Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-10-2014, 09:13 AM   #1
nuflat

Drives: 2017 Camaro RS 2LT Nightfall Grey
Tried to get Mylink updated

So I took my car in last week since I have been having issues with the Mylink locking up, etc. The service advisor called me and told me that it needed a software update and that would probably take care of the issues. Supposedly they did it since they kept my car for 1/2 a day. When I went to pick it up the invoice showed that they updated the software and so I hopped in the car plugged in my iPhone and drove off the lot.

A minute later while I was sitting at a light, it froze up on me. I unplugged the USB and plugged it back in and nothing. I drove home frustrated listening to XM since the Bluetooth would not work either, except for making calls. Go figure. I had this issue before so I plugged in my iPod Classic and ran into the same issues with it locking up. So I wondered if the update was actually done.

I had taken a picture about 3 weeks ago of the software version because I was trying to compare to what was on this site as to what was current. I pulled the photo back up and compared it to what it currently showed on screen and it was the same. 23121110. It appears to me they didn't update the software. Am I missing something or did they lie to me saying they did the update? Shouldn't the version change?
nuflat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:44 AM   #2
IH8OPEC
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Drives: 2010 VR/W 2SS/RS L99
Are you sure the issue is with MyLink and not your Crapple device? If it worked before then I'd check to see if the Crapple device has had an update recently!

Sorry, Android FTW.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:51 AM   #3
nuflat

Well fortunately it's not, it has been an issue since the first day I bought the car however finding the time to take it to the dealer and leave it, etc is not convienent to do on a regular basis. I can plug my "Crapple device(s)" into my wife's RAV4 and they work flawlessly. However, I do appreciate your useless post!
Old 03-10-2014, 11:05 AM   #4
IH8OPEC
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Drives: 2010 VR/W 2SS/RS L99
You're welcome! Too many people blame the car and not the flawed device they plug in!

Call another dealer and ask what the latest SW version is for MyLink, you can then know for sure if the dealer dry humped you!
Old 03-10-2014, 11:29 AM   #5
LuSe4

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
Sorry about your issues, OP. If the software version is the same number, then no, they did not do any updates.

It does seem like there are a lot more problems with Apple devises than with Android devices connecting from what I have read. My Mylink has worked flawlessly both plugged in and through Bluetooth with my Galaxy S4.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:36 PM   #6
Jalberdi99

Drives: 2014 Summit White 2SS/RS M6
I had the update done about a year ago and I got the 23135479 version EO.OD.OD.OD
Attached Images

Last edited by Jalberdi99; 03-10-2014 at 12:47 PM.
Jalberdi99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 02:30 PM   #7
nuflat

So a service manager from the dealership called me about my issue and asked me to drop the car off and they would give me a loaner. I did that and showed and explained what was going on and they saw first hand. I was told after I talked to a service manager that there were 2 types of updates they can do on the Mylink. One which he said updates software but does not change the version that you see on the Mylink screen and the other is one that is done via the USB which he said will change the version number.

Currently I have version 23121110 E0.0D.0D.0D. Evidently there is a newer version and that is what they are going to flash my system with. They kept my car overnight and called me late yesterday to tell me that they updated the system and they are confident that it fixed my issues, but they wanted to keep it overnight just to make sure. I am waiting for a call from them to see when I can pick it up and try it out.

On another note I had mentioned that the blower speed that displays on screen was freezing up and at times it would show the fan off when it was on and vice versa. He printed out and gave me a TSB which says that "Engineering has deemed this a normal characteristic and that currently there is not intent to develop a repair for this condition." Which I thought was kind of flakey on GM's part.

Update:

So the service manager called me back and said that they want to keep the car for another night because it is still having issues. They have tried multiple devices and it still locks up, and then he proceeded to tell me that they found another 2013 they had which was in for service and tested it and it did similar and that they are on the phone with GM techs to try and figure out the issue. He said they did have an iPhone with 200 songs on it and tried it and it played immediately and indexed quickly. I said of course it would it only has 200 songs. But how many people have a device with just 200 songs on it? Nobody I know does unless it's a Nano or small flash drive.

I have a feeling they are going to tell me that it is something they can't fix and in that case I am wondering what my options are. Because when I bought the vehicle I was showed and told that it would work with iPhones and iPods and if it doesn't that means I was basically sold something that is defective. Now if they told me that it works fine with Android and might work with Apple that would be a different story.

Last edited by nuflat; 03-13-2014 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Update
Old 03-13-2014, 05:30 PM   #8
libertyforall

Drives: '01 Camaro SS 'Vert; '02 Camaro RS
OP: Which iPhone do you have and which iOS version? If less than iOS 7.1 on a device that supports it, try updating it to the latest available.

Last edited by libertyforall; 03-13-2014 at 05:44 PM.
libertyforall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:11 PM   #9
nuflat

I have a 5S and I just updated to 7.1 when it was released the other day. According to the service manager from what the GM techs told him was that the 5S wasn't on their lists of supported devices for MyLink.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:03 PM   #10
nuflat

Well the dealership has had my car since 3/12 and no solution. The tech support at GM said that I am SOL and to just give it back to the customer. What kind of crappy service is that from GM or is this common with them? They went and tested a 2104 and it worked fine. Go figure. Amazing that they are willing to just do that to a customer.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:35 PM   #11
libertyforall

Sounds like all that is needed is a firmware/OS update. Problem is that GM seems to abandon each model year after the next year comes out. Hopefully that will change now that they are FINALLY adding an application store and LTE to 2015 models...

IMHO all these updates should be able to be done by any consumer by downloading to a USB Flash Drive in the interim! It should not require a visit to a GM shop!

I would try to find out if there is a website, phone number or service you can check to be notified immediately when they come out with an update. This should be easy to find from Chevrolet on their Camaro homepage under support, but obviously is not. It could show something like this:
http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1732

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuflat View Post
Well the dealership has had my car since 3/12 and no solution. The tech support at GM said that I am SOL and to just give it back to the customer. What kind of crappy service is that from GM or is this common with them? They went and tested a 2104 and it worked fine. Go figure. Amazing that they are willing to just do that to a customer.

Last edited by libertyforall; 03-17-2014 at 04:45 PM.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:42 PM   #12
nuflat

They did all the software and firmware updates they could. You would think it would resolve the issue. I even went and purchased a new iPod thinking that might fix it but nope.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:05 PM   #13
libertyforall

Lightbulb

Yea, but clearly there is either some software, firmware or hardware difference between your 2013 and the 2014 MyLink... If just the first two, they should make that available to everyone from earlier model years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuflat View Post
They did all the software and firmware updates they could. You would think it would resolve the issue. I even went and purchased a new iPod thinking that might fix it but nope.
Old 03-18-2014, 02:28 AM   #14
jonboy71

Drives: 2013 HWSE 2LT
fyi, i have another thread where my iphone 5 worked fine until i updated to ios 7.1. now i get an error message sayin "please try again" that pops up over the main screen and when you try to clear it, it changes the source. if you leave the message up, the source will play and you can tell it's working properly, so not sure why the error pops up. the main problem other than the error box coverin the screen is if you try to make any changes, go in reverse, change volume, etc, the source will change. very frustrating to say the least.

does anyone know the current software version?
jonboy71 is offline   Reply With Quote