Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 08-14-2014, 05:51 AM   #1
AllBlackSS

Drives: 2010 SS
Old sub/amp install to new sub/amp install

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone could give me any tips here. When I bought the car, it already had a 10" Infinity Bass Link installed in it. When I look at the back there is no RCA or remote wires. There is only power, ground, and user interface wires (not really sure what those are as I've never seen them before). My question is this, if I wanted to install something else would I have to run remote and RCA wires? Thanks
Attached Images

AllBlackSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 02:17 PM   #2
Texzen

Drives: 2013 SW 2SS/RS/1LE
My guess is that this was tapped into the factory harness "pre-amplifaction". If you pull the carpet and plastic back panel out of the trunk, you'll see on the back driver's side where this is done.

FWIW and what I feel is the best best bang for the buck (& doesn't require cutting/mangling of the wiring harness) hit up ********.com and order the "Plug & Play RCA Output T-Harness". Plugs right in/inline and gives you an RCA feed to run your sub(s) and amp off of.

Good luck!
Texzen is offline   Reply With Quote