Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 06-30-2011, 07:22 AM   #57
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Sooooooooooooooooooooooo........................

after about 25 minutes of his gushing about the car - I said - "OK - so -- how 'bout we order you one!"

.....and his response?

"Oh man-- I LOVE this color (synergy green) but I'm going to order Bright Red....."

We used to have a saying on the Corvette team years ago -

'Yellow is the color you hope your neighbor buys" - meaning that you love looking at it -but you'll stick with red or black or white or *insert color name here*
Scott, I don't recall Prince, or anyone else, ever writing a song titled, "Little Synergy Green Corvette"...or, "Little Sunrise Yellow Corvette"...or...

RED

WHITE

BLACK

...and, since the late-'90s...

SILVER

Actually, in the Car Biz, there was a time in the late-'70s/early-'80s when they used to refer to a very popular current color as "NO-SALE SILVER"!

Tastes, and times, change...

I'm OK with just those 4 colors...for an LS7-engined "Z/28". In fact, Black-on-Black will be my choice...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:39 AM   #58
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Ford doesn't seem to have problems offering bright blue (it appears?). It also looks like mazda is having a ball with its own bright blue as well.

We need to figure out ways to overcome the slump in sales for the good colors instead of killing them off prematurely.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:25 AM   #59
RocketCutlass
Property USMC

Drives: 95 Caprice 9C1
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess X View Post
All I can say to that is for you blue lovers...stand by.
You must live close to Parris Island, SC. Those two words, stand by, most of the time are the most feared words a Marine recruit, hell even Marines usually hear. Usually means you did something stupid and all hell is going to break loose LOL. Back on subject, I own a 95 caprice detective car that I sold my GTO for so I could save faster for a ZL1 and it is a Blue that I think would look great on a ZL1, Adriatic Blue Metallic. I know it's not a blue like what you guys are after, but I still think its a nice blue.
Attached Images

RocketCutlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:43 AM   #60
armysig
Catch me if you can

Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
I think that GM has represented the color wheel pretty good with the Camaro so far. Yes one of the colors has been dropped, 2 are discontinued (for 2012), but that leaves some very nice looking colors for us to pick from.

So if you want a unique color, don't go out and mod your engine right away, drop the 5 to 10k and have your car painted they way you want it.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:48 AM   #61
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
The majority of people on this thread are missing the point and obviously didn't read any of my posts.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:41 AM   #62
Tysen

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
I'm cool with the color palette as it is. I wish there were a blue, but as long as CGM or CRT are available when it comes time to order I'll be happy. I just hope there aren't paint chipping problems like I had on my 2010.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:53 AM   #63
1981DFA

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Lemans Blue was pretty popular on the vette. I would like to see a color like that (Not necessarily that exact color but close) on the camaro!

edit: althought lemans blue has already been validated so in theory it shouldnt cost much!
1981DFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:55 AM   #64
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Milk, if you go back to the extended production of the '69 Camaro, there were as many as 18 Exterior Colors (some SEO) and 6 Two-Tones and several colors of Vinyl Roofs. Combined with several Stripe Options, the potential Combinations were incredible!

I guess "times change".

Now that we've enjoyed the Camaro, in this form, for over 2 years, it's only natural to want something more and different. I'm sure they'll respond, in time.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:01 AM   #65
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
Milk, if you go back to the extended production of the '69 Camaro, there were as many as 18 Exterior Colors (some SEO) and 6 Two-Tones and several colors of Vinyl Roofs. Combined with several Stripe Options, the potential Combinations were incredible!

I guess "times change".

Now that we've enjoyed the Camaro, in this form, for over 2 years, it's only natural to want something more and different. I'm sure they'll respond, in time.
I don't want that many colors. I just want colors that correctly represent the Camaro's persona. It's a stand-out car that needs stand-out colors. Like I said, I like the red on the ZL1's better than VR. It's slightly different, but it makes a huge difference in bringing out the cars essence.
No one has answered me on the Synergy green selling number. Why discontinue a good selling color that let's the Camaro stand out (not that they don't already).

This doesn't just limits itself to the Camaro. GM as a whole needs colors that let their products stand out. People may say colors are subjective, but they are a main selling point on the general consumer.
When a potential customer sees a car they are considering in an eye-catching color they think "Wow, that looks good".
Old 06-30-2011, 12:32 PM   #66
GoldenBear
Bear Backer

Drives: 69 Camaro Z/28, 69 Corvette Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
No one has answered me on the Synergy green selling number. Why discontinue a good selling color that let's the Camaro stand out (not that they don't already).
I doubt very much if GM discontinues a color that sells well. You can bet that if GM discontinues a color (other than for availability reasons) it is because it didn't sell well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
People may say colors are subjective, but they are a main selling point on the general consumer.
When a potential customer sees a car they are considering in an eye-catching color they think "Wow, that looks good".
A lot of people may say, "That color looks good," but GM needs people to actually purchase a vehicle in that color. There are a lot of people who may think a color looks great on a particular vehicle, but they don't want their vehicle to be that particular color. They want to see that color on someone else's vehicle, but they want their vehicle to be Red, Black, or White.
Current Chevrolets: 1969 Camaro Z/28 -- 1969 427/390 Corvette Convertible -- 1970 350/300 Corvette Convertible -- 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible -- CRT / Exposed CF Weave Hood Insert / Suede Package / Polished Wheels / MN6
GoldenBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:36 PM   #67
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

I guess I'm the only one that's a bit bored with the current colors.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:05 PM   #68
Nine Ball

Drives: 1969 & 2016 Camaro SS
Limited production runs would be fine. Build those 250-500 cars in special colors occasionally. I would be willing to pay a little more for a specialty color that I like. We aren't asking to sell 20,000 units in a color. It would be nice to see some unique ones hit the street that were factory painted.

As for the Bumblebee paint, I know that is a big bucks show quality paint job on the movie and display cars. I'm not suggesting you use the mega-metallic finish or the multiple stages. It really could just be a metallic yellow color that shares the same hue/warmth. Just a little more orange than the current yellow, with some metallic mixed in. Pearl Yellow Tintcoat perhaps. Of course it could cost more, so add it to the window sticker. No different than how it is done on the pearl white or metallic red Cadillacs, and people still buy the colors.

Tony
Old 06-30-2011, 02:10 PM   #69
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Ball View Post
Limited production runs would be fine. Build those 250-500 cars in special colors occasionally. I would be willing to pay a little more for a specialty color that I like. We aren't asking to sell 20,000 units in a color. It would be nice to see some unique ones hit the street that were factory painted.

As for the Bumblebee paint, I know that is a big bucks show quality paint job on the movie and display cars. I'm not suggesting you use the mega-metallic finish or the multiple stages. It really could just be a metallic yellow color that shares the same hue/warmth. Just a little more orange than the current yellow, with some metallic mixed in. Pearl Yellow Tintcoat perhaps. Of course it could cost more, so add it to the window sticker. No different than how it is done on the pearl white or metallic red Cadillacs, and people still buy the colors.

Tony
You won't get the same effect from a pearl as you would from a 3 stage
Old 06-30-2011, 02:21 PM   #70
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBear View Post
You can bet that if GM discontinues a color (other than for availability reasons) it is because it didn't sell well.
...or they expect its replacement to sell better, or have "Special Edition" appeal/pricing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBear View Post
A lot of people may say, "That color looks good," but GM needs people to actually purchase a vehicle in that color. There are a lot of people who may think a color looks great on a particular vehicle, but they don't want their vehicle to be that particular color. They want to see that color on someone else's vehicle, but they want their vehicle to be Red, Black, or White.
An/or, in the same vane, have you ever seen a color you WISHED you could get on "your car", but couldn't?

"Damn!"

Milk, as Scott mentioned, and Oshawa being a "flex-build" plant (more than one Make/Model going thru the same paint house), there is a finite number of colors to be shot, and not all of 'em look so hot on Regal, or anything else they can/may send down the line, there. A "fault" of "efficiency"...