Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 02-21-2012, 05:14 PM   #1
gutterball

Drives: 2014 1LS M6 Supercharged
Send a message via AIM to gutterball
adding gauges to the Camaro

If anyone is interested
I added two gauges in the 2" strip that runs accross the dash. a Oil Pres. gauge and a Batt. Volt. (1st picture) I purchased the Digital Gauges on Ebay from Jennyear. Email (couku@hotmail.com) The part nr is a 0 - 9.99 V meter (Blue) # 140697143719 or 090124. cost is about $5 if you place a bid or $9.95 to buy it outright. ( the shipment is free). Your Oil Pres sending unit (2nd picture) puts out a volt, approx 3v. I tapped into the top wire on the connector ( white and tan) and feed the wire into the Passenger compartment tru a small hole located on the firewall. ( follow the Red wire from your Batt. Lead, in the Eng. Compartment) (3rd picture) where it goes through , about 6" above the Red Lead and just slightly to the right of it, you will find a hole with a gromlet. The gromlet pushes through very easily, now go in the car and push back the rug by the clutch and bring the wire from the sending unit , feed under the dash. The 2" strip on your Dash, snaps in, very carefully pry it off, ( I used a plastic stick I had) I used the vents in the center to allign the 2 holes for the gauges, When you remove the center Strip, you will see small holes, find a hole just above the vents (behind the center strip, open up the Passenger compartment door, now get a coathanger and feed it through from the the hole in the center strip to the campartment door ( there is an opening to the top of the Passinger door)This is how you will bring the wires into the car, now run your wires under the side of the center dash into the center compartment (between the Driver and Passenger seats)(4th picture) I took the 12V Power Plug in the center compartment and hooked it up to Two Terminal strips (one for + and one for -) I use this now for any additions I might want to add. When connecting the Batt.
gauge, connect the white and red wire together and connect to 12v., blk to gnd. Be carefull when you make the openings for the Meters, make the opening slightly smaller then file the sides untill you get a nice tight fit.

Last edited by gutterball; 02-17-2013 at 07:42 PM.
gutterball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:32 PM   #2
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
post them, i like to see what members come up with.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:42 PM   #3
Steve
Ancalagon The Black

Drives: 2013 Silverado 4X4, 2010 RJT 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gutterball View Post
If anyone is interested
I added two gauges in the 2" strip that runs accross the dash. a Oil Pres. gauge and a Batt. Volt. (1st picture) I purchased the Digital Gauges on Ebay from Jennyear. Email (couku@hotmail.com) The part nr is a 0 - 9.99 V meter (Blue) # 140697143719 or 090124. cost is about $5 if you place a bid or $9.95 to buy it outright. ( the shipment is free). Your Oil Pres sending unit (2nd picture) puts out a volt, approx 3v. I tapped into the top wire on the connector ( white and tan) and feed the wire into the Passenger compartment tru a small hole located on the firewall. ( follow the Red wire from your Batt. Lead, in the Eng. Compartment) (3rd picture) where it goes through , about 6" above the Red Lead and just slightly to the right of it, you will find a hole with a gromlet. The gromlet pushes through very easily, now go in the car and push back the rug by the clutch and bring the wire from the sending unit , feed under the dash. The 2" strip on your Dash, snaps in, very carefully pry it off, ( I used a plastic stick I had) I used the vents in the center to allign the 2 holes for the gauges, When you remove the center Strip, you will see small holes, find a hole just above the vents (behind the center strip, open up the Passenger compartment door, now get a coathanger and feed it through from the the hole in the center strip to the campartment door ( there is an opening to the top of the Passinger door)This is how you will bring the wires into the car, now run your wires under the side of the center dash into the center compartment (between the Driver and Passenger seats)(4th picture) I took the 12V Power Plug in the center compartment and hooked it up to Two Terminal strips (one for + and one for -) I use this now for any additions I might want to add. When connecting the Batt.
gauge, connect the white and red wire together and connect to 12v., blk to gnd. Be carefull when you make the openings for the Meters, make the opening slightly smaller then file the sides untill you get a nice tight fit.
No pics!
Old 02-21-2012, 05:58 PM   #4
gutterball

Drives: 2014 1LS M6 Supercharged
Send a message via AIM to gutterball
for some reason, it wont let me send all my pictures, I ran the wires under the side flap of the center console. I then opened the center console and drilled a small hole toward the front left , I poked a coathanger tru the hole, untill it came out under the side flap, I then taped the wires to the coathanger and pulled the wires into the center console, were I then connected to 12V
gutterball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 03:16 PM   #5
Chimera

Drives: Camaro RS 2013
pics

Hey, can you send me pics of your oil pressure gauge install to vladampire@gmail.com

thank you so much.
Chimera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 07:23 PM   #6
mrsturko

Drives: Chevy Camaro, LS Swap Ford Mustang
Can you also send me pictures? mrsturko@gmail.com
mrsturko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 09:16 AM   #7
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
just post the pics on the DIY thread for everyone to use.
Old 01-17-2023, 10:24 AM   #8
joshnmn
2&THEHIT

Drives: 5th Gen Camaro; 5th Gen Ram 3500
This thread is over 8 years old...
joshnmn is offline   Reply With Quote