Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-13-2023, 06:57 PM   #1
LittleRedSS10

Drives: 2010 chevy camaro SS
(upgraded key fob) help

I am absolutely lost with this upgraded key fob. my original flip key had seen its better days so i stumbled onto the so called key fob upgrade and for 12 bucks why not. so after man handling the old fob to get it unsealed, how people do it so easy is beyond me but i put the og board into the new key shell and used the old (recall) key to go get it cut after that came home went to turn the key and...…..disappointment. so i stared here on maybe it needs to be reprogramed to the car tried that which leads to after turning the only good key i have and then turning it with the upgrade key it cranks but the anti theft light is on but after you turn it back off it wont crank again unless you use the other key so went to gm dealer and they just kind of were like huh well try switching out to the old blade, did that same results. so now pretty much at a loss before buying just a whole new key if anyone else has had this problem.
LittleRedSS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 11:25 PM   #2
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
No clue. When I did mine, all I had to do was switch the boards and the blades and mine worked perfect, no issues what so ever. Only thing I can think of is maybe take the new apart and double check everything. Maybe you damaged the board somehow.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 07:01 AM   #3
Junker80

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Was the fob on the seat and the key in the ignition when trying to start or something? Modern cars have transponders and receivers for the antitheft system. Make sure the keyfob is close to the ignition cylinder while starting.
Junker80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 09:14 AM   #4
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junker80 View Post
Was the fob on the seat and the key in the ignition when trying to start or something? Modern cars have transponders and receivers for the antitheft system. Make sure the keyfob is close to the ignition cylinder while starting.
He was trying to use the switch blade fob, not the key...
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 10:31 AM   #5
CAMARO_HEAVEN
Big John

Drives: Wife 2013 Camaro 2SSRS / ME?
I bought a 15 SS it only came with one key and no remote!
I bought a pair of new aftermarket flip keys had them cut them also with just a picture of my key. Received them easy to program. Put working key in ignition turned to on position without starting car waited for security lock light to go off. Turned ignition off pulled key out and put unprogramed flip key in turned to run position waited for security lock light to go off.
Turned to off position took key out of ignition. Put new flip key in turned to run then crank and car started. Turned car off got out of car locked it. Then tried all functions worked flawlessly. Under $50 for 2 switchblade fobs with keys cut.
CAMARO_HEAVEN is offline   Reply With Quote