Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 12-12-2013, 03:32 PM   #71
rexdogg

Drives: 2013 IOM ZL1
I can add....Livernois did my '13 ZL1 (A6 automatic), 722 rwhp if I recall......don't know what it would do on the track, if I could get it to hook up.....I have a 550 hp Chevelle, and a 675 hp Camaro, and the ZL1 is by far, the most powerful (read insane) car I've ever driven.....rexx!
rexdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 05:16 PM   #72
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpower View Post
I have been reading this and one thing keeps coming to mind, Where in the world of drag racing does another racer tell you what he is doing and how he is doing it. On this forum people share info and then they get beat down or are called a cheat or liar. we raced Livernois racing and Dan Millen in 10.5 outlaw and they are stand up competitors. he has beaten us and we have beaten him, but nowere in the world have we shared racing information, Go put the time in at the track and the shop and formulate your own combo and beat the top car. Livernois has spent years of R&D and track time. So go do the work and become the #1 car
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 01:15 AM   #73
The Baron

Drives: 2013 zl1
I'm not calling anybody a cheat or a liar.. I'm just stating it's obvious they are doing something nobody else is.. you do not, repeat... do not run 140 mph traps in a 4200#+ car ( that's without a driver) at anywhere in the 700 wheel. Period.. can't change the laws of physics. . I find it interesting also this car has way way more done to it according to the description that the first "shop" car yet ran the same mph...

Trackman. Just when I started to get a handle on my car last year I pretty much roached my blower when the I.c pump was going bad on my trip to indy in the car then racing it all weekend trying to figure out what was going on. I'm replacing the rotor pack and changing the nitrous tuneup and the car WILL be joining you in the nines.. probably on 20's just because I'm going to prove it can be done.

2011 cts-v coupe (pinky) wifes car.. ls9 cam c.a.i. 11.44
2007 corvette vert ..retired..
2013 zl1 stock blower stock ci 20" wheels 10.36 135...so far..
The Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 08:18 PM   #74
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylftft View Post
Jess, I love your car & have no doubt its gonna set some really fast times, but just like my car people are going to say it doesn't count, your not stock cubic inches & you don't have the stock blower. I've already had people pm me about my car & one idiot that comments in every thread I've ever had about it tell me it won't count because I have turbos.
I understand your point Josh but if they don't like the categories tell them to make changes to the car categories in the fast list. I suspect livernois may say well of course that car is fast it has a 427...blah, blah, blah...
But if they want the worlds quickest ZL1 they will need another class because my car has a ZL1 vin number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespymaster View Post
As of today, no other shop that I'm aware of , has beat their times with builds for customer cars?
Here is a link to the fast list, for this forum this is where the records are kept:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21013

Category 11 is the ZL1 Camaro big boys. As of the time of me posting this message, the car currently on the top of the list was build by ADM. Watch this list because I suspect there will be changes in the next year.

The ZL1 list is a short list, not that many crazy drag racing ZL1's when you compare to category number 7, SS Camaro without stock displacement. And incidentally 8 of the SS's are faster in the quarter than the fastest ZL1. Like I said from the beginning there are some fast cars out there just not everyone sets up the car to run a quarter and makes a pass.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:54 AM   #75
ZL1RHINO

Drives: 2013 black on black
Yes I did get a quote from y'all was told 42,000 for that package his words exactly over the phone was that's what it cost to run 9's in a full weighted ZL1. why didn't I choose y'all two answers #1 The price is to steep for my pockets. & #2 because in my quote y'all state y'all remove the block and send it to LME why would I send my car out of state for y'all to send my motor one hour from my house. Please do not call me a liar either I do have the qoute printed out. Look its great the times y'all post but iam going to run 9's. I will do it for a price that's cheaper than that.
ZL1RHINO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 01:05 AM   #76
The Baron

42000 for the mods listed? lolol.. whoa.. I'm feeling pretty damn ok about my turd.. I bet for 35000 I can find that missing 5 mph.. lolol.. I am telling all of you. There is more here going on than your being told.. I'll just leave it at that.

Old 12-16-2013, 01:13 AM   #77
ZL1RHINO

Yes sir iam sure when they see they will say iam lying but I'll find a friend then who knows how to I guess can copy or whatever and post it on here.
Old 12-16-2013, 01:21 AM   #78
The Baron

No need for this.. This post is a friendly discussion. . Only reason to delete it would be to try and hide something.

Old 12-16-2013, 01:29 AM   #79
ZL1RHINO

Your right after all it is Christmas Time
Old 12-16-2013, 07:37 AM   #80
Andy@Livernois

Drives: 1987 Buick Regal Turbo-T
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1RHINO View Post
Yes I did get a quote from y'all was told 42,000 for that package his words exactly over the phone was that's what it cost to run 9's in a full weighted ZL1. why didn't I choose y'all two answers #1 The price is to steep for my pockets. & #2 because in my quote y'all state y'all remove the block and send it to LME why would I send my car out of state for y'all to send my motor one hour from my house. Please do not call me a liar either I do have the qoute printed out. Look its great the times y'all post but iam going to run 9's. I will do it for a price that's cheaper than that.
Just an FYI we are "lme" livernois motorsports and engineering... Hence, lme... If you were to carbon copy this build, yes it costs that much. This is a built engine, full suspension, wheels, tires, nitrous, converter, etc if you want a more budget build we can do that too... We do EVERYTHING in house, people send us engines to build, not the other way around...
Andy@Livernois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:07 AM   #81
Trackman

Drives: 67RS Camaro ,Black 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Is this quote a misprint?
My 9 second set up didn't come any where near that number. Even if you swap those number around it's not even close.
Trackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:32 AM   #82
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
Quote:
Yes I did get a quote from y'all was told 42,000 for that package his words exactly over the phone was that's what it cost to run 9's in a full weighted ZL1. why didn't I choose y'all two answers #1 The price is to steep for my pockets. & #2 because in my quote y'all state y'all remove the block and send it to LME why would I send my car out of state for y'all to send my motor one hour from my house. Please do not call me a liar either I do have the qoute printed out. Look its great the times y'all post but I am going to run 9's. I will do it for a price that's cheaper than that.
So you are saying that livernois sends their motors to LME in Houston?
well that I dont know for sure,but I for one would not have issues with that since that's who builds all lmr's motors and a lot of other tuner shops if they want it done right.
They are one of the best LS engine builders around,and yes you might be able to get the build done cheaper direct if you live close,but remember tuner shops have to make money,and can not pass on the price they get whole sale.
What would be the point..As i pointed out before the big shops offer up to a 3/36 warranty on the power train ,and that has a lot to do with what your paying for..if you break it just send the whole car back...
I know fastlane has a complete in house machine shop and does almost all of their own work,as does a lot of other shops,There are always things that have to be sent out from all shops..Its a network that helps support each other,I for one think its really rude to put down a shop based on price alone without all the facts..
Old 12-16-2013, 08:44 AM   #83
Andy@Livernois

Drives: 1987 Buick Regal Turbo-T
Again, just for clarification, we refer to ourselves internally as LME as it is an acronym for Livernois Motorsports and Engineering.
Andy@Livernois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:59 AM   #84
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverc5vert View Post
That's an odd comment... don't you think if they had one that was quicker, there would be videos or slips posted here?
Well I know its been said,but is this really a world record ? There are shops all over the world,and i am sure that in places like Russia etc.. that the times and builds in other countries are not posted here or even on sites we know of,if you really think about it..fastest times that we know of ,anyway ?