Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 04-11-2009, 09:51 PM   #365
Ant

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT/RS (V6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareSS View Post
bad news...well not that bad but i didnt go to the car show today...i went out last night and stayed out till 6am and got pretty smashed...woke up late today at 4pm and my gf didnt wanna go so late...but im gonna go tomorrow after easter dinner i hope...prolly wont be crowded either...but i will get there one of these days if i end up not going tom...i got until the 19th
I went today, there is no ABM at the show, unfortunately. Just a SIM, VR, and IOM. You can only sit in the IOM and VR, which I sadly didn't get the chance to do.
Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 12:38 AM   #366
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
ABM is like IOM, stunning in person
I really liked it when I saw it in person... I couldn't take my eyes off it, even though it was an HHR but I followed it for a good 2-3 miles before it turned. It's really a great color!

When I saw the IOM on the Camaro (at Camp Ticonderoga), I wasn't as impressed. It was a very cloudy, gloomy day, and I dunno it just didn't pop out at me. My dad was with me, and even though it was parked next to a Victory Red one, he still thought they were both red as we were pulling into the parking lot. After I told him that it was orange, then he noticed the subtle difference. I imagine it looks great in the sun though, judging from the pics we've seen on here. But I wish it looked more like the car in your avatar! As much as I hate orange cars (no offense!), that color looks really nice!!

ABM, on the other hand... people say it looks dull on a cloudy day, but I didn't think so at all. I was fortunate enough to go from extremely sunny to completely overcast (really odd switch, almost right on the border of the 2 cities I was driving, haha) while I was following it... and man I just absolutely loved it the whole time!
DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 12:52 AM   #367
DerbyChamp06

Drives: 13' RAM 1500 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxer56 View Post
Kent, My order went to 3000 on March 27, so here's to hoping. Not sure they're making the Blues yet en masse, but I sure do hope to hear something soon. Maybe this Friday or next..some have gone to 3000 and stayed for weeks..I keep searching the VIN posts but nothing yet....Don't worry, there will be plenty of Pics when I get the car, hopefully when its on the truck being delivered! lol
Looking forward to seeing those pics, Walt! As I debate between ABM and VR, (and let me just say that I'm leaning towards ABM big time) another cost advantage I see is that with ABM, it would look just fine without stripes. If I went VR, Black Rally stripes would be needed to break up the brightness....and I'd be way more paranoid about catching attention of local law enforcement in VR.
DerbyChamp06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 12:56 AM   #368
DerbyChamp06

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDustiNN View Post
ABM, on the other hand... people say it looks dull on a cloudy day, but I didn't think so at all. I was fortunate enough to go from extremely sunny to completely overcast (really odd switch, almost right on the border of the 2 cities I was driving, haha) while I was following it... and man I just absolutely loved it the whole time!
Ditto! ABM shows good in all light, compared to most other colors offered. The color that really disappoints, IMO, is Red Jewel Tintcoat....it is the most "Dr. Jeckly/Mr. Hide" color, looking absolutely brilliant in bright sun, when sun hits it right, but then looking extremely dull maroonish in low light. Paint also looks thin. I originally was gunning for RJT, but the more I saw, the more I disliked....ABM, total opposite.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:00 AM   #369
BeermanSS

Drives: 2005 Cobalt SS/SC
Well its down to a ABM or IOM convertible now. Those last couple look great.
BeermanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:26 AM   #370
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerbyChamp06 View Post
Looking forward to seeing those pics, Walt! As I debate between ABM and VR, (and let me just say that I'm leaning towards ABM big time) another cost advantage I see is that with ABM, it would look just fine without stripes. If I went VR, Black Rally stripes would be needed to break up the brightness....and I'd be way more paranoid about catching attention of local law enforcement in VR.
The only thing I don't like about the VR is that it's "flat" up close... doesn't have the metallic sparkle and depth to it when you look into the paint. Same goes for the Rally Yellow that I saw. I haven't seen RJT in person yet so I can't say yay or nay to it. It looks like a really nice color in some pics, but it's just not my cup of tea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeermanSS View Post
Well its down to a ABM or IOM convertible now. Those last couple look great.
I think you'll be happy with either one of those, but I recommend seeing them in person first. People who like IOM seem to really like it, and the latest pics of it seem to be getting a lot of positive reactions. Personally I didn't like it much when I saw it (cloudy day). But either way, I think the metallic paint colors are the best ones!
DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 02:03 AM   #371
Riderover40

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro 2SS LS3 w/RS
Quote:
The only thing I don't like about the VR is that it's "flat" up close... doesn't have the metallic sparkle and depth to it when you look into the paint. Same goes for the Rally Yellow that I saw. I haven't seen RJT in person yet so I can't say yay or nay to it. It looks like a really nice color in some pics, but it's just not my cup of tea.

I think you'll be happy with either one of those, but I recommend seeing them in person first. People who like IOM seem to really like it, and the latest pics of it seem to be getting a lot of positive reactions. Personally I didn't like it much when I saw it (cloudy day). But either way, I think the metallic paint colors are the best ones!

The single layer colors (no metallic) are awesome......if kept clean with a highly polised wax ! The metallics seem to stay cleaner and give reflections alot easier wiht dirt and in differnet ambient lighting. That's why I am going ABM.......when is my TPW darn it!
Roto Fab CAI, Magnacharger MP2300, Kooks HO SS 1-7/8" LT's, Kook's Catted Connectors, Corsa SS Dual Rear Exit Cat-Back for A6 with Lasered Livernois Signature 4" Dual Wall Exit Pipes, Barton Short Throw. 546 RWHP 517 RWT

This Car Rocks !! "Bring It On" GT-500
Riderover40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 02:05 AM   #372
Riderover40

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro 2SS LS3 w/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerbyChamp06 View Post
Ditto! ABM shows good in all light, compared to most other colors offered. The color that really disappoints, IMO, is Red Jewel Tintcoat....it is the most "Dr. Jeckly/Mr. Hide" color, looking absolutely brilliant in bright sun, when sun hits it right, but then looking extremely dull maroonish in low light. Paint also looks thin. I originally was gunning for RJT, but the more I saw, the more I disliked....ABM, total opposite.
I agree, I saw the RJT in sulight early afternoon and it caught my attention so I started looking at it. As were you I was disappointed with it in in many lighting situations.......but under the right conditions it really shows up the lines on Camaro!!
Roto Fab CAI, Magnacharger MP2300, Kooks HO SS 1-7/8" LT's, Kook's Catted Connectors, Corsa SS Dual Rear Exit Cat-Back for A6 with Lasered Livernois Signature 4" Dual Wall Exit Pipes, Barton Short Throw. 546 RWHP 517 RWT

This Car Rocks !! "Bring It On" GT-500
Riderover40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 06:47 AM   #373
fixxer56
Thin Blue Line

Drives: ABM 2LT/RS #10094
Send a message via AIM to fixxer56
Derby, I can tell you as soon as I see the Camaros showing up, (and I'm sure Badger will too) I'll be catching up to them in my police car all to congratulate them and swap stories...
Old 04-12-2009, 03:56 PM   #374
MNWild

Drives: 2001 GMC Crew Cab
I cant decide on this color grrrr need to decide by tues

HELP HELP

2SS/RS manual B7X Q9J

Last edited by MNWild; 04-12-2009 at 04:08 PM.
MNWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 04:00 PM   #375
DerbyChamp06

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNWild View Post
I cant decide on this color grrrr need to decide by tues

HELP HELP
Welcome to Camaro 5! Go Aqua Blue, and you'll be very pleased. We both live in the Land of 10,000 Lakes, so ABM only seems right, right?
Old 04-12-2009, 04:03 PM   #376
DerbyChamp06

Quote:
I hear you. VR is best on cloudy days, when it still looks vibrant, while most other colors look dull......except ABM....ABM still looks fairly vibrant in clouds, but still has that metallic depth when the sun comes out....Its a great all-around color!
Old 04-12-2009, 04:06 PM   #377
MNWild

yeah its this or the IOM I was thinking GBA but I already have a black camaro and a silver vette... think I need new color !!!! oh my head hurts
the pic on thread #333 very nice but wonder if it looks like this most of the time in different light?
its going to be a daily driver for the most part
Old 04-12-2009, 04:34 PM   #378
MNWild

Thats a hell of a story ... Im in my mid 40's maybe the IOM might be alittle flashy for me and for also being a daily driver for the most part ... Have u ordered and where is it at ... My dealer just got their first allocation and I have it... priorty # 1 said maybe 7 weeks is this possible?

Tags
abm camaro, aqua blue, aqua blue metallic, aqua blue metallic camaro, camaro, car, sevn86 was here!