Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 12-24-2013, 09:50 PM   #1
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Rear subframe bushing inserts

For those who have used the inserts, whose do you have? I can get a decent deal on the BMR ones but I don't know if I want the BMR ones after seeing caverman's review. Anyone else make some that are a little more stout?

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 09:59 PM   #2
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Inserts or full bushings. If I was to go through the trouble of unbolting the cradle I would just heat the cradle up and push the whole factory bushings out and be done with it.
2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 10:00 PM   #3
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
I installed the Pedder's inserts and am very pleased with them. Car feels more planted and predictable.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 11:03 PM   #4
lscamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo White View Post
Inserts or full bushings. If I was to go through the trouble of unbolting the cradle I would just heat the cradle up and push the whole factory bushings out and be done with it.
I'm really only looking to do inserts. I'll never make enough power to benefit from a full so would rather not deal with the full bushing replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gahammerle View Post
I installed the Pedder's inserts and am very pleased with them. Car feels more planted and predictable.
I definitely want pedders inserts but with the current issues their having, I want to have another option in case I can't get theirs

Old 12-24-2013, 11:27 PM   #5
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Wonder how you heard about the deal on the BMR ones lol

I am leaning towards inserts since our v6 don't make enough power to reap the full benefits of the actual bushings. What was cavemans review of them?
Old 12-24-2013, 11:49 PM   #6
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
I have whiteline. They make pedders, durameter is about as stiff and half the cost. I have the upper rear arm bushes as well and they all seem to work fine.
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 11:51 PM   #7
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post

I am leaning towards inserts since our v6 don't make enough power to reap the full benefits of the actual bushings. What was cavemans review of them?
Bmr and energy are the same. Soft durameter also.
Old 12-24-2013, 11:54 PM   #8
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo White View Post

despite some saying its not worth it because of their power level. Imo the inserts are like a band aid, but I understand why people get them bc they do work. I just believe if you're going to spend the $ to do this particular mod, just get the full bushings and be done with it, never have to worry about it again.

After seeing cavermans review, I'd definitely go with Pfadt or ADM's bushings.
Old 12-25-2013, 12:00 AM   #9
UF4LIFE102SS
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 2 SS
Wheres his review?
Old 12-25-2013, 12:34 AM   #10
lscamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post

That's not the deal I'm talking about lol. Found a way better one
Caverman took the energy suspension ones out and put in the pedders and states the pedders are way better because they are way stiffer. I believe the thread is titled "Out with Energy... In with Pedders"

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Baron View Post
I have whiteline. They make pedders, durameter is about as stiff and half the cost. I have the upper rear arm bushes as well and they all seem to work fine.
That's what I've been hearing as well. Don't know how true it is but if it's nearly as stiff as the pedders bushings, I'll take it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty View Post

despite some saying its not worth it because of their power level. Imo the inserts are like a band aid, but I understand why people get them bc they do work. I just believe if you're going to spend the $ to do this particular mod, just get the full bushings and be done with it, never have to worry about it again.

After seeing cavermans review, I'd definitely go with Pfadt or ADM's bushings.
I too believe the "just spend what u need and be done" but the fact that I'll never touch power levels to even need full poly bushings yet alone full aluminum ones is the reason I don't want the full replacements. Not even supercharged will we ever need them so I don't want to spend 2-3 times more than I need to. I also don't autocross, might in the future but not at this time so I just want something that'll help in drag racing and good for a daily driver too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UF4LIFE102SS View Post
Wheres his review?
I believe the thread is titled "Out with Energy... In with Pedders"

Old 12-25-2013, 12:49 AM   #11
lscamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 130R View Post
^ For what it's worth, I'm over 500 wheel, and the inserts made the biggest improvement. That is, I'm now running Pedders EP1201's, and if the inserts made a 70% improvement, I'd say the EP1201's added another 20%. Even with 500+ WHP, the inserts were impressive. I got the EP1201's for 1/2 price, and to be honest, though they made an improvement, knowing what I know now, and if I had to pay full price, I'd just spend a little more and go solid mount instead.
I completely understand where you're coming from. But current supercharged v6s are making maybe 400 rwhp at best. Hopefully that changes with future better tuning but right now it's what it's at. The inserts are probably good enough for that power. Then I'm NA so I'm making maybe 250 being hopeful right now.

Old 12-25-2013, 11:15 AM   #12
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

That's what I've been hearing as well. Don't know how true it is but if it's nearly as stiff as the pedders bushings, I'll take it.
Check with JDP as they told me what the numbers were. I think whiteline was 4 to 5 points less in durameter as Pedders, though for now pedders may be a moot point
Old 12-25-2013, 11:41 AM   #13
lscamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Baron View Post
Check with JDP as they told me what the numbers were. I think whiteline was 4 to 5 points less in durameter as Pedders, though for now pedders may be a moot point
Interesting. Thanks for sharing that. Yea if they're close, that'll be perfect for me considering where Pedders is at now.

Old 12-25-2013, 12:08 PM   #14
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
I had BMR inserts. Don't waste your money! I ended up replacing with Pedders full poly bushings.
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote