Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 06-19-2011, 09:36 AM   #1
Bbrock25

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS Inferno Orange
Installed my Pfadt drop springs but...

But the drivers side is lowered and looking good!! However the passenger side both front and back still are at stock height?? I installed them both back then both front and I'm 95% sure nothing on them is done incorrect. It's just odd that one side is being effected. Timed my bushings and all.

Anyone have any idea what could be the problem? :/

Thanks
Old 06-19-2011, 10:31 AM   #2
hypurone
I'm not totally useless..

Drives: ...
First thing that comes to mind is that you don't have the springs "timed" right in their saddles. There are steps in the perches that the ends of the spring need to sit it properly...

I would then verify the upper mounts and their orientation into the car.

Been awhile since I converted to CO's so trying to visualize the stock setup for more ideas..
Old 06-19-2011, 10:33 AM   #3
Blackwolf

Drives: 02 Grand Prix, 99 Z71 10 SS/RS
Something obviously isn't right, but you knew that already. Did you take the wheels back off and verify that EVERYTHING was reconnected properly? (Especially the sway bar end links?) And verify that the springs are properly oriented (rotated) in the cradle of the strut. edit: (I see that hypurone had suggested this also while I was composing this reply)

Was the car sitting in a static state, under it's entire weight when you timed the bushings?
"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."
Aaron Gold, About.com

Blackwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:52 AM   #4
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
When I lowered my rears, it did the same, I rolled it down the driveway and by the time I got out of the car, it had dropped to what it was supposed to drop to
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:55 AM   #5
TheRealMcCoy

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
When I lowered my rears, it did the same, I rolled it down the driveway and by the time I got out of the car, it had dropped to what it was supposed to drop to
Same here, I just drove it around the block then everything looked fine
Old 06-19-2011, 11:59 AM   #6
TJ91

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMcCoy View Post
Same here, I just drove it around the block then everything looked fine
lol I remember dropping it and going DAMN! Didnt do it right, roll it down the driveway..get out of the car...look at the rear and my face turned to this

Op have you tried rolling the car around yet?
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
Old 06-19-2011, 12:49 PM   #7
Bbrock25

Yea I drove it for 10 mins or so to town n back still the passengers side is up.

And yes the full weight of the car was on it when I timed them.
Old 06-19-2011, 12:54 PM   #8
TJ91

thats really odd. Though im no suspension guy. And I know what you mean about being 95% sure you installed it right, I was 100% too until the rears were staying raised, then i went down to 95% sure. Then they settled and I as back 100% sure I did them right. Now I have a creek and im back to 95% LOL
Im really not sure what could cause that, maybe it was when you timed your bushings, but then you said your drivers side is fine....hopefully someone who knows can post something in here
Old 06-19-2011, 01:27 PM   #9
Bbrock25

Yea I'm just really annoyed at the situation...
Old 06-19-2011, 02:06 PM   #10
TJ91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbrock25 View Post
Yea I'm just really annoyed at the situation...
I know what you mean, its probably an easy fix, did you pm Pfadt, their customer service is really good!
Old 06-19-2011, 02:10 PM   #11
TJ91

you know what, jack up the car and drop it again, it might just work even though it seems stupid to do so.
Old 06-19-2011, 02:57 PM   #12
Bbrock25

Yea I'm bout to go back out and take em off and check everything again and reinstall hoping this solves it
Old 06-19-2011, 03:01 PM   #13
Blackwolf

Drives: 02 Grand Prix, 99 Z71 10 SS/RS
Sounding more like spring orientation / rotation in the strut now. Take a good look.
"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."
Aaron Gold, About.com

Blackwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:01 PM   #14
TJ91

Good luck, let us know how it goes!