Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-04-2009, 03:10 PM   #1
xfilerguy

Drives: not yet ordered
My dealer is an idiot -- why GM is failing

My dealer Really IS an idiot.

So I swing by S&J Chevrolet in Cerritos California on Superbowl Sunday around 1pm. I figured i'd go check out colors, get some info, and perhaps put down a deposit on a new Camaro.

So the salesman comes up to me and I say I am interested in the new Camaro. He basically says they don't know anything, don't have any literature/color swatches, and I should come back in April or May, or even later because GM keeps pushing it back.

After reading this forum for months, I know more than the avg person about the car, so I begin inquiring abount the # of allocations the dealership has, if they are selling at MSRP, how many preorders, etc. He says they are not taking ANY preorders, don't know the # of allocations, and it will most certainly be marked up. He further stated that all the other dealers across the country are ripping off their customers because A) They have no idea as to the # of camaros they will get or when they will get them; and B) They will not be selling them at MSRP no matter what they told buyers, even if they have it in writing.

So at this point I figured this a-hole salesman was just peeved that he had to work on Superbowl Sunday.

But here's the kicker....so I am looking to BUY in this horrible economy...you think that he would have said, "hey...give me your name and number and as soon as I get more info i'll call you". But no....the guy had absolutely no desire to help me at all. No wonder GM is in bad shape...their dealerships employ idiots who don't really want to sell cars.

I asked if I could see some of the colors on other cars on the lot -- like RJT or CGM, and he basically said, "I don't think we have any on the lot", which I find hard to believe....this is a BIG dealership.

Anyways, I need to find another dealership in the southbay area....maybe i'll go with Harbor Chevrolet.
xfilerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:15 PM   #2
Edrock

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
Wow. Unbelievable. Ok, I guess it is believable. Wonder if his picture is in Webster's on the page where idiot is defined. Has his dumb-A look with IDIOT under the picture.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:23 PM   #3
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
It is happening every day.... every where. And when they advertise it will get worse.
OUR72GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:25 PM   #4
littlecammi

Drives: '87 Pontiac Fiero GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfilerguy View Post
My dealer really IS an idiot. He says they are not taking ANY preorders and it will most certainly be marked up. GM dealerships employ idiots who don't really want to sell cars.
That dealer might not be an idiot. It may be a smart choice on their part not to take any preorders so they can order Camaros for stock and mark them up. And they certainly do want to sell cars; they just want to sell cars already on their lot that they can actually deliver now, or at least cars already in production for which they have current allocations.
littlecammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:25 PM   #5
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Wow, just WOW! I would have talked to another guy at the dealership, or even the manager. That is just ridiculous!
Old 02-04-2009, 03:26 PM   #6
BLACK SUNSHINE

Drives: 68 Firebird
If I were you would talk to the sales manger or GM if you can. The man just gave you a lot of leverage. Couple that experience with the info on this site and your good to go
Have fun.
1100 = Preliminary Order: 2/26/09 ..............................3800 = Produced: 6/29 VIN: 2G1FC1EV9A9122433
2000 = Accepted By GM: 5/19/09 ...............................4000 = Available to Ship: 7/1/09
3000 = Accepted By Production Control: ? ..........4200 = Shipped: 7/03/09
3300 = Scheduled For Production:6/6/09.......................5000 = Delivered To Dealer: 7/14/09
3400 = Broadcast:6/16/09............................... 6000 = Delivered To Customer: 7/15/09
BLACK SUNSHINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:26 PM   #7
Edrock

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
Oh...where are my manners...Welcome to the site!!
Old 02-04-2009, 03:48 PM   #8
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
He was probably wanting to get you on your way were he could watch
the superbowl pre-shows.reguardless this behavior is unacceptable
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:54 PM   #9
kdbolt70

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
your dealer is an idiot. My rep knows all of this info like the back of his hand. Granted, it took my 7 calls to different dealerships to settle on him, but thats what it takes. He actually ordered a 2SS back in october for himself.

I've also forwarded these sentiments on to my father recently, who is an exec at GM. I was asked how my generation (16-30 ish) are different than baby boomers, and the like. I told him we expect information. We are more knowlegable about the product than the people selling it too us. If they don't put in the effort, they don't get the sale. At first it was amusing to walk into a dealership and watch as reps flocked to me when I'd talk about an upcoming car model. Now its rather frustrating, and quite sad, to be honest. I don't get any sense of confidence when I am training the dealer in his own product.
2SS/RS Victory Red M6 w/ Black Rallys #3305
Muffler Delete, Lloyd "SS" Floormats, K&N Aircharger, Skip Shift Eliminator, Blacked Bowties
kdbolt70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:19 PM   #10
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecammi View Post
That dealer might not be an idiot. It may be a smart choice on their part not to take any preorders so they can order Camaros for stock and mark them up. And they certainly do want to sell cars; they just want to sell cars already on their lot that they can actually deliver now, or at least cars already in production for which they have current allocations.
Those orders will have the lowest priority but dealers may still get a few on the lot by ordering them.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:22 PM   #11
gotpball44
Boost Is Your Friend

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to gotpball44
I went there and they dont know anything and they do not want to participate in any Camaro pre-orders.

They said they are just going to get the cars and just sell them off from there.

AND YES THEY ARE DICKS OVER THERE. I dont even like the owner.
gotpball44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:25 PM   #12
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotpball44 View Post
I went there and they dont know anything and they do not want to participate in any Camaro pre-orders.

They said they are just going to get the cars and just sell them off from there.

AND YES THEY ARE DICKS OVER THERE. I dont even like the owner.
Really! Thats just not cool at all.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:20 PM   #13
racert33
waiting for white

Drives: vertically challenged 95 c/k
OFF TOPIC
you're from Long Beach, eh? I hope you aren't going to this years LBGP. FTG!
okay, back on topic
racert33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:09 PM   #14
xfilerguy

Drives: not yet ordered
Quote:
Originally Posted by racert33 View Post
OFF TOPIC
you're from Long Beach, eh? I hope you aren't going to this years LBGP. FTG!
okay, back on topic
HA HA HA.....NO F'ING WAY.
DIE-HARD CRAPPY HERE!

I'm so depressed that those sweet DP01s won't be tearing down shoreline.
xfilerguy is offline   Reply With Quote