Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 09-08-2009, 09:47 AM   #85
Nashional

Drives: 2010 Ford Mustang GT Premium
District Rep just called to get more information about my case with GM. They said they will make this right.

I have kept everything I've been given and dates and times of conversations with names.

This thread is also a diary of events...

Had a new problem I noticed over the weekend (which I told the district rep about). The onStar light was red. I called them and they ran a diagnostics which showed that the backup battery was dead for the onStar system and will need to be replaced.
Nashional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:10 PM   #86
Scarlett'sOtherRide

Drives: RJT Like the 67 and 69 before her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashional View Post
Had a new problem I noticed over the weekend (which I told the district rep about). The onStar light was red. I called them and they ran a diagnostics which showed that the backup battery was dead for the onStar system and will need to be replaced.
Scarlett'sOtherRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:43 PM   #87
Nashional

Well, the car went back in the shop this morning. They game me an Impala to drive this time.

I also started having problems rolling up the driver window, but re-indexing seemed to fix it.

So, this is day 65 of the vibration issues and 25 (business) days it's been in the shop since then...
Old 09-15-2009, 02:24 PM   #88
Scarlett'sOtherRide

Drives: RJT Like the 67 and 69 before her.
Quote:
Well, the car went back in the shop this morning. They game me an Impala to drive this time.

I also started having problems rolling up the driver window, but re-indexing seemed to fix it.

So, this is day 65 of the vibration issues and 25 (business) days it's been in the shop since then...
Was so hoping for a better update. Sorry man
Scarlett'sOtherRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 02:45 PM   #89
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
just wondering if the noise behind the glove box was fixed? If not, here is a post I copied/pasted from another thread that might help your dealer...

I just got the new part put on my car today. The noise is gone. No weird noises coming from behind the glove box at rpms. The coffee maker has been removed (thats kind of what it sounded like in my car - a ticking/water moving type sound).

So if you're experiencing any weird sounds coming from behind your glove box just take your car to the dealer and they should know what it is and order you the part.

Here's the description of what was done.

Checked and installed coolant restictor as e per TBS 09-01-37-001 for noise from heater area.

Parts
- 10188036 - valve as
- 12337820 - strap, I/
- 1470030 - clamp
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 04:41 PM   #90
Nashional

Thanks for that information.

I don't know if I still have this problem (haven't been riding the car too hard because of the vibration).
Old 09-16-2009, 03:49 PM   #91
Nashional

Just hung up the phone with the dealer. They said the vibration is fixed!

They need to repaint the bumper where the other service center tried to fix it and they've already replaced the onStar backup battery.

I should be able to pick it up Friday (fingers crossed).
Old 09-16-2009, 05:00 PM   #92
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
keeping my fingers crossed for you as well. Keep us posted. Good luck.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 05:19 PM   #93
Rick James

Drives: 2010 Camaro
These issues don't sound overly uncommon. I had my first camaro exchanged via the lemon laws... I'm still dealing with several issues in my new car, which are air whistles and ticking on start up, which is cause by low oil pressure from what i'm told... It's a new F in car!!!

To think I sold my old corvette for this POS makes me sick to my stomach...
Rick James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 05:37 PM   #94
rodimus prime
Account Suspended

Drives: Cargo van.
Quote:
I still haven't heard back from GM. I'll keep this thread updated as I know more.

I would hope they pay something. But what about OnStar, XM radio, Insurance? I'm still paying for all those services but not getting to use them.

Bro your xm issue is the trees. Go out on an open road and make a video of it doing that. You said it doesnt do it when driving south or with the sunroof open. Well it picks its signal up from the south, thats why. As for the sunroof....coincidence? I dont know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick James View Post
These issues don't sound overly uncommon. I had my first camaro exchanged via the lemon laws... I'm still dealing with several issues in my new car, which are air whistles and ticking on start up, which is cause by low oil pressure from what i'm told... It's a new F in car!!!

To think I sold my old corvette for this POS makes me sick to my stomach...
LOL seriously. The ls3 thats in the corvette too is a POS. LOL. wow.
rodimus prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 05:46 PM   #95
Nashional

Bro, I know. But only when the sunroof is open. IT'S A DESIGN FLAW! I don't know any other way to say it.

What don't we understand about this? If it works with the sunroof closed (and it does), then doesn't work with the sunroof open on the exact same stretch of road, then the sunroof is the issue. So the car was designed in such a way to block the XM signal while the sunroof is open. That is a design flaw. Unless they purposely chose to do this?

Would a video showing both ways in one continuous shot help?

And the XM in the text you quoted was about me not being able to use XM for a month while the car was in the shop, so I hope they compensate me for at least a month of my subscription.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:29 PM   #96
skipj3
Go Gators Baby!!!

Drives: '11 2SS M6
Quote:
Bro, I know. But only when the sunroof is open. IT'S A DESIGN FLAW! I don't know any other way to say it.
Your not holding your mouth right.

The Department of Redundancy Department
skipj3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:14 PM   #97
Nashional

skipj3, I'll try that on the way home with the (fixed) car tomorrow.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:10 PM   #98
skipj3
Go Gators Baby!!!

Drives: '11 2SS M6
Quote:
skipj3, I'll try that on the way home with the (fixed) car tomorrow.
Good Luck!

The Department of Redundancy Department
skipj3 is offline   Reply With Quote