Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 10-14-2009, 04:06 PM   #1
tradosaurus
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 F150 Lariat, Candy Red
Wet paint glaze product

Has anyone used this product on their Camaro?

What do you think of the claims made at this website?

http://www.wetpaintglaze.com/story.html
tradosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 04:08 PM   #2
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
ummm....no thanks.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 05:12 PM   #3
NVMY68SS
Drives #296

Drives: 1968 Camaro SS - 350/5 Speed
I don't see anything wrong with it...........there are a lot of GREAT products out there that don't start with a friggin Z...........I've used the Z product and all I can say is, it's not for me and if anyone wants a good deal on a half used Z-2, Z-5 and a whole bottle of that Z-CS crap, let me know. I'm getting a GREAT finish out of my other Z product, Zymol and Meguiar's Gold Class...........

I say give this product a shot if you want.
#296 Delivered 6-1-09 Dynoed 10-3-09 384.56HP 387.65TQ with the bolt-ons listed, no tune.....yet!
Roto-Fab CAI (Install pics here), Doug Thorley Shorties, Flowmaster American Thunder 409S Cat Back Vid
NVMY68SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 06:07 PM   #4
tradosaurus
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 F150 Lariat, Candy Red
Thanks.
tradosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 07:03 PM   #5
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVMY68SS View Post
I don't see anything wrong with it...........there are a lot of GREAT products out there that don't start with a friggin Z...........I've used the Z product and all I can say is, it's not for me and if anyone wants a good deal on a half used Z-2, Z-5 and a whole bottle of that Z-CS crap, let me know. I'm getting a GREAT finish out of my other Z product, Zymol and Meguiar's Gold Class...........

Take it easy. I'm not offering my opinion to promote Zaino, or any other product. Its just not something I'd use. OK?

I don't think I told him NOT to use it either. As I've said in numerous posts, choose what works best for YOU, and use it.

Old 10-15-2009, 09:32 AM   #6
Chris@glimmerglass

Drives: 2001 S10, 2002 M3
Send a message via AIM to Chris@glimmerglass
Quote:

Agreed.

(Although very skeptical of it being able to actually "polish" over surface dust and not just fill in any defects or further damage)If you have a daily driver or beater, give this a shot. I'd certainly be interested to hear feedback on it from someone who has used it and not just mfg claims
Old 10-15-2009, 09:41 AM   #7
Moose

"polish" over dirt/dust...I think I'd prefer to "play it safe", spend a few extra minutes, and wash the car.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:49 AM   #8
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

Drives: 2010 RJT RS Camaro
Quote:

Send me your Z-2 and Z-5, and I love my Z-CS!
Old 10-15-2009, 11:21 AM   #9
Chris@glimmerglass

Drives: 2001 S10, 2002 M3
Send a message via AIM to Chris@glimmerglass
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
"polish" over dirt/dust...I think I'd prefer to "play it safe", spend a few extra minutes, and wash the car.
It all depends on their definition of polishing though. If the product is anything like Chemical Guys' ONE It could be a great product. ONE is a simply awesome product and it delivers on its claims. Although I dont think (per my own definition) it "polishes" like a pure chemical cleaner or mild abrasive does, it will clean and protect in one shot. I've used it after driving to a show and just carried that one bottle as my show prep product. Now, if someone defines "polishing" as just enhancing gloss by the use of non-specific chemical/product, then it can be considered a polish too. I've just heard "polish" be thrown around way too many different ways to accept a mfg claim as how I personally interpret the word.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:20 AM   #10
NVMY68SS
Drives #296

Drives: 1968 Camaro SS - 350/5 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmpackers View Post
Send me your Z-2 and Z-5, and I love my Z-CS!
Make me an offer. I'll look tonight and see exactly how much is there. I only applied one coat of the Z-CS, so I know it's a full bottle.

The best thing I got out of the kit I bought was the leather and tire products and the bucket.
#296 Delivered 6-1-09 Dynoed 10-3-09 384.56HP 387.65TQ with the bolt-ons listed, no tune.....yet!
Roto-Fab CAI (Install pics here), Doug Thorley Shorties, Flowmaster American Thunder 409S Cat Back Vid
NVMY68SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:47 AM   #11
wrek
2G1FK1EJ6-9

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS Transformer
Is my suspicion that Z-CS is Rain-X accurate? It looks, smells and feels exactly like every other "liquid polymer" I've ever used, and owning a window cleaning company, I've felt a lot of them.
wrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 11:08 AM   #12
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

Drives: 2010 RJT RS Camaro
Quote:
Make me an offer. I'll look tonight and see exactly how much is there. I only applied one coat of the Z-CS, so I know it's a full bottle.

The best thing I got out of the kit I bought was the leather and tire products and the bucket.
PM sent