Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 02-20-2012, 03:50 PM   #15
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Whatever you are going to be shown had better not be an "instead of" the Z/28. We do not want a poor man's ZL1, we want a Z/28.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:12 PM   #16
Janet

Drives: 2015 Z06, 06 Silverado,
I've got your notes & will pass them on to the team. Keep posting them.

Janet
Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:13 PM   #17
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Wow!!! Been busy today and missed this.

I can make it real simple. Fbodfather asked if we would like the 1LE as shown. The answer is YES (we assume it has the ZL1 drivetrain)! it would compete well with the boss (that means it beats it). That being said quite a number of faithfuls to this section of the forum (self definately included) want a 5th Gen Z28, "Real" bad. Take the 1LE and transplant the LS7 in it and you have a boss LS competitor (killer). What a way to end the 5th Gen. If possible we would like to have a dealer installed Pedders Supercars system optional to the MRC. (did I say that right Pete?)

Thank you for your support.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:03 PM   #18
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post

I can make it real simple. Fbodfather asked if we would like the 1LE as shown. The answer is YES (we assume it has the ZL1 drivetrain)! it would compete well with the boss (that means it beats it). That being said quite a number of faithfuls to this section of the forum (self definately included) want a 5th Gen Z28, "Real" bad. Take the 1LE and transplant the LS7 in it and you have a boss LS competitor (killer). What a way to end the 5th Gen. If possible we would like to have a dealer installed Pedders Supercars system optional to the MRC. (did I say that right Pete?)

I was wondering when you and Lowdown would appear........
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:07 PM   #19
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Yeah I can't believe everyone started without us.

Been traveling for business most of today. BTW Pete owes me $5.00 if you see him.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:11 PM   #20
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:

"(we assume it has the ZL1 drivetrain)!"- just to clarify, that would be ZL1 drivetrain minus the LSA engine.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:13 PM   #21
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Yeah I can't believe everyone started without us.

Been traveling for business most of today. BTW Pete owes me $5.00 if you see him.
Im hoping he will show up in this thread and participate. You can get your money then.....
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:16 PM   #22
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpaws View Post
"(we assume it has the ZL1 drivetrain)!"- just to clarify, that would be ZL1 drivetrain minus the LSA engine.
Clyde
Yes thanks.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:17 PM   #23
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
Im hoping he will show up in this thread and participate. You can get your money then.....
He'd better.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:22 PM   #24
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
The disciples may also want to remind GM/Chevy that there are a lot of Z/28 diehards that have been waiting for a loooooooong time. The following photoshop was done at my request at least four or five years ago.
Clyde
Attached Images

wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:49 PM   #25
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Hello Janet,

We have spent countless hours discussing the 5th Gen Z/28 with our friends here on Camaro5. The wheel and tire package should be square -- the same size front and rear. While many would really like to see our 305/30/19 package or something close to it would be good.

Please let all the disciples know how much we appreciate their work on the 5th Gen and look forward to the results of you hard work on the 6th Gen.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:23 PM   #26
427camaro

Drives: 2011 HTR-454SS Camaro, 87 Buick GN
Hi Janet,
I know the LS7 has been mentioned, but I want to chime in here so that you realize it's not just a few people that seek the LS7 in a camaro. There are many, and it would make the Z28 a very special car. I can afford a new SS now, but am holding out for an LS7 Z28. I've been looking at the tuner cars that offer an LS7 conversion (And have driven several), and they are most likely a bit out of my reach right now money wise. An LS7 built camaro from GM would fit many more buyers budgets.

If the LS can not be included in a standard configuration camaro, (IE All Z28's get an LS7), then make it an option I can order with a check box on the order form for a new camaro. GM has many great performance parts available for the camaro, Going with the "check Box" option would allow buyers to build their dream car as they want it. IE --
Check box to add the LS7
Check Box to add ZL1 Drivetrain & Coolers.
Check Box to add Pedders Supercar Coilover Suspension
You get the idea... The more options we can choose from the better.
I'm sure others will post the ideal car we seek in a Z28, but those 3 above are often key options mentioned in the past.

Many here, including me, seek a 5th Gen Z28, but it must be worthy of the Z28 name, not just an SS/LS3 with a few extra bolt on's & Z28 badges, but a real street/track performer.

Thanks
John
427camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:22 PM   #27
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
To me the 1LE as is is pretty close to being worthy of Z28. That's assuming the trans, clutch and rear end are upgraded. I think an LS3 would be fine and if there is a way to mildly bump horsepower I'm all for it. I would love a Camaro with an LS7 but I personally believe it would be hard to build without approaching ZL1 cost. I love the SS but would like something a little more. What I don't want is another supercar Camaro for me to read about and admire without being able to purchase.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:10 PM   #28
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
To me the 1LE as is is pretty close to being worthy of Z28. That's assuming the trans, clutch and rear end are upgraded. I think an LS3 would be fine and if there is a way to mildly bump horsepower I'm all for it. I would love a Camaro with an LS7 but I personally believe it would be hard to build without approaching ZL1 cost. I love the SS but would like something a little more. What I don't want is another supercar Camaro for me to read about and admire without being able to purchase.
The LS3 1LE is not going to do 1320 ft any faster than our SS cars and if we wanted to track our cars, we could Pedderize an SS for cheaper then the LS3 1LE would be priced at. Need the LS7 with the Z/28 badge......

One thing that concerns me is that if a Z/28 does not come out for the 2013 model year and the 1LE does then I have to ask if they are going to bother at all to build a Z/28 for the 5th gen. Assuming that the 6th gen comes out in 2015 as a 2016 model, we are running out of time.

Even if they did, how would a Z/28 differ from a 1LE or a ZL1? The Corvette guys pretty much let it slip that the LS7 won't be around for the C7 Corvette (next year) so if ever there was a time to pursuade the engineering powers that be to hold on to the LS7 until the end of the 5thgen, now is the time to put that engine into a camaro.

Tags
where's our z/28?