Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 02-02-2012, 09:12 PM   #1
blade_ss

Drives: '12 AGM 2SS/RS M6 & 05 Mazda3
Blade_ss's 12' AGM 2SS/RS

Finally time for a blog of my own...

Last Wednesday I finally went down to my dealership and put my deposit down for my Camaro order. This has been more then 6 years in waiting. Ever since GM announced that they would be discontinuing the Camaro after the 2002 model year, I knew in the back of my mind that the Camaro would comeback someday.

Fast forward to the unveil of the Camaro Concept in 06' I knew from then on that I would own a Camaro someday.

After numerous test drives and working continuously to make it happen. The day has finally come that I am able to order the car I have been dreaming about for over 6 years.

I am blessed to have a job and a fiancee that is allowing me to fulfill my dreams.

I have been trolling this site for years and now I can share the same permagrin I always hear about. I just want my car to be hear already, I know I have waited this long so whats an additional 8 wees but this is going to be the longest 8 weeks on my life.
Attached Images

Old 02-02-2012, 11:23 PM   #2
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

Drives: 2016 SS
+1. Mine was built today and is ready to ship. I have been tracking that bitch every minute of every day. Congrats on your purchase. Hope to see that Camaro at CamaroFest in August
LED Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:56 AM   #3
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
WORTH THE WAIT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade_ss View Post
Finally time for a blog of my own...

Last Wednesday I finally went down to my dealership and put my deposit down for my Camaro order. This has been more then 6 years in waiting. Ever since GM announced that they would be discontinuing the Camaro after the 2002 model year, I knew in the back of my mind that the Camaro would comeback someday.

Fast forward to the unveil of the Camaro Concept in 06' I knew from then on that I would own a Camaro someday.

After numerous test drives and working continuously to make it happen. The day has finally come that I am able to order the car I have been dreaming about for over 6 years.

I am blessed to have a job and a fiancee that is allowing me to fulfill my dreams.

I have been trolling this site for years and now I can share the same permagrin I always hear about. I just want my car to be hear already, I know I have waited this long so whats an additional 8 wees but this is going to be the longest 8 weeks on my life.
This is the time of your life!! As my build thread pretty much says the same as yours, I simply had a great time tracking, waiting and anticipating her arrival....Enjoy the moment and don't wish your life away--easier said than done!!!....
Old 02-03-2012, 11:22 AM   #4
blade_ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by LED KING View Post
+1. Mine was built today and is ready to ship. I have been tracking that bitch every minute of every day. Congrats on your purchase. Hope to see that Camaro at CamaroFest in August
Thanks. When did you order your car?
Old 02-03-2012, 11:27 AM   #5
blade_ss

Now that my car is ordered I have had a lot of time to research mods.

First mod is going to be a heritage grill. Next will be a suspension upgrade, not sure if i want to go with a full coilover set up or just a set of lowering springs and some sways. Both of my current cars have aftermarket suspensions. I have been doing a lot of research on suspension and I still have no idea which direction I want to go.

Any ideas?
Old 02-03-2012, 05:54 PM   #6
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

Drives: 2016 SS
Quote:
Thanks. When did you order your car?
January 14th
LED Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 06:54 PM   #7
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Talking Congratulations!

Marcus... As they say on the street... "DUDE!!!!!" You did it. I am so happy and proud of you too. Since I don't have a son it looks like I am going to have to adopt you as the Camaro driving son I never had. Tell your Mom and Dad, and your fiance, that you always have a place to hang out if your future wife kicks you out of the house for modding too much!

I might ask to come over and sleep in your garage because of my Gen 5 modding antics as well! Blade SS is going to be a reality soon, either way!

I am really considering the Granatelli subframe connector. My friend Tom at Central Coast Camaro Club has that on his Camaro and he said it made a world of difference. That in combination with the Chevy shock tower brace and a set of high performance shocks should improve Orange Krate's handling characteristics tremendously.

You and I have discussed ad nauseum, the transmission issue but I think that will eventually find a fix. As far as I am concerned that is the Achilles heal of the whole car. Other than that quirk I find the Camaro a brilliant piece of work for the money. I just wish I had the extra $20K to plop down on the ZL1. But Orange Krate has more then enough horses for this old fart! I will continue to watch and monitor your thread and build just as you have faithfully followed mine. Be safe out there and we will see you around the block!

JIM (& Erica)

PS...if you are off on Saturday 18th of February I would be happy to have you ride along with me to the Granatelli event!!!

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:43 PM   #8
blade_ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krate View Post
Marcus... As they say on the street... "DUDE!!!!!" You did it. I am so happy and proud of you too. Since I don't have a son it looks like I am going to have to adopt you as the Camaro driving son I never had. Tell your Mom and Dad, and your fiance, that you always have a place to hang out if your future wife kicks you out of the house for modding too much!

I might ask to come over and sleep in your garage because of my Gen 5 modding antics as well! Blade SS is going to be a reality soon, either way!

I am really considering the Granatelli subframe connector. My friend Tom at Central Coast Camaro Club has that on his Camaro and he said it made a world of difference. That in combination with the Chevy shock tower brace and a set of high performance shocks should improve Orange Krate's handling characteristics tremendously.

You and I have discussed ad nauseum, the transmission issue but I think that will eventually find a fix. As far as I am concerned that is the Achilles heal of the whole car. Other than that quirk I find the Camaro a brilliant piece of work for the money. I just wish I had the extra $20K to plop down on the ZL1. But Orange Krate has more then enough horses for this old fart! I will continue to watch and monitor your thread and build just as you have faithfully followed mine. Be safe out there and we will see you around the block!

JIM (& Erica)

PS...if you are off on Saturday 18th of February I would be happy to have you ride along with me to the Granatelli event!!!
Jim, I still can't believe that in a few short weeks I will be the owner of a brand new 2012 Camaro. It hasnt hit me yet. I will gladly take you up of the offer of you adopting me to be you Camaro driving son you never had, I don't think my parents or my fiancee will mind.

When it comes to modding I might have to come hide at your place if I get into trouble. I would offer you the same however we live in a one bedroom apartment with only a designated spot, I might look into renting a garage in my complex depending on the price.

Having to do with the suspension upgrades, I think I am going to go with a set of Pedders Xa coilovers, I have heard many great things about them and love the look of a lowered car, but the ride still needs to be smooth, its a camaro not an import, (I can say that because i currently own two of them). Once I get my car I will have to drive in yours to get a feel of how the strut tower brace stiffens up the car. And from what I have also heard Chevy has beefed up the sway bars on the 12's.

Lets hope GM figures out what to do about the tranny issue. I wonder if its because of the Hurst shifter, when did they start coming out factory installed?

Not sure if I can make the Granatelli event I think I have to work. Let me know of any other upcoming events. If you give me about a months notice I normally can request that day off.

Sadly there aren't any updates on the progress of my car this week because of the factory being shut down this week. I will hope for a status update next week.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:10 AM   #9
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Drives: PSHHH UWISH
The wait and the buildup from anticipation is worth every second, enjoy it, also enjoy that new ride when she gets here, it comes quicker than you think!
Old 02-07-2012, 11:33 AM   #10
blade_ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farthestnorth View Post
The wait and the buildup from anticipation is worth every second, enjoy it, also enjoy that new ride when she gets here, it comes quicker than you think!
Thanks. I know it will be worth the wait.

You have an awesome looking car BTW.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:08 PM   #11
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Drives: PSHHH UWISH
Quote:
Thanks. I know it will be worth the wait.

You have an awesome looking car BTW.
Thank you sir as i am sure yours will also become yours when you get it. It takes time patience and a little money.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:34 PM   #12
blade_ss

Thought I would provide a small update.

Car was built 3/9/2012 and shipped out on the 12th. I live in Socal so it is taking forever for it to get here.

I already have parts waiting for install, blacked out side markers, skip shift eliminator, and a color matched heritage grill.

I already have it entered in a car show at a local dealer.

It has been almost a month since she has been built and I cant wait to take her for the first drive through the canyons to the beach.

Once she arrives I will post pictures of the installs. fingers crossed for it being this week.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:05 PM   #13
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Marcus... Do we detect heavy breathing, sighs, panting, pacing? It is this part of the wait that is a killer. My advice...heavy sedation.

Simi Valley, CA
Old 04-05-2012, 07:24 PM   #14
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Here yet???

Simi Valley, CA