Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-19-2023, 07:08 PM   #15
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flash View Post

I did told them about the Group designation and in the end I went with another battery: I bought an INTERSTATE battery.

It has a full warranty vs. the progressively scaled down warranty offered by the HANKOOK.

I had to call upon the warranty of a few times before so that is an important consideration.

I used and still use HANKOOK in my CHEVROLET EQUINOX V6, and they did honored warranty every time (three times actually) that set me thinking: is the only battery brand with which I had to present a claim against the warranty.

All the other ones I have had (DieHard, AC/DELCO, DEKA, MOTORCRAFT, YUASA) on my various cars & motorcycles died well after their warranties had expired, years later in fact.

The HANKOOKs gave me issues before their warranties went off.
Yes, the warranty was fully honored every time, but I rather take a chance with a brand that has serious rep for outlasting its warranty period.
Glad you found something to "fit the bill" for your Camaro! Interstate is a good choice. One thing about HANKOOK-- They are a tire manufacturer. I wouldn't trust ANYTHING else from them. Heck, I even had a set of their tires on my Mustang at one point, when I had it, didn't care for them either!
Old 12-19-2023, 09:44 PM   #16
The Flash

Drives: Firebird 95, Equinox 05, Camaro 2SS
You're right again... is like they slap their name left and right

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
Glad you found something to "fit the bill" for your Camaro! Interstate is a good choice. One thing about HANKOOK-- They are a tire manufacturer. I wouldn't trust ANYTHING else from them. Heck, I even had a set of their tires on my Mustang at one point, when I had it, didn't care for them either!
I get what you mean.

Is like they slap their brandname unto anything as long as it brings in profit.

Kind of what the firearms manufacturer CZ did in the '80s granting manufacturing licenses galore... and never followed up on quality control. Eventually the bad rep caught up with them. They haven't fully recovered.
Old 12-19-2023, 10:31 PM   #17
Infidel67
Life's just a Ride

Drives: 2011 Synergy Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Yeah you be OK with the Interstate Battery, we use some at work in forklifts and some pallet jacks, they pretty tough.
Old 12-20-2023, 01:21 AM   #18
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flash View Post

I did told them about the Group designation and in the end I went with another battery: I bought an INTERSTATE battery.

It has a full warranty vs. the progressively scaled down warranty offered by the HANKOOK.

I had to call upon the warranty a few times before so that is an important consideration.

I used and still use HANKOOK in my CHEVROLET EQUINOX V6, and they did honored warranty every time (three times actually).
That set me thinking: is the only battery brand with which I had to present a claim against the warranty.

All the other ones I had (DieHard, AC/DELCO, DEKA, MOTORCRAFT, YUASA) on my various cars & motorcycles died well after their warranties had expired, years later in fact.

The HANKOOKs gave me issues before their warranties went off.
Yes, the warranty was fully honored every time, but I rather take a chance with a brand that has serious rep for outlasting its warranty period.
Honestly, I'm the complete opposite when it comes to batteries. Every Interstate and Diehard battery I've ever bought, and even my parents have bought, had to be replaced under warranty 1-2 years later. The AC Delco that my Camaro came with 13 years ago is still in it so when it comes time to replace it, I'll probably go with AC Delco again.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2023, 04:57 AM   #19
Brutale arancia

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro
I have been using Diehard Gold for decades. Had them last as long as nine years in cold climate. Just had one fail at four years old. I think it's just another example of the general decline in quality that can be seen in most products these days. Insatiable greed magnified by the decline of traditional morals and values.
Brutale arancia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2023, 07:41 AM   #20
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutale arancia View Post
I have been using Diehard Gold for decades. Had them last as long as nine years in cold climate. Just had one fail at four years old. I think it's just another example of the general decline in quality that can be seen in most products these days. Insatiable greed magnified by the decline of traditional morals and values.
So totally true!! It's a shame. Things are NOT what they used to be, that's for sure.

Tags
battery, battery specs, fits the space