Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 02-13-2010, 06:32 AM   #1
Deric884

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Question Involving 4.10 gears & Bushings

Hey all,

Sorry if this question is obvious but I'm still learning here.

I did a bunch of research on the Richmond gears using this forum (thanks for all the posts guys, extremely helpful) and ordered a set from ZZ Motorsports. Excited, can't wait to get them.

I'm not the most experienced mechanic, so I plan on having them installed.

Which leads to my question:

What's this deal with the Pedders/PFADT busings? Is changing the bushings something that is necessary or preferred when changing to new gears?

The only reason I ask is because a few posts here people seem to have gotten them done at the same time. It may be a coincidence, but I would be pretty stupid if I didn't use the great resource that this forum is to just ask the question and see what the reason is.

Just trying to figure out whether I need/should get those bushings before I do install.

Thanks in advance for all the help.
Deric884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 06:53 AM   #2
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
I have them installed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deric884 View Post
Hey all,

Sorry if this question is obvious but I'm still learning here.

I did a bunch of research on the Richmond gears using this forum (thanks for all the posts guys, extremely helpful) and ordered a set from ZZ Motorsports. Excited, can't wait to get them.

I'm not the most experienced mechanic, so I plan on having them installed..
Welcome and we are here to help...

I have the gears installed in my SS. Picked it up last night.

First you need to read my review...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65529

Second, you are going to want to have them installed FOR SURE. This is NOT a job for the novice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deric884 View Post
Which leads to my question:

What's this deal with the Pedders/PFADT busings? Is changing the bushings something that is necessary or preferred when changing to new gears?

The only reason I ask is because a few posts here people seem to have gotten them done at the same time. It may be a coincidence, but I would be pretty stupid if I didn't use the great resource that this forum is to just ask the question and see what the reason is.

Just trying to figure out whether I need/should get those bushings before I do install.

Thanks in advance for all the help.
You want them. The stockers are spongy and promote movement in the differential leading to wheel hop... BAD

They will need to remove your pumpkin to do the gear job so the bushings are right there in your face. You might as well do it. Its one of those things, they are cheap, the install is cheap if the rear end is out... just do it. It will protect other parts from snapping due to wheel hop.

You will LOVE the 4.10s. Not sure ehat else you have done to your car but also pair the 4.10s with a good short throw shifter and a tune and it is like driving a totally different car!!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote