Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

Old 10-30-2012, 02:15 PM   #1
floutier84

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
DYNO locations

I'll be back from Afghanistan in a couple of weeks and I'll be throwing on some headers/intake.
I know a guy that used to tune my SRT4 over email tunes through the Diablo and he is going to tune my Camaro through my InTune.
It's much easier to Datalog and get AFR's etc while on a dyno but I have never been to one here in WA.
I live in Lacey and work on JBLM. Does anyone know of any local dyno's and prices?
Thanks!
K&N INTAKE
DIABLO INTUNE- TUNED BY BRIAN @ DRAG-ON TUNING

SJMAUTOPROD INTERIOR LIGHTING KIT FTW!
floutier84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:29 PM   #2
TravisTrout
Hot roddin' Steamfitter!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 CGM
I've asked this question before and it seems like we have 2 options here in Washington. Tom Wong in Vancouver or Alex at Carb Connection(425-820-1871) in Kirkland. I went to Alex because he is alot closer for me(Federal Way). Nice guy,cool shop, but I had to go back to him a few days after my initial tune and have him re-tune after my check engine light came on again. It was an o2 sensor issue from the headers. I'm seriously thinking of heading to Tom's one of these days to see if my current tune is up to snuff. I'm not cool with leaving HP/TQ on the table.
Oh yeah, Alex had a deal when I went to him for $350, regularly $500. No sure about Tom.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:19 AM   #3
floutier84

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
Since I'm having someone else tune my car. I will want to do it like this.
Upload my new tune with the Diablo Intune.
Dyno the car and datalog, sending my tuner the datalog and AFRs etc.
Have him tweak the tune (takes 5 mins) and send it back to me.
Upload the tune and do another dyno pull, datalogging again.
Continue the process until complete.
This wouldn't even need to happen if I had a wideband gauge, but I don't, plus getting my HP/TQ numbers is a nice bonus.
K&N INTAKE
DIABLO INTUNE- TUNED BY BRIAN @ DRAG-ON TUNING

SJMAUTOPROD INTERIOR LIGHTING KIT FTW!
floutier84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:14 AM   #4
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Tom and Alex use different dynos. Haven't had any experience with Tom, but I have with Alex for just a dyno day. In my opinion (formed after talking to a few mechanic friends...), he has the Dynojet calibrated low to try and sell you stuff you don't need, and he's a sexist pig on top of it. (pm me if you want the whole story)
Old 10-31-2012, 07:53 AM   #5
Applegarth

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro 2SS
There's a place called TMS Performance in Auburn. They use a Mustang dyno instead of a Dynojet. I have been there twice, last time was just last week getting new numbers after my cam install.

It's a Mustang shop (TMS stands for The Mustang Shop). Location is about 30 mins from McChord side of JBLM and they offer a military discount. Standard price for a few pulls is somewhere around 80-90, but you can also rent it hourly which sounds like what you will want. They also let you drive your own car if you ask

But, since it's geared towards mustangs the datalogging is not perfect; they log MAF voltage instead of frequency, so you would need to disconnect their setup and hook your datalogger up when tuning, then switch to their setup for the numbers. They have an OBD splitter so you can both hook up, but it slowed my HPTuner down so much it was useless. They log spark advance though, so you can see if the computer is pulling any timing.