Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-20-2011, 10:57 AM   #1
seasick

Drives: 2013 Dusk Mojave 2SS/RS A8
CDC Prepared for Zombie Apocalypse!

http://emergency.cdc.gov/socialmedia/zombies_blog.asp

I thought this was an interesting campaign for preparedness by the CDC. I don't see anything wrong with being prepared for the ZA. If anything, you'll be prepared for catastrophic events such as hurricanes, floods, earthquakes, attacks on American soil, and the occassional outbreak of the living dead.

Are you prepared for the zombie apocalypse (or whatever disasterous event that may occur?) How so? If there were a ZA, would you prefer Night of the Living dead zombies (climbing from graves,) or virus zombies (Resident Evil-ish?)
Old 05-20-2011, 11:11 AM   #2
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Saw this the other day, interesting way to get people prepared for disasters in general. I've got a bug-out bag prepared that includes a couple MREs (military rations, they keep forever and the ones I have actually taste decent), compass, emergency radio, flash light, fire starting materials, etc. If I don't use it by a certain date each year I use it to go camping with, then restock the supplies so that they stay somewhat fresh. Also try to keep warm clothes in my car during the winter, along with water and a few snacks, just in case something happens and I get stuffed into a snowbank.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:22 AM   #3
seasick

Drives: 2013 Dusk Mojave 2SS/RS A8
I've been assembling a bug-out bag as well. It can be pricey gathering all of the necessary items, so I'm picking up a few things here and there. I think it's really important that people are aware of this though. I'm from South Louisiana, 20 minutes from where the flooding is occuring, and everyone's going batsh!t, sandbagging and buying up EVERYTHING in sight, whether they need it or not.
Old 05-20-2011, 03:33 PM   #4
Brokinarrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasick View Post
I've been assembling a bug-out bag as well. It can be pricey gathering all of the necessary items, so I'm picking up a few things here and there. I think it's really important that people are aware of this though. I'm from South Louisiana, 20 minutes from where the flooding is occuring, and everyone's going batsh!t, sandbagging and buying up EVERYTHING in sight, whether they need it or not.
If you have a family, it'd be a good idea to practice disaster drills once a year so that if a disaster DOES strike your area, you and the family will know what to do. I don't have any kids yet, but I'm definitely planning on doing this once a year on a nice weekend: Just up and declare "We're going camping, everyone grab your bug out bag and meet at the car in 10 minutes, GO!" Might as well make the drills fun
Old 05-20-2011, 04:22 PM   #5
helmincamaro
Official Lounge BAMF

Drives: '97 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to helmincamaro Send a message via Yahoo to helmincamaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
Saw this the other day, interesting way to get people prepared for disasters in general. I've got a bug-out bag prepared that includes a couple MREs (military rations, they keep forever and the ones I have actually taste decent), compass, emergency radio, flash light, fire starting materials, etc. If I don't use it by a certain date each year I use it to go camping with, then restock the supplies so that they stay somewhat fresh. Also try to keep warm clothes in my car during the winter, along with water and a few snacks, just in case something happens and I get stuffed into a snowbank.
I got a bug out bag.... I call it my SHTF bag.... Shit's Hit The Fan . I got some MRE's in mine too, compass, lights, batteries, some of those glow sticks, 2 belts of 12 gauge ammo.... 30 rounds in each, a few knives, multi-tools, ear plugs, safety/sun glasses, different assorted ammo, bottles of water....... and the list goes on. I always keep a box of ammo in various calibers..... say something goes bad, your out and you find yourself with another gun and no bullets.... good to have options . I also keep a coat and blanket in the car during winter time, keep a couple spare rounds of .40 in a few areas.... never know when you might need just 1 more

edit: you might want to check your MRE's..... I think they're only good for 7 years lol.
helmincamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:25 PM   #6
Havok

Drives: 2010 IBM 2LT RS
Why won't the government let me have the right to bear nuclear arms for such of an event.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:29 PM   #7
helmincamaro
Official Lounge BAMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post
Why won't the government let me have the right to bear nuclear arms for such of an event.

duuuuudddde, why didn't I think of that? If the world ends, I'm gonna go raid area 51, find some aliens and some nukes and we're gonna have one kick ass firework show
Old 05-20-2011, 09:21 PM   #8
Brokinarrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post
I got my own, call it the fat man (fallout reference). Helmincamaro, good idea with the various ammo types, will have to implement that for my own bag for sure. And yeah, I think 7 years sounds about right for the max on the MREs. I know one time I was on a training op in Japan, think it was 05 or 06, and the MREs we got had millenium edition M&Ms
Old 05-20-2011, 09:58 PM   #9
helmincamaro
Official Lounge BAMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
I got my own, call it the fat man (fallout reference). Helmincamaro, good idea with the various ammo types, will have to implement that for my own bag for sure. And yeah, I think 7 years sounds about right for the max on the MREs. I know one time I was on a training op in Japan, think it was 05 or 06, and the MREs we got had millenium edition M&Ms

I'm fairly sure the school lunches here still have those M&M's .
Old 05-20-2011, 10:36 PM   #10
TOMS1SS

Drives: NA
Well with the tomorrow being 5/21/11 anything can happen. Bring on the damn zombies.
TOMS1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 09:20 PM   #11
Brokinarrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMS1SS View Post
Well with the tomorrow being 5/21/11 anything can happen. Bring on the damn zombies.
yeah, was sorely disappointed today. Had my ammo stacked up, guns loaded, nice spot on top of the garage picked out and everything.... no dang zombies. Closest I got was some people shuffling back and forth to a garage sale down the road

Tags
apocalypse, cdc, virus, zombie