each weighing 200 pounds , That is the HANDICAP the Maro has to deal with vs the Stang. Not just for acceleration but also for cornering and braking a lot of people don't realize that extra weight affects you in a lot of different ways performance wise...
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 09:41 AM   #270
2K05GT
Muscle Car Fanatic

Drives: 2017 Shelby GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Does the current mustang have stability control and side curtain air bags?

My understanding is that stability control is going to be mandatory in a couple of years and cars that don't have it get a weight advantage that is going to go away soon. Stability control is a non-trivial piece of hardware that has some weight to it. There's not only sensors and wiring and a control module, but they need a beefier system for maintaining pressure in the brake system and individual control systems for each wheel.
Electronic Stability Control will be mandatory 2012 Government Regs.
The 2008 Mustang has this option. also it comes with the option of side curtain air bags as well.

The Mustang is lighter for many reasons, 1) 4.6L Aluminum Engine (it's smaller) 2) Aluminum Hood and roof. 3) Solid Rear Axle not IRS.
4) SIZE..
..........................Camaro...Mustang
wheel base...........112.3......107.1
length..................190.4.....187.6
width...................75.5.......73.9
height................. 54.2.......55.4
track front...........63.7........62.8
track rear.............63.7.......63
F/R Bal................52/48......51/49
curb weight (lbs)...3,870......3,450
2005 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey - Sold

Last edited by 2K05GT; 07-24-2008 at 10:13 AM.
2K05GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 10:04 AM   #271
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post
then why is the Stang 400 pounds lighter and still costs way less than the Maro ??? your comment does not make sense sorry...
lack of IRS for one.
smaller, less advanced platform for two...
one could go on about quality, and robustness....

And it does not cost WAY less, because we don't even know what the Camaro will cost (though you can take to the bank that the difference in price won't merit a "WAY")
Old 07-24-2008, 10:44 AM   #272
2K05GT
Muscle Car Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
lack of IRS for one.
smaller, less advanced platform for two...
one could go on about quality, and robustness....
One Could but we have not seen the Camaro yet, it's interior looks very "Pontiacish" if you know what I mean, but then again I own a Mustang and the interior is plastic looking. as far as Mustang Quality I have no complaints, I have over 300 1/4 mile runs, several laps logged in at VIR with some 150 mph runs, 55,000 miles and not one issue (knock on wood) Granted this is my First Ford so I do not know what the quality was like before the S197, but compaired to my GM Products, very comparable..
Old 07-24-2008, 11:08 AM   #273
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K05GT View Post
Electronic Stability Control will be mandatory 2012 Government Regs.
The 2008 Mustang has this option. also it comes with the option of side curtain air bags as well.
Well, they're NOT going to install those heavy options on the car when they weigh it if they're optional. You're comparing it to a car which has all those items as standard and therefore it's going to weigh more. When they become standard equipment on the Mustang I bet the weight will go up.

You are correct about the engine and the roof... but the SS has an aluminum hood too.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 11:25 AM   #274
Paperer
Ragin' Cajun

Drives: '02 Camaro SS - '10 CGM 2SS/RS
If you pick up the latest Motortrend Magazine, it is estimated to run from: $22,000 - $33,000.
Paperer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 12:03 PM   #275
96CAMaro

Drives: '02 Impreza 2.5RS
I'm hoping that the 2010 Camaro will be significantly faster than the 2010 Mustang GT. Just like the 2002 Z28 compared to the 2002 Mustang GT. Anything less will result in me waiting for the 'top dawg' Camaro - whatever it's called.
96CAMaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 02:46 PM   #276
Bocephus

Drives: 2011 Mustang GT, Kona, BBP, 3.73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianne View Post

First allow me to help you with your grammer. "That don't make sense" should be "that doesn't make sense. Now to reply to your comment: Light, an antonym would be “darkness”, an adjective would be “subtle” or “pale”.
Bright, an antonym would be “dark”, an adjective would be “sunlit” or “vivid”,
Non-color- This I may have to take back because if something lacks color or if it is of non-color than it has no interest or vividness. I think if someone was to say that the Camaro lacked interest or vividness we would have to tak’em’out. However, black, gray and white are considered “lacking a manifestation of color”. Thanks for keeping up!
If you are going to correct someone's "grammer", you should at least know how to spell it. It's grammar.
Bocephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 02:55 PM   #277
Georgianne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
If you are going to correct someone's "grammer", you should at least know how to spell it. It's grammar.
I can't type very fast but you made me laugh since I saw it after I posted it.

Last edited by Georgianne; 07-24-2008 at 02:56 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-24-2008, 06:02 PM   #278
Craig

Drives: '01 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by liberty View Post
The news article was from Edmunds, the performance numbers were from
Al Oppenheiser, chief engineer for GM's North American rear-wheel-drive platform.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=129496
GM's quoted performance for a 1998 LS1 Camaro was 13.9 in the quarter. What does that tell you? Performance estimates from the manufacturer are always conservative.

Just wait until the cars hit the street, and if 13.3 is the best they can do then I'll eat my hat. Stock fourth-gens can hit 13.3 and the 2010 will have a noticably better power to weight ratio.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 08:26 PM   #279
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythic View Post
White is the combination of All Colors
Black is the combination of All Pigments
Pigments absorb light and reflect a portion of the spectrum. this portion translates into what we see as "Color"
The more the pigment absorbs the darker the "color" we see.
Very white paint absorbs very little light so reflects as white and bright.
Black paint the opposite (which is why to me a smooth black finish is sooo cool, like looking into an osidian mirror - err too much?)

skipping past..

In addition to the spectum of light that is absobed/reflected there is also the luminosity or how much of it is reflected.
Again Bright white reflects alot of light black little. Grey absorbs alot of the spectrum but has higher luminosity.
Richer Color paints tend to darker because of how much and what they absorb to create the deeper colors we see.
(My physics of light is a bit simplistic, its been a reallly long time since I had this crap)

Also it depends on what you have in mind when you think of a color in the same family.

To some Navy blue is Blue to others its Robin's egg. both would consider Midnight dark and Sky light, but the one thinking of Robin's egg might see slate blue as dark where the guy thinking of Navy would say light.
It's very much subjective.

A MUCH more technical version of my explanation. LOL I admit you're the first person I've ever met that knew about this. Most people just look at me like I'm nuts. haha
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 09:32 PM   #280
2K05GT
Muscle Car Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96CAMaro View Post
I'm hoping that the 2010 Camaro will be significantly faster than the 2010 Mustang GT. Just like the 2002 Z28 compared to the 2002 Mustang GT. Anything less will result in me waiting for the 'top dawg' Camaro - whatever it's called.
the Camaro and Mustang has always played leap from, and more recent the Camaro has been faster., if the 2010 Mustang stays around 3500-3600 pounds and gets the 365 hp 5.0 then I see them neck and neck. but right now chevy is pitting the SS against the 2009 Challenger as it's compatition, they are simular in weight, hp and looks, and I beleive in price (camaro will be cheaper 33-35k) the mustang wil still come in below 30K