Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 04-26-2013, 02:15 AM   #785
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
looks awesome J ,that 8 rib pulley looks so damn good, did you start moving ? we miss you on the forum bro .
Old 04-28-2013, 03:53 AM   #786
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12

Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre777 View Post
looks awesome J ,that 8 rib pulley looks so damn good, did you start moving ? we miss you on the forum bro .
P, that 8 rib set by Innovators West makes the world of difference, upgrading from the 6 rib. We tuned it safely at 12 lbs of boost and when I get back to NJ we're going to add 2 degrees of timing since NJ has higher octane gas (93 & 94) and with my Torco per tankful I'll be close to a 100 octane, so more timing! It's expensive, but when you build and start hitting high HP it's just added insurance, plus Jessika from SuperCharger Connections hooked me up on the deal. It's definitely a must have! The cars got picked up on Thursday and the movers came Friday and we started the journey east this afternoon, so we stopped in Arizona for some rest, then it's on the road again! Got some BIG things planned once I get back to NJ

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:33 AM   #787
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronix View Post
P, that 8 rib set by Innovators West makes the world of difference, upgrading from the 6 rib. We tuned it safely at 12 lbs of boost and when I get back to NJ we're going to add 2 degrees of timing since NJ has higher octane gas (93 & 94) and with my Torco per tankful I'll be close to a 100 octane, so more timing! It's expensive, but when you build and start hitting high HP it's just added insurance, plus Jessika from SuperCharger Connections hooked me up on the deal. It's definitely a must have! The cars got picked up on Thursday and the movers came Friday and we started the journey east this afternoon, so we stopped in Arizona for some rest, then it's on the road again! Got some BIG things planned once I get back to NJ
John,
First of all, The Lord is definitely with you during this trying time in your life. Stay focused, enjoy the time with family, Please be safe in your travels, and know your two brothers are doing what they do best....keeping an eye on you all the way....

You are such a good friend. Please be assured we are praying for you and your entire family....and the ZLX & Hoe.....

Oh...BTW...finger prints on the valve covers???.....

Kurt and Kathy Keller ABL99...
Old 04-28-2013, 11:45 AM   #788
Kronix

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablueL99 View Post
John,
First of all, The Lord is definitely with you during this trying time in your life. Stay focused, enjoy the time with family, Please be safe in your travels, and know your two brothers are doing what they do best....keeping an eye on you all the way....

You are such a good friend. Please be assured we are praying for you and your entire family....and the ZLX & Hoe.....

Oh...BTW...finger prints on the valve covers???.....

Kurt and Kathy Keller ABL99...
Thanks brother Kurt, obviously I posted that last night before I checked Facebook and saw another longtime friend from home passed away, thank you again for saying the "right things" in shitty times. I'm so happy to call you a friend!

You're lucky I didn't take a picture of the whole car, it's embarrassing how dirty the ZLX is

2200 miles to go, all because of "mans best friend", my dogs, or else we would've just flown back and shipped all the cars

I'll check in in another 7-800 miles, time to hit the road.

Old 04-28-2013, 04:44 PM   #789
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Have a safe trip bro and god be with you.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:10 PM   #790
Kronix

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre777 View Post
Have a safe trip bro and god be with you.
Thank you my brotha!

Old 05-05-2013, 10:07 PM   #791
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
John, Hope things are going well for you and your family. Please know Kathy and I have been thinking about you on your travels....

Hang in there Buddy....A good attitude pays big dividends in the end....

Kurt ABL99...
Old 05-05-2013, 10:32 PM   #792
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Drives: PSHHH UWISH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoo5van View Post
Here's some pics of the new BMR bushings & the underside work completed.
Attack of the Spammers^^^^

Hope everything is going well John, stay safe and let us all know how the move is going brother!
Old 05-06-2013, 12:34 AM   #793
rccamaro

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/1LE
We all know how moving sucks, John. Power to you! ZLX power.
rccamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:09 AM   #794
kickasswelch69
Future Underwater Welder

Drives: 1991 Mazda B2200
John!!! So i had my first drive in a ZL1 saturday night! They are amazing! Im not used to the power what so ever. This car is almost 7 times the power of my truck. Non the less, i really enjoyed it. So did my date. And so did all of the people staring at me.
Attached Images

kickasswelch69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:55 PM   #795
Kronix

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablueL99 View Post
John, Hope things are going well for you and your family. Please know Kathy and I have been thinking about you on your travels....

Hang in there Buddy....A good attitude pays big dividends in the end....

Kurt ABL99...
thank you Kathy & Kurt, well after 4 days we made it back to NJ safe & sound on Wednesday, averaged about 700 miles a days, I didn't really want to push it and the dogs were doing fine. I will admit there were sometimes I wish I was in the ZLX and could just open her up and hit some of those beautiful turns and straight aways. But the ZLX got to travel in luxury in a nice big, enclosed car hauler along with the wife's Benz. They arrived right on time the following day in perfect condition! So to anyone that needs any auto transport, I high recommend Skyline Auto Transport, Enok and his crew really know how to take care of high end cars and they were babied from day 1. Hit me up if you need their info. Thanks Kurt for the spiritual guidance, I definitely felt it along the way! And as I edged closer to NJ, that's what kept me going and then driving through Indy I realized that's where the Fest will be and should be a walk in the park to get there! So hopefully I'll see you soon!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED DEMON SS View Post
Attack of the Spammers^^^^

Hope everything is going well John, stay safe and let us all know how the move is going brother!
Thank Tim, it's finally over, we'll except for unloading the boxes. But the worst is behind us, we got here safely, as did the cars and dogs, so that's all can ask for. I thank you and the rest of my forum friends for all the support throughout the move. I got to my cousin's house and waiting for me was a huge box from " In The News" with the 2 plaques from the latest magazines that the ZLX was in! Man are those plaques awesome Tim, thanks for the hook u Tim I already have Centree working on the dash plaques! I can't thank you enough for that connection, and as soon as I get the computer set up I'll post some pictures of those beauties!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccamaro View Post
We all know how moving sucks, John. Power to you! ZLX power.
You sure got that right RC it's nerve racking, nauseating, tiring, boring, and seems never ending all rolled into one! But thank God it's finally over and I can enjoy my car with my East Coast familia! I'm really looking forward to hitting up Atco and the new track in Milville and pushing the ZLX to its limits, because that's what it's been built for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickasswelch69 View Post
John!!! So i had my first drive in a ZL1 saturday night! They are amazing! Im not used to the power what so ever. This car is almost 7 times the power of my truck. Non the less, i really enjoyed it. So did my date. And so did all of the people staring at me.
That's awesome lil brotha, I hope your date appreciated all the extra effort you went through to show her a good time! If you think that's powerful, try adding 200+ HP to that and you have the ZLX Everyone that's sat in the passenger seat has had the ride of their lives, I make sure of it!

Just need to finish unpacking everything and then I can get started back on focusing on the whips and the finishing touches. I've already reached out to some fellow NJ C5ers and we're going to have some BIG things planned coming up and definitely making plans to hit the fest this year and meet up with as many good peeps as possible!

Next step is a full detail with all my Adams products, finish installing my Showstopper accessories and make an appointment with East Coast Supercharging to add about 2 degrees of timing since I finally have some real gas with octane above 91!!!! Anything for more power, right!!!

Thanks again EVERYONE for all the constant support throughout my move, it really helped! God bless!

Old 05-06-2013, 11:04 PM   #796
Vengeance Graphix

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
Glad to see and hear that you made it back the east coast safely John!!
Old 05-06-2013, 11:13 PM   #797
nikos30
HT5 EastSide

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
EAST COAST? YEA BABY!!

when do I get to see this beast dude??????????????????????????
Old 05-07-2013, 12:18 AM   #798
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Heyyyy J , we miss you man , can't wait to see you back on here bro

Tags
car of the week, cunningham motorsports, magnuson supercharger, pedders, zlx