Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-04-2011, 06:46 PM   #1
meschwenk

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
Cold Air Inductions install.

It has been a great weekend. I received my Black powder coated Cold Air Inductions CAI from Auto Agenda with the ADM Performance Street Cold Air scoop (Thanks Brain I hope I wasn't to much of a pain) and from Apex Motorsports the Washer Tank Replacement Kit. Here are some photos of the install. There is the one photo (#8) with the black lines that shows where to cut the plastic for the ADM Cold Air scoop. If your thinking of doing this just do it!
Attached Images

meschwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 06:58 PM   #2
csjcsj

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 6spd
Looks good! Thanks for the pics!
Old 09-04-2011, 11:34 PM   #3
SamHouseIII
I Carry!

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
great pics, can't wait to do mine.
SamHouseIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:57 PM   #4
guns-n-nascar

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS

Looks good! I did pretty much the same thing except I went with the Roto-Fab washer bottle.

Did you have a problem with removing the horn bolt to install the scoop? Mine was a pain in the a$$! I ended up cutting it off and drilling through to put the new bolt in.

You're right, Brian with AutoAgenda is the man!!!

Name:  IMGP3980.JPG
Views: 482
Size:  153.7 KB

guns-n-nascar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:50 AM   #5
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Thank you for your order and the mention. I love reading feed back from our customers. For those that come along later we do have package pricing for the CAI, scoop, and washer tank kit packages. No need to go to more than one place. Just place the items in your shopping cart and the discounts will automatically be applied.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:36 AM   #6
meschwenk

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by guns-n-nascar View Post

Looks good! I did pretty much the same thing except I went with the Roto-Fab washer bottle.

Did you have a problem with removing the horn bolt to install the scoop? Mine was a pain in the a$$! I ended up cutting it off and drilling through to put the new bolt in.

Attachment 283802

Thanks! No I did not have any problem with removing the horn bolt. I did try the nut first, but I noticed that the nut is tack welded to the metal, so I had to get a small socket and ratchet to remove the bolt from the front side where the horn is and it came out real easy.
meschwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 11:08 AM   #7
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Looks awesome
Old 09-05-2011, 11:27 AM   #8
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Very nice, the black looks good!
VR Baron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:21 PM   #9
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Sweet. This mod is going on my to do list. Jes waiting for that VMax TB
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:58 PM   #10
AutoAgenda

Drives: 69 Camaro, 02 Escalade, 67 Eleanor
Awesome Write-up Meschwenk! Looks amazing, let us know how it feels!

We also have some package deals for those looking for the CAI, Scoop, and Reservoir!
Intakes & Packages: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168806

Quote:

Attachment 283802
We appreciate it! We are always here if you ever need anything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbee View Post
Very nice, the black looks good!
+1!
AutoAgenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 05:40 PM   #11
guns-n-nascar

Quote:
Originally Posted by meschwenk View Post
Thanks! No I did not have any problem with removing the horn bolt. I did try the nut first, but I noticed that the nut is tack welded to the metal, so I had to get a small socket and ratchet to remove the bolt from the front side where the horn is and it came out real easy.
Yeah, I noticed that too. I tried from the other side as well but without the luck that you had.

Old 09-05-2011, 06:23 PM   #12
WVCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1Lt RS Victory Red
I'm going to be going in for my first oil change sence putting on my cai inc air intake.. when should i order the cleaning kit and another filter to use wile the first one is going though the cleaning process?
WVCamaro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:20 PM   #13
guns-n-nascar

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVCamaro10 View Post
I'm going to be going in for my first oil change sence putting on my cai inc air intake.. when should i order the cleaning kit and another filter to use wile the first one is going though the cleaning process?
For you, I wouldn't be to sure. Being in AZ and the dust that is out here, I make sure to clean it @ the 3,000 mile mark every time (been doing this with all of my cold air intakes since 97).

i really wouldn't see a need to order another filter. I'm usually at about a half hour total in cleaning time (cleaning, drying and oiling) and then I put the filter right back on. As far as the recharge kit, you could pick it up at pretty much any auto store (NAPA, O'Reilly, etc...).

Hope this helps!

Old 09-06-2011, 09:17 AM   #14
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by meschwenk View Post
It has been a great weekend. I received my Black powder coated Cold Air Inductions CAI from Auto Agenda with the ADM Performance Street Cold Air scoop (Thanks Brain I hope I wasn't to much of a pain) and from Apex Motorsports the Washer Tank Replacement Kit. Here are some photos of the install. There is the one photo (#8) with the black lines that shows where to cut the plastic for the ADM Cold Air scoop. If your thinking of doing this just do it!
Looks great man!! Thank you for choosing CAI Inc.!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVCamaro10 View Post
Honestly, you can pick off some of the heavy debris and do a visual inspection but an actual "recharge" probably wont be needed for at least 10,000 miles, probably more (depending on your driving conditions) If you do not feel like you will have enough time to let the filter dry before you need to use the vehicle, you can definitely pick up another filter. A lot of people who like to take ther time take this route, and having another filter on hand is never a horrible problem to have. Both the recharge kits and filters are available on our websire for sale. Our recharge kit is specially formulated for our filter, and use of another recharge kit will void the warranty.

Quote:
As far as the recharge kit, you could pick it up at pretty much any auto store (NAPA, O'Reilly, etc...). Hope this helps!
FYI - On some brand filters this is the case, however our filter is different and our recharge kit is specially formulated for the filter media we offer. Unlike multi-layer gauze filters which can fray and release fiber particles into your engine, our filter uses two layers of tightly-interwoven cotton fabric. The 3 main benefits to woven cotten are the fact its thinner, holds oil better, and is stronger. Since its thinner, it allows better air flow without sacrificing filtration. The cotton holds the oil more evenly, and the medium is much stronger. Unlike gauze, you cannot wear a hole in woven cotton by rubbing it, and there is no way small bits of cotton can rip off since its interlocked with another piece.

Trust me, I am not just saying this to scare people into buying our recharge kit, we literally make like $1 on these things. I recently had a guy recharge our filter with a competitors recharge kit he had in the garage, and it completely ruined the filter meida causing him to have to buy another. It also caused the MAF to need to be cleaned because the oil that was not designed for our filters would not absorb properly into the filter pleats and the oil was being sucked into his engine.

Hope this helps!!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote